Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alcohol Abuse Treatment for Drink Driving

Options
  • 28-05-2015 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I was caught over the limit in a foreign country. Because of that, I now need to attend Alcohol treatment for a period of time. I might return to Ireland soon, is there a program in place in Ireland for Alcohol Abuse Treatment/Education.

I already checked Citizens.ie and they make a clear distinction between Alcoholism and Alcohol Abuse, I can only find programs for Alcoholism. According to their website - "Alcohol abuse is a problem that can affect people of any age and background when they intentionally overuse alcohol. It is a serious medical and social problem but is not the same as alcoholism."

Does anybody know of programs available in Ireland that might help me fulfill the requirements of Alcohol Abuse Treatment.

Thanks for the help
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

You'll need to check the legal requirements in the country where you were convicted. It's quite likely that their law requires you to attend an alcohol abuse programme that is approved or certified by them, or that conforms to some stated standard, or whatever. Without knowing exactly what requirement is imposed on you, you can't know if a programme in Ireland will meet that requirement.

Advertisement