Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Like an actual online league with you and friends, they had it back in 13 or 14 an took it out for no reason, was fairly class tbh

it will be a "new" feature in 17

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Like an actual online league with you and friends, they had it back in 13 or 14 an took it out for no reason, was fairly class tbh

Really? Don't have a memory of that. Sounds so good though. I guess it's another great feature taken away just like "lounge mode" on PS2 AFAIK. It was essentially seasons mode but not online and had better stats.

It was so good to keep a track of your win record against your brothers etc

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Really? Don't have a memory of that. Sounds so good though. I guess it's another great feature taken away just like "lounge mode" on PS2 AFAIK. It was essentially seasons mode but not online and had better stats.

This is really sad but me and my brother keep a track of our results in a spreadsheet on excel :pac: He's the type to say if he really focuses he'll beat me, and since I was keeping track of the results damn near every game was an intense game in 15. Ended up with a 5:1 record so happy out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Yeah, it was basically the same as tournament mode just online, you could do leagues with min 4 teams upto 32 (I think?) and custom tournaments (knockouts, group stage then knockout etc.) was a laugh with a few friends online.

Yeah, it was basically the same as tournament mode just online, you could do leagues with min 4 teams upto 32 (I think?) and custom tournaments (knockouts, group stage then knockout etc.) was a laugh with a few friends online.

• Advertisement

This is really sad but me and my brother keep a track of our results in a spreadsheet on excel :pac: He's the type to say if he really focuses he'll beat me, and since I was keeping track of the results damn near every game was an intense game in 15. Ended up with a 5:1 record so happy out

Haha but it stops him saying he is better as he is 4 up or unbeaten in 7 etc. We recently got a 2nd copy of fifa so we play online...2 rooms away from each other to keep track of the stats lol (this is where I miss lounge mode or an offline friendly mode like online one).

Here is our stats from when we started playing online. I've 1 more goal so therefore I am the fifa king ;)

Is 40£ off Game Collection the cheapest this game wil be?

For everyone who want the demo now

Change your location to New Zealand, or create a new account from NZ, and you can get the demo now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Change your location to New Zealand, or create a new account from NZ, and you can get the demo now
    Ps4 only?

miralize wrote: »
    Ps4 only?

seemingly yes, ps3 and ps4 only atm

xbox people get early access and legends so ya can't complain about losing out on the demo for a few hours :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Demo is tonight at midnight?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

seemingly yes, ps3 and ps4 only atm

xbox people get early access and legends so ya can't complain about losing out on the demo for a few hours :pac:

I'm still planning on it :P

Demo is tonight at midnight?

It's out the 8th, and it's the 8th already in countries like NZ

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

It's out the 8th, and it's the 8th already in countries like NZ

My bad. Worded poorly. Was wondering if it's out tonight at midnight our time :P

I LOVE YOU!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

So is the demo out on the 8th in ireland ?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭MrYlad

Does anyone know if Creation Centre will feature on Fifa 16?

Love FUT draft. So much fun trying to get a team at full chem, and also trying to get the best players

Had 2 prem cb's, team at near full chem, but I got Neuer as GK with Mignolet as only prem GK.

Game feels a lot slower, like I struggled to get past Mascherano with Hazard. Haven't noticed much else in 4 games, just keep making draft teams

Very slow indeed. The players whe sliding look like they're going down a water slide. Only played twice so far

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

How do you change you're location ? I don't want to create a new account

• Advertisement

How do you change you're location ? I don't want to create a new account

Don't know myself, google and youtube should though

Not that hard to create a new account, just need a new email and it takes all of 5 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Definitely slower than FIFA 15 which I think I like, seems a lot more difficult to ping the ball around like a pinball which is definitely a good thing. Slide tackling as mentioned is slower too which makes you think before you commit.

Simply passing and pressing in a direction no longer means the ball just gravitates to your player. Finishing seems much improved too, had a few clear one on ones with superstar strikers who put the ball away with ease. Keepers reactions seem a little better. Opposition hold the ball a little smarter too.

So far so good, but it's still a bit samey.... Not seeing anything yet that's rocking my world.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Downloading now.

Hope its good, as PES demo was impressive. Will get both in the long run regardless anyway. Looking forward to clubs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Out on Xbox one yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Going to tive this a try. Pushed over to Pes last season but I like having the crests and everything. Plus League of Ireland teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Played both both PES and FIFA back to back just now.

I'm struggling to see any changes in FIFA. Yes, thats a cliche at this stage but I've been playing FIFA happily for years now as I never felt PES was a decent alternative.

This year - I think I may give FIFA a miss and give PES a shot.

Gameplay in PES is definitely further on the 'simulation' side than any recent FIFA and, on top of that, the menus/presentation just seem more streamlined.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Played both both PES and FIFA back to back just now.

I'm struggling to see any changes in FIFA. Yes, thats a cliche at this stage but I've been playing FIFA happily for years now as I never felt PES was a decent alternative.

This year - I think I may give FIFA a miss and give PES a shot.

Gameplay in PES is definitely further on the 'simulation' side than any recent FIFA and, on top of that, the menus/presentation just seem more streamlined.

Couldn't agree more. I've always been happy with FIFA as the changes, although small, did fine tune things, and it felt like it was improving key aspects.

This years changes seem so incidental and/or are for Ultimate Team which I've no time for. The whole 'free dribble' or whatever it's called, barely noticed anything.

The women's football was a bit meh too. Enjoyed it yes but it didn't really add a huge amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Where's everyone buying? Smyths; Gamestop and Xtra Vision all charging €75; no way I'm paying that; may wait and see Argos price. Anyone know if you can pre load on an irish account if you preorder and go digital

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Where's everyone buying? Smyths; Gamestop and Xtra Vision all charging €75; no way I'm paying that; may wait and see Argos price. Anyone know if you can pre load on an irish account if you preorder and go digital

Would you consider going the US PSN route? Saves money and you get the game a few days earlier. Can't buy FIFA points from your Irish account though is the only drawback.

You can preload it too.

• Advertisement

65 in Smyths last time I checked, Argos will prob be 65 too.

Advertisement