Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty BOI Visa Debit Card

Options
  • 28-05-2015 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I went to branch to replace my BOI visa debit card after it stopped working for no reason.

Used it in ATM outside branch, error message appeared to contact branch.

Went in to branch where it also did not work so replacement was organised.

I just see I've been charged €8 for this. Card stopped working of it's own accord through no fault of mine. y

I find it ridiculous that I am being charged for a card that obviously was not fit for purpose.

What can be done to reverse this charge?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Triangla wrote: »
    Hi,

I went to branch to replace my BOI visa debit card after it stopped working for no reason.

Used it in ATM outside branch, error message appeared to contact branch.

Went in to branch where it also did not work so replacement was organised.

I just see I've been charged €8 for this. Card stopped working of it's own accord through no fault of mine. y

I find it ridiculous that I am being charged for a card that obviously was not fit for purpose.

What can be done to reverse this charge?
     Hi Triangla,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

We are sorry to hear this.

The €8 fee is an automatic charge when a new Visa debit card is ordered on a Current account.

It would be best to contact your account holding branch directly to discuss this further and a representative will be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks again,
    Tara C

Advertisement