Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech CS350 Alarm beeping with no fault.

Options
  • 28-05-2015 2:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,
    I'm wondering if anyone can help me I have an aritech CS350 problem where the keypad starts beeping while armed at various different times but just says system armed with no fault. The beeping is the same as the entry/exit beeping. I replaced the battery, checked all the fuses, wiring, looked at capacitors on board but could see nothing wrong. I wonder would resetting it using the memory jumper do anything for it? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Never heard of that fault before. Are you sure it's not a smoke alarm chirping because the battery is low?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

I also wonder about a possible battery fault in a smoke detector.
    Is or has your alarm system ever been monitored?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you leave it beeping what happens?
    Just wondering if it could be a faulty device on the entry exit zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bajm6277

It's not a smoke alarm, it's definitely the keypad beeping. My alarm has never been monitored though I do have it connected to a gsm unit to text me when it goes off. I think if i leave it it continuously beeps. KoolKid I think you might be right in saying it could be something faulty at the entry/exit zone. Over the weekend I will replace the parts & see what happens. Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Can you try something else. Activate the alarm & see if both the internal & external bells activate.
    Also set the alarm & open the front door & let the timer run down & see if the bells ring.
    Does the system part set OK?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

bajm6277 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm wondering if anyone can help me I have an aritech CS350 problem where the keypad starts beeping while armed at various different times but just says system armed with no fault. The beeping is the same as the entry/exit beeping. I replaced the battery, checked all the fuses, wiring, looked at capacitors on board but could see nothing wrong. I wonder would resetting it using the memory jumper do anything for it? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Sounds like a faulty device on your front door.
    If the zone opens while set it will start beeping as the entry counter will start.
    I would start by looking at this device.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bajm6277

Yes but the entry/exit is never displayed on the display & the beeping should stop after about a minute & the alarm would activate if the zone was opened. Having said that I too feel it's a device on the entry/exit area causing the problem as KoolKid said but it's strange the way I have no fault. I will open the front door & let the timer run down & see if the bells ring tomorrow.

Also check that the bells ring on any other alarm activation. If you press arrow down twice does any open zones display?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

bajm6277 wrote: »
    Yes but the entry/exit is never displayed on the display & the beeping should stop after about a minute & the alarm would activate if the zone was opened. Having said that I too feel it's a device on the entry/exit area causing the problem as KoolKid said but it's strange the way I have no fault. I will open the front door & let the timer run down & see if the bells ring tomorrow.

Sounds like the issue with the CS350 that the system just beeps even when the zones are showing closed after a full set. I would try a power down and back up if all sensors are working correctly. I know it fixes the other issue.

Advertisement