Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mr. Robot-USA Network-US Pace(**Spoilers**)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭PressRun

I'm not interested in technology or hacking, and I thought it was great. Don't think you have to have that kind of background to understand what's going on.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

A good show I watched recently? Narcos. Mr. Robot is nowhere near as good or engaging as Narcos.
    I'd disagree. Enjoyed 'Mr. Robot' a lot more than 'Narcos'.

What I wouldn't do though is call either "mediocre" but recognise they both have their own quality.
    You talk further on about lacking originality next to the cable / online providers - broadly, that's probably fair but what show is actually really even like 'Mr. Robot'? I
    A lot of us watch an awful lot of TV (that's why we're posting here drawn from a variety of channels / sources and the fact is a lot us still came to see this show as one of the best of the year amidst some weak offering from a lot of places, and that includes the likes of HBO, Showtime et al.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,977 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Delighted for Christian Slater he finally found a hit show after so many attempts and won himself a Golden Globe.

635880648857666473-AP-73RD-ANNUAL-GOLDEN-GLOBE-AWARDS---PRESS-ROOM-78775706.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

www.whoismrrobot.com

Can't wait. (Link from another board BTW, I didn't find it)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

July 13th still seems really far away. Have high hopes though as the show hooked me from ep1 last season, I even really dug the big dream episode many complained (that the dream was too long) about.

I reckon the second season will be a lot bigger of my workplace is anything to go by. Initially I was the only one watching but now over half the team have gone and watched it. It's a trend that I suspect may be mirrored elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,808 ✭✭✭squonk

I hope it makes it big however I think it'll be big amongst a certain demo who are receptive to SciFi and/or quality shows that are left of field. I can't see the crew who watch stuff like TOWIE etc. falling for this. I'd say it'll remain a strong performing niche phenomenon. I've heard people around the office here talking about it as well which is a good thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,364 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think the fact it's on USA may affect it. A lot of people probably don't watch USA shows because they're USA shows. The same way people miss out on great shows because they're CW shows. Or imagine not watching Person of Interest because it's on CBS

I'll be watching anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SUAF4Munster

Glad to see this is coming back - enjoyed the first season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I think the fact it's on USA may affect it. A lot of people probably don't watch USA shows because they're USA shows. The same way people miss out on great shows because they're CW shows. Or imagine not watching Person of Interest because it's on CBS

I'll be watching anyway

Who even looks at the channel their on?

This show is still riding the wave of its brilliant first EP, the rest of it was fairly sh1te. Il still watch but the first couple EPS of S2 better not carry on like S1 or this will be a dead duck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Of the current shows I'm watching, season 2 of this is probably the one I'm most excited for. Definitely has its flaws and I can see why people might not enjoy it, but I found it captivating. Hoping that s2 builds on s1.

Il still watch but the first couple EPS of S2 better not carry on like S1 or this will be a dead duck.
    It'll be a dead duck to you or overall? Because the praise is near universal for the season as a whole not just the pilot. You may obviously dislike it but it's way off being anything like a dead duck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

did anyone tried entering your email in the whoismrrobot site?

That said while show had many crappy moments but at the same time some scences and action was great,specially in ep 2 where mrrobot refused to join e corp and atmosphere/music was great.

That said some funny stitched videos on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuJgn03t290 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

ixoy wrote: »
    It'll be a dead duck to you or overall? Because the praise is near universal for the season as a whole not just the pilot. You may obviously dislike it but it's way off being anything like a dead duck.
    I thought it faltered a good bit in the last few episodes and then picked up again after all the madness. They got a bit too (faux imo) deep with it for a period and should have been reined in a bit. Could easily go off the rails but am overall optimistic.

The whole
    fight club style twist
    was just a bit lame for me I think and a bit unbelievable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,364 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Who even looks at the channel their on?

A lot of people it seems. I've seen people saying they don't watch something because it's a CW show and don't want to be watching a teenage drama. Or don't want to watch Person of Interest because they don't like other CBS procedurals like NCIS or CSI.
    And 'm sure you've heard people simply describing a show as being a HBO show

CastorTroy wrote: »
    A lot of people it seems. I've seen people saying they don't watch something because it's a CW show and don't want to be watching a teenage drama. Or don't want to watch Person of Interest because they don't like other CBS procedurals like NCIS or CSI.
    And 'm sure you've heard people simply describing a show as being a HBO show
    couldn't be listening to clowns like that.

The only time I will judge or differentiate a show based on the network its on is the above mentioned HBO show. There is valid reasoning behind that though and it is a positive thing not dismissing a show because it is on a certain network like USA for example. HBO have a track record of producing some of the best ever TV and of allowing what many other networks maybe wouldn't on their shows in terms of Swearing, Violence, Nudity etc not that these things are neccesities but its great to know that they can appear if the writers deem it appropriate for the script.

Always found how many times they use the F word in Mr Robot but bleep it out to be a little odd, iirc The Pilot (available online at the time not the network version) didn't have it bleeped out though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,878 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Mr. Robot is coming to Universal Channel on Thursday 21st July

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭irishchris

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Mr. Robot is coming to Universal Channel on Thursday 21st July

Is that season two or just season one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

New trailer below. The season has been extended from 10 to 12 episodes and will be getting an aftershow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Mr E wrote: »
    New trailer below. The season has been extended from 10 to 12 episodes and will be getting an aftershow.

Nice! Hopefully it'll be worth those extra episodes and won't be drawn out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,973 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I predict now that the aftershow will be pointless and boring but cant wait for S2...

theres promo decoded for s1-2 out,most of it just talk about show,but few scenes with s2,and while its hard to guess what direction show will take as producers mention going different way,some scenes seem like more paranoid illusions crap and added 50 shades of grey on top.while enjoyed show for its technical details and realism,but couldn't bare to watch scenes where it was just totally tripping twitching screen and pure nonsense ,but seems there might be a lot more of that in s2 :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,551 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Caught up with this recently. Enjoyed it. Had a feeling the subtitled people were speaking Swedish, nice to have some Scandi influence hit America. :P Tyrell is a terrible human being, bloke from Rubicon in there too. Hard to pick a favourite character. Watching it along side Billions is interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Overall season 1 was fairly forgettable, its trying way to hard to be cool imo, and would be surprised if season 2 is any better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,878 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

irishchris wrote: »
    Is that season two or just season one?

Season 1 starts then

Overall season 1 was fairly forgettable, its trying way to hard to be cool imo, and would be surprised if season 2 is any better.
    It rode the wave of the super duper great pilot all the way through, utter turd of a show it ended up being. I've a real bad habit of sticking with shows I start watching, no matter how big the stinking poo piles they turn into, I'm gonna start copping on - I'll wait for reviews on S2 before I go near this, it'll need a miracle to see a S3 I'd say as they'll try and fix the problems as well as try "and be cool" and they'll fup it up.

It rode the wave of the super duper great pilot all the way through, utter turd of a show it ended up being. I've a real bad habit of sticking with shows I start watching, no matter how big the stinking poo piles they turn into, I'm gonna start copping on - I'll wait for reviews on S2 before I go near this, it'll need a miracle to see a S3 I'd say as they'll try and fix the problems as well as try "and be cool" and they'll fup it up.

Have a feeling you will watch season 2, as It will get great reviews. All of Season 1 got great reviews which is why it won loads of awards. You may disagree with those reviews (I personally didn't and thought it was all great and assume even if you do disagree that your "poo piles" was just childish hyperbole) but I would not expect Season 2 to suddenly change all that much, nor the critical response to it.

It is now one of USA networks flagship shows thanks to that critical acclaim and I would imagine if it has a season even nearly comparable to season 1 then a third season should it want one would not be difficult.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I think reviews will be an indicator insofar as if they speak of Season 2 being more of the same, it'll turn off those who didn't buy into the show's tone the first time around.

Myself, I'd be somewhere in the middle in terms of enjoyment: the pilot was an absolute gem - there's little question there & arguably was one of the best pilot episodes ever created for a TV show - but very quickly the steam left the kettle for me; I stuck with the show more out of sufferance than an addicted intent to see how things panned out or to follow the characters' journeys. Stripped of its slick, stylish and cold exterior - and an over-reliance on overly-artful direction - there wasn't a lot under the surface. It reminded a lot of House of Cards: one of those 'cinematic' TV shows that was just all empty calories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

Where can us Irish catch Season 2? Or do we have to take a holiday abroad when we want to watch? cough cough

^^ torrents cough cough ;) but its not out even in US yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭Doge

Do did anyone else see the Mr Robot page go live in Facebook last night?

I think there was only about 13k or 30k watching.

They showed a clip of unseen footage of what happened the night
    the hack on Evil Corp and it's backups went live.

I presume it's a spoiler and will be shown in the season 2 soon.

It potentially puts a dark twist on
    Tyrell's disappearance.

I love their PR for the show, that web page they did with the terminal you could use was pretty cool.

The season 2 opener (first episode only) was shown online for a short while last night, so I'm sure it's watchable... somewhere... today. :o

https://twitter.com/whoismrrobot/status/752293759220670464

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

The season 2 opener (first episode only) was shown online for a short while last night, so I'm sure it's watchable... somewhere... today. :o

https://twitter.com/whoismrrobot/status/752293759220670464

That is actually a genius move from them. Love it!

The first episode was superb.

The first episode was superb.

Of the new season?

Of the new season?

Ep1 of Season 2 is out....well "leaked" through social media by the studio for an hour or so for anyone online...bit of publicity....Ep1 and Ep2 air proper Wednesday night over there.

That opener was fantastic! Looks like they're staying on form! I was worried that they'd change things too much but it's as good as ever! Looking forward to the next installment!

• Advertisement

I think episode 2 dipped a little bit.

Apart from the opening scene and the bar scene, I was pretty disinterested in any scenes that didn't have Rami Malek in them.

I really enjoyed both episodes although I would imagine anyone who wasn't a fan of season 1 wouldn't be a fan of this either. Same quality for me

watched both and think its total train wreck,smth one i imagine would experience on crack or tripping,this what made s01 some of the episodes hard to watch but then they keep pouring more of it into s02,where it becomes sort of unreal with things they do and makes little sense really.

Did like to see many new cast members from different shows and all,but think that glamour they got from s01 soon might fade,if it continues such direction.

Its something with US tv shows in the last few years that once they get some hype,eventually they turn into slow burners or just roll off track to explore some new ideas which totally go against what made it watchable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭PressRun

Have only seen the first episode so far and really enjoyed it. Great to get back into it.

I thought it was a good episode. Not as strong as the first for sure and not a heap happened overall but I'm guessing it's more of a staging episode to set the scene for what's to come and also to show us where everybody is and what they're doing.

I like the theory that Leon (his Seinfeld fan friend)
    is another imaginary character created by Elliot. Afterall he eats 3 meals a day with the guy and the only other people to interact with him where the basketball player and that could have easily actually been Elliot fronting up to that guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭Doge

Enjoying it so far but i find that its going to be very hard to too the first series.

There was just so much suspense, and excitement leading upto
    the hack
    and now that its finally happened it may become a bit of an anti climax.

Theres still plenty lf mystery left in series 2 but i just thought the first season was TV gold, and its going to hard to top that for me! We'll see what how it progresses I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

is another imaginary character created by Elliot. Afterall he eats 3 meals a day with the guy and the only other people to interact with him where the basketball player and that could have easily actually been Elliot fronting up to that guy.

So a totally obvious plot twist from season one is repeated? Amazing!

I'm not sure they expected to be here for Season 2 so I guess they're filling in the blanks as they go. I'm hoping the Grace Gummer plot doesn't turn into the usual FBI malarky. I'm hoping they can put a different spin on it.

• Advertisement

Yeah I kinda figured that in the basketball court when the other big black guy came along and they never interacted. Kinda lame plot line if its true.

Advertisement