Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

N11 Northbound Is Closed Beside Bray

• 28-05-2015 1:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭

Just a bit of info for anyone travelling northbound. N11 is closed until 4pm due to a serious accident involving a motorbike and a car. Traffic is at a standstill around the area.
    Hopefully no one has been seriously hurt.

https://twitter.com/MicMacSuibh/status/603893739967348736/photo/1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

Unfortunately, the motorcyclist was seriously injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

Anyone have an update? I was there 30 minutes previously. I fly up that road every day, sometimes you need something like this to tell you to slow down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Reoil wrote: »
    Unfortunately, the motorcyclist was seriously injured.

Been hearing some stories about the "biker" in this accident....none of them positive tbh.....wink.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Been hearing some stories about the "biker" in this accident....none of them positive tbh.....wink.png

Criminals get less of a punishment than he did.

I don't believe there are many people out there that deserve to be killed or have their lives ruined through serious injury.

Criminals get less of a punishment than he did.

I don't believe there are many people out there that deserve to be killed or have their lives ruined through serious injury.

If you saw the video of him that i saw last night you'd change your mind.....wreckless is too small a word for it..disgusting is more appropiate..
    Things are tough enough for us lot ,we dont need that type of publicity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭nemoisback66

If you saw the video of him that i saw last night you'd change your mind.....wreckless is too small a word for it..disgusting is more appropiate..
    Things are tough enough for us lot ,we dont need that type of publicity

Hopefully he will recover from the injuries but if it was wreckless driving he was doing hopefully that will teach him a lesson. Unfortunately its people who use the public roads as a racetrack that give bikers a bad rep. You have a link to the video or is it private? Just out of curiosity.

Hopefully he will recover from the injuries but if it was wreckless driving he was doing hopefully that will teach him a lesson. Unfortunately its people who use the public roads as a racetrack that give bikers a bad rep. You have a link to the video or is it private? Just out of curiosity.

If i can get it i will deffo put it up...and i guarantee NO ONE will say that he is/was a great pilot.....TBH it looks like a bike that was stolen..one part shows him mount the pavement to avoid a red light which he goes straight through, and goes down Bray main street at, i'd say at least 100 kph, he broke every red light...this was evening time , cars, people going about their business..sickening..

Did anyone else on here see it ..???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

Here you go: Utter madness, no sympathy for him. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEuLgVReoCA&feature=youtu.be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭nemoisback66

Pataman wrote: »
    Here you go: Utter madness, no sympathy for him. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEuLgVReoCA&feature=youtu.be

That is madness. :eek::eek::eek: If he was riding like that when he crashed I have no sympathy for the guy.

;)..sound...i only saw it on a phone....looks even worse now....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,087 ✭✭✭✭listermint

There quite literally are not enough words in the dictionary to describe how utterly careless and bloody selfish that driving is.

He clearly doesnt care for himself or other roadusers and by roadusers you can include pedestrians , cyclists, cars van divers. People just 'living'

Hes prepared to tear lives apart.

What an absolute moron.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭prunudo

It's his poor family that I feel sorry for, they must be going through hell.
    Thankfully he didn't hurt anybody else in last weeks crash.

I'd just like to post that i'm not 100% sure if this is the guy, its just what i've been told..so if its not this clown i apologise to the injured rider...just sayin..;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Holy sh*t.. I don't scare easily and have been known to be a stupid bastard at times but that displaying of riding on that clip is pure and utter f*cking madness.. Tbh, and I'd rarely say this about a biker but that guy deserves locking up.

Absolute brain dead madness and a total disregard for the lives of everyone sharing the road with the prick..

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭pclive

Scary Madness!!

Is there any way the Gardai can use this to prosecuted him for multiple counts of dangerous driving?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

pclive wrote: »
    Scary Madness!!

Is there any way the Gardai can use this to prosecuted him for multiple counts of dangerous driving?

Unlikely to prove who it was actually driving, even if you track the source of the upload.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 devwa

I'm not a saint, I tend to filter quite aggressively from time to time (or so I think) or drive above the posted speed limit but this is utter madness.

As much sympathy I could have toward the family, I've none for a biker driving like this.
    Go on a bloody track !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

It is a person who is trying to copy the Ghost rider in Germany.

Can't remember but did the german one die?

I have luckily very rarely seen that sort of riding here and glad because it is digusting.

Riding like that through small towns/villages and running lights and riding on footpaths even where kids were outside Mc Ds in Bray.

I feel bad for the truck driver and anyone else that had to witness his making.
    If this is the guy I don't wish him dead or anything but I do hope he never rides again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

Sounds bad but I am glad he got was coming to him having watched that video. I was tarred with the same brush on my last bike because a few bellends liked to take the piss.

I feel sorry for the family but its one less arse on our roads.

It is a person who is trying to copy the Ghost rider in Germany.

Can't remember but did the german one die?

I have luckily very rarely seen that sort of riding here and glad because it is digusting.

Riding like that through small towns/villages and running lights and riding on footpaths even where kids were outside Mc Ds in Bray.

I feel bad for the truck driver and anyone else that had to witness his making.
    If this is the guy I don't wish him dead or anything but I do hope he never rides again.

He didn't die IIRC.. They were close to working out who he was so he "died" in an attempt to get the police to stop the chase..

• Advertisement

dubscottie wrote: »
    He didn't die IIRC.. They were close to working out who he was so he "died" in an attempt to get the police to stop the chase..

Ah right got ya..

Couldn't remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

If it was a Rizla liveried GSXR then the clip was on the news or on the RTE site.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    If it was a Rizla liveried GSXR then the clip was on the news or on the RTE site.

Dont think so...looks all black....
    Hope we see the crash video up soon........:P

Ah right got ya..

Couldn't remember.

There was another lad (maybe the same one) that liked to hang onto trains over there going 186mph.. He "died" as well but the police still got him.

When I say "died" people posted online that he was dead but was alive and well..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Zoo4m8

Dont think so...looks all black....
    Hope we see the crash video up soon........:P

Came on this accident.. The bike was blue, the levers on the bike in the video would match so maybe the same genius..too busy watching the traffic round me to get the make or model..

I heard the rider died a few hours after the accident.

Not sure if correct or not but someone else may know.

AFAIK the scum's still alive..............Terry Pratchett isnt..:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

Yep, he's alive. I heard he has a broken spine(and every other bone in his body).
    I also heard he is in a induced coma.

Yep, he's alive. I heard he has a broken spine(and every other bone in his body).
    I also heard he is in a induced coma.

Imagine the cost to us of keeping him alive.............too soon.??.:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

bad juju

Advertisement