Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Yoga Mat

Options
  • 28-05-2015 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

I am interested in getting more involved in Yoga. So far my experience is just that on the Wii fit.:o

I am looking to purchase a good yoga mat and am looking for some advice on what to look out for.:confused:

I weigh 120lbs and I will be doing most of my Yoga stretches on a hard wood floor.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭bonzo_k

Manduka Pro mats are good. They have a life time guarantee. I had one that started to tear after a 4 or 5 years usage. They sent me out a new one after I sent pictures of the damage. No problems at all. They are a bit pricey though, you can get them of amazon.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Sean_pop

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

I've just bought a simple Reebok Yoga Mat and can't fault it yet tbh. Not expensive at all which was perfect as I wasn't sure if yoga would be something I would continue.

Yoga is working wonders for me so will keep this for now. It also has that handy strap for hanging over your shoulder to carry with you :)

Hope that helps,
    kerry4sam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭bonzo_k

If you plan to use it daily I would invest in a good mat, as cheap mats disintegrate very quickly with daily usage. If you are only going to practice occasionally, I would go with what the previous poster recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Sean_pop

What sort of money do the more expensive mats go for??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

If you're anyway near a TKMaxx, they always have good mats in, for a fraction of the rrp. Spend €20 or so, and you'll have a mat that'll do you for life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

I find my nike ones have lasted YEARS of indoor and outdoor practice. TK Maxx is always good for a mat too - you can be very lucky!

Advertisement