Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Club card

Options
  • 27-05-2015 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Any one know can you add money to your tesco club card to build up money. Need to buy day out tickets and dont have enought on voucher card.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

Clubcard garners points when you purchase. There's no way to buy points for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You can merge cards with someone else in the same household.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

it says on the adverts you can pay money onto clubcard but tried last week worker said that's not possible

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

Which advert was that? Perhaps it's something new, but I've never heard of it till now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Is this the type of thing you mean?

http://www.tesco.ie/clubcard/christmas-savers/

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

No there is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Is this the type of thing you mean?

http://www.tesco.ie/clubcard/christmas-savers/

Never heard of that before. I see discussion on this site

http://www.magicmum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=428173&start=24

people saying if you put €50 on they give bonus vouchers too. BUt this person saying not for deals.
    Girls when you get your vouchers sent out at christmas, some of them will be ordinary vouchers that you will be able to use on deals. The others (the ones you topped up yourself) will have a little santy hat on them and these cannot be used for deals. I am in the christmas club and find it very good for saving for christmas but in no way a benefit if you just want to buy deals. hth booboo

I always wondered how you got money on your card, since when you press "pay by card" at the self service checkout it says "tesco clubcard" and I have hit it once or twice by mistake thinking it meant "scan your clubcard."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

rubadub wrote: »
    ... I always wondered how you got money on your card, since when you press "pay by card" at the self service checkout it says "tesco clubcard" and I have hit it once or twice by mistake thinking it meant "scan your clubcard."
    Top-up and bonus vouchers cannot be exchanged for Clubcard Deals.
    Are you sure it does not say tesco giftcard?
    You cannot put money on a clubcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 tomhain

To put money in clubcard you have to join Christmas saver. Than you get a statement with coupons every quater, but no vouchers. You get vouchers in November.

Vouchers from points for purchases can be redeemed for deals.

Vouchers that are from money you put in are different color and cannot be used for clubcard boost, so if you are looking at some deal (like double for Bord Gais or ferry tickets) those coupons cannot be used.

If you put in 50 euro you get 3 euro extra in November, if you put in 100 euro you get 6 euro extra. You can of corse put more money in.

Christmas saver isn't available at the self scan, only checkouts and you have to ask checkout staff to put money in christmas saver. If you do not have christmas saver activated it won't work. Every store should have forms to activate it, you can call helpline or you can do it in clubcard account online.

Advertisement