Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running troursers doubt

Options
  • 28-05-2015 8:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Hi all, I have a question regarding dif troursers. I recently got a pair of running troursers as a present. When I checked them I realised they have like 'sticky' or 'rubbery' stuff on the knee and at the bottom of the leg. I checked label and saw they are for trail running. I run on the road. Can I still use them? What is the difference? Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Yeah of course you can use them for road running.

The silicon 'sticky stuff' is to stop the legs riding up your shins and the pieces on the top of the knees are to offer hand grip when running uphill as many will assist the quads using their hands.

from http://www.brianmac.co.uk/fell/fcoach.htm
    A good race walking technique can usually keep pace with those runners who prefer to jog - if the steepness of climb is suitable - but there is much more to the technique than just walking up hill with your hands on your legs.

Although the race walking technique is best demonstrated, the basics are quite simple. The principle of using the hands to assist the legs in raising the body is an every day occurrence if you care to look for it. The simple task of rising from a chair is made easier by the pressure that the hands apply to the armrests. The difference in pressure depends on how much assistance the legs require.

Although the two actions of race walking and rising from a chair are different, the principle is the same. You are assisting the leg muscles in lifting the body by use of your arms. A similar application is the use of climbing (ski) sticks that are now commonplace with mountain walkers. The principle is to help the legs lift the body weight up the slope.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭kabuxa

Thanks a lot!! I will keep it then 😄😄

Advertisement