Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving away from gmail / yahoo etc

Options
  • 27-05-2015 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭

hi folks,

I'm looking at email alternatives other than the big free ones.

+ Need to be able to access them on an android phone
    + Dont want my content to be used without my permission.
    + Must have approx 10GB of space
    + Should be priced around 100 euro per year
    + Email servers to be located in Europe.

I was looking at fastmail until i read the below in the terms and conditions :

The Service Provider does not claim ownership of Content you submit or make available for inclusion on the Service. However, with respect to Content you submit or make available for public or shared access on the Service, you grant a world-wide, royalty free and non-exclusive license(s) to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display such Content on the Service solely for the purpose for which such Content was submitted or made available. This license exists only for as long as you elect to continue to include such Content on the Service and will terminate at the time you remove or the Service Provider removes such Content from the Service.

The Service Provider may terminate your access to any part or all of the Service and any related service(s) at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately, for any reason whatsoever, with or without providing any refund of any payments.

Anyone use any other email or recommend any providers?

thanks,

mada

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

tutanota might be worth a look too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

Buy a domain name and host your own SMTP server using an NAS for example?

Advertisement