Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

trip around the highlands

• 27-05-2015 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Im plannin to head over to scotland for a few days (probably 5) in july, ferry into troon and head up to fort william and then inverness and back around some way. If anyone has done any trips like this if you could share your route that would be great. google maps brings up all the main road routes but im sure theres some more interesting ways around! Thanks everyone for any help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Dexter Bip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭landmarkjohn

Sounds like fun, never done it, I read about Scotland to beware of the midges, might be worth researching a bit and buying some repellent or something. Enjoy and safe riding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Sounds like fun, never done it, I read about Scotland to beware of the midges, might be worth researching a bit and buying some repellent or something. Enjoy and safe riding.

Gonna be doing similar in Aug, Inverness is deffo the place to use as base.....roads are truely stunning. 4 of us getting ferry from Belfast to cairnryan and up to Inverness and then wing it lol. Should be great craic altogether

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭LLewellen Farquarson

I'm doing something similar in late July/early August. Going to Edenburgh, Inverness, looping around and back down to Fort William and Troon - Laire.

One word of warning. I found that a lot of accomodation was booked up, with prices pretty steep (especially with the exchange rate) for what was left. It might be worth a look on bookings or trivago to get an idea. Or you might just be better off bringing tents :)

And midges - the last time we were in Scotland (about 20 years ago!), they sold stuff called midgeX. The only stuff that really worked. I watched midges landing on my arms and flying off because of the stuff.

Have a good time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bobby93

thanks lad, a last minute trip to the tt last week has pushed this back but il keep all your input for when it happens! thanks again everyone!

• Advertisement
Advertisement