Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grobag... Chubby neck

Options
  • 28-05-2015 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭

Our four week old has an incredibly chubby neck/cheeks and her Grobag seems really tight on her :( I know the neck needs to fit well so she can't wriggle down into it but it really is too snug. I bought her one that has a V-neck shape rather than round and that's slightly better but I'm still not very happy with it. Does anybody have a recommendation for a brand of sleeping bag that has a more generous neck? I went back to using cellular blankets last night but even though they were tucked in tight and she was foot to foot in the cot when I woke up this morning she had managed to wriggle so she was parallel with bottom of the cot and had her face lying on the blanket so that won't work either!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

I don't have grobag recommendations, but was recently looking at the miracle blanket and am going to purchase it for my baby when it comes in October. Maybe something to consider..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Miracle-Blanket-Swaddle-Wrap-Natural/dp/B00350O4PE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1432805251&sr=8-1&keywords=miracle+blanket

There's a good video on youtube of a woman showing how she is using it for her twins (one blanket each of course! ;)).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Thanks for that... I think my baby is an anomaly in that she hates being swaddled. Even in the hospital she would complain until she managed to wriggle her arms out of the swaddle and would only be happy when she was waving her arms around the place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

Our four week old has an incredibly chubby neck/cheeks and her Grobag seems really tight on her :( I know the neck needs to fit well so she can't wriggle down into it but it really is too snug. I bought her one that has a V-neck shape rather than round and that's slightly better but I'm still not very happy with it. Does anybody have a recommendation for a brand of sleeping bag that has a more generous neck? I went back to using cellular blankets last night but even though they were tucked in tight and she was foot to foot in the cot when I woke up this morning she had managed to wriggle so she was parallel with bottom of the cot and had her face lying on the blanket so that won't work either!!

The mamas & papas ones with V necks seem to have fairly spacious neck and arm holes. The ones I have came in a 2 pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

One of ours is a marks and Spencers one, it's a round neck on it but it seems fairly roomy, my daughter is a bit of a chubby one too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I have a couple that have poppers up the front, rather than a zip at the side, and you could leave one or two open at the neck. They are Mamas and Papas, but I bought them in TK Maxx.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I have a couple from Jojo Maman Bebe and they are quite generous on the neck but nicely designed at the shoulders to prevent slippage.

The Gro company ones are standard and a bit small. I also have a Merino Kids one which is very spacious around the neck and is lovely but it's very warm so I wouldn't say suitable for this time of year at all. I'd go with JJMB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭mocha please!

Have you tried one with poppers on the shoulders? E.g. the Baby Elegance ones have two poppers each side, you could just leave one of each undone?

Also, I got an awful fright with a Dunnes one because his head slipped right down through the neckhole one night - however he was a skinny baby, so that size neck hole might actually fit your baby perfectly! It was actually a lovely sleeping bag but never used it again after that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

We find slumbersac great for our 18 month old. Hes big baby. We got ours with a zip
    slumbersac.co.uk.
    They usually have a sale on.

Amazon also have them

Advertisement