Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

martyos121 wrote: »
    Would you consider going the US PSN route? Saves money and you get the game a few days earlier. Can't buy FIFA points from your Irish account though is the only drawback.

You can preload it too.

How much is it on the US Store?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    How much is it on the US Store?

Usually $60, haven't checked though so it could be different this year. Way cheaper than any shop in Ireland (unless Tesco or Supervalu do a deal on it).

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭tdonegan1990

€52 euro on cdkeys.com is a decent price.
    I'd say Argos will do it for €59.99.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Usually $60, haven't checked though so it could be different this year. Way cheaper than any shop in Ireland (unless Tesco or Supervalu do a deal on it).

Did you do it with 15? Was there any problems or differences from buying from the Irish store?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Did you do it with 15? Was there any problems or differences from buying from the Irish store?

The only thing is that you can not buy any DLC (ie: FIFA points).

If you are buying a version with free ultimate team packs, those packs will only be available in your US account.

• Advertisement

v3ttel wrote: »
    The only thing is that you can not buy any DLC (ie: FIFA points).

If you are buying a version with free ultimate team packs, those packs will only be available in your US account.

That's grand I don't play ultimate team anyway. Can I pay using my card on the US Store no?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Game Collection, €55 and will most likely get it on or before release day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

65 in Smyths last time I checked, Argos will prob be 65 too.

Gone up to 74.99 now unfortunately, I went in to preorder as it was 64.99 last week

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/search/?q=fifa%2016#1&profile=IE

Game Collection, €55 and will most likely get it on or before release day.

They relaible yeah? Only thing I hate being at mercy of An Post would hate not to have it for the weekend of release ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Think I'm gonna chance it on Argos having plenty in stock on release day. Don't mind paying €60/65 to have a physical copy on release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

They relaible yeah? Only thing I hate being at mercy of An Post would hate not to have it for the weekend of release ;-)

parcel motel is your friend if ordering from the UK

• Administrators Posts: 53,800 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I've only played one game in the demo and to be honest I'm pretty disappointed. Two four minute halves and already seen some of the usual frustrating crap. :(

For some reason EA still haven't realised that the worlds best players can sprint and control the ball at the same time. Even defenders can dribble. Pepe dribbles like he's never seen a football in his life.

Player switching still completely broken, I had to hit LB five times to get control of the man closest to the ball.

My overall impression is that this is more like FIFA 15.5, it's hard to see much difference except it's slower.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Feeling pretty underwhelmed by the demo today, shooting is better but nothing major that I've noticed. I'm mainly a clubs man when it comes to fifa but have to say I might hold back on buying this year considering nothing has been done with that part of the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

awec wrote: »

My overall impression is that this is more like FIFA 15.5, it's hard to see much difference except it's slower.

I think this part gets said every year and I think it's just the game feels slower at the start until you get used to it and people discover whatever this year's exploit is, especially once you get online.

I haven't got a chance to get near my ps4 for the demo yet but the reactions so far has almost made my mind up to go pes this year.

No it's definitely slower, sprint speeds etc are slower. Slide tackling has a longer animation etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I often find the demo is slower than the full game. I think it's to show off the new features a bit more since they're more noticeable in a slower game.

Played a game of the women's there.

I'm not sure if the women's game is exactly the same as the men just with different player graphics, or if it actually has tweaks in the game engine to account for the different style.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Not majorly sold on either the draft thing is a cool idea ...But ya ....seems the same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Best place to buy this that will deliver on time or am I as well just to get in a local retailer?

The game collection selling it at £40, but I emailed and they said they would doubt I'd get it on release date due to Ireland.

The game still has no idea about obstruction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

People who play it every year and come out with the "its the same!" line completely baffle me. They are the sort to claim coke is the same as pepsi or that Heinz ketchup tastes the same as Chef.

There are aspects of the game that are unchanged and identical and then there are others that are completely different. Shooting is very different. As is passing. The keepers come for crosses a lot more and they make reaction saves. Crossing has been completely reworked too. This is a football game....you are going to spend a lot of time shooting and passing. The differences are notable and immediate.

I'm not sure if its going to end up being a good game and there are areas which I still hate like the tackling system.....but to call it unchanged is ridiculous.

Kirby wrote: »
    People who play it every year and come out with the "its the same!" line completely baffle me. They are the sort to claim coke is the same as pepsi or that Heinz ketchup tastes the same as Chef.

There are aspects of the game that are unchanged and identical and then there are others that are completely different. Shooting is very different. As is passing. Crossing has been completely reworked too. This is a football game....you are going to spend a lot of time shooting and passing.

I'm not sure if its going to end up being a good game and there are areas which I still hate like the tackling system.....but to call it unchanged is ridiculous.

I've never said this about any previous FIFA demo. Usually you play the demo and it's completely different to what you are used to.

This one is marginally different at best. I've played 7 or 8 games now and it's clear the many of the continual problems are still present.

I wouldn't say shooting is very different at all. Feels almost the same as FIFA 15 to me. Maybe you need to hold the power button a split second longer now, but other than that I see little change or improvement.

Passing, again, hardly changed at all.

Crossing - yea that's changed, it's very difficult now to hit a bad cross. Almost every one will be bang on the money.

Penalties still being awarded for absolute nonsense. Keepers still really slow on the ball. Obstruction still a free for all. Player switching still a lottery. AI (your own team) still completely rubbish with defenders running into each other and having terrible positional sense. Keepers still dodgy and from what I've seen overly prone to punching the ball in stupid situations.

But they've added a few new skill games for the loading screens, so that's great I guess. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Kirby wrote: »

There are aspects of the game that are unchanged and identical and then there are others that are completely different. Shooting is very different. As is passing. The keepers come for crosses a lot more and they make reaction saves. Crossing has been completely reworked too. This is a football game....you are going to spend a lot of time shooting and passing. The differences are notable and immediate.

Shooting and passing are indeed different but the changes are far too incidental for me to qualify them as improvements. It feels like the sliders have been slightly altered on FIFA 15.

It is definitely slower than FIFA 15 which I do like and think is an improvement but again, is it wholesale? No.

And realistically after a while, once we've all mastered the new shooting and passing, it becomes the same game as FIFA 15.

It's definitely not 'the same', but the changes are so minor that in an age where you're dropping €55+ on a game you want to feel like there's something genuinely worth upgrading for than just nice new visuals. New training games are nice but I loved them in the last game for a few weeks and never bothered with them again.

I'm not saying I definitely won't get it, but it's definitely a hard sell. Even looking through the 'improvements' that EA highlight to you after each game, I'm looking at them fairly underwhelmed. One of their big selling points this year is the fact that you can now play in pre-season tournaments in career mode for extra money and use all your subs.... I mean that's nice and all, but they're banging on about it like they've obtained a Champions League Licence. It's good yes, but its hardly major.

And before anyone jumps in and says it, I do agree that if something isn't broke don't fix it. I don't want FIFA reinventing the wheel for each game for the sake of it, but if they want my annual €55, there's got to be more on offer.

And Coke is gack and Pepsi is lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Has anyone been playing it vs another person? Its hard to know sometimes if the main problems are still there until you play a guy who tries to use them and the cpu can feel like a different game to the online.

So if anyone has been playing against others have you noticed:

Pace abuse, is it still present?

Balls over the top, are they still pinpoint no matter what the situation of the passer?

The run from kick off, is that gone?

Does a Defensive midfielder who is told to stay back while attacking actually stay back and defend?

Has there been a lot of hitting the woodwork (post and crossbar). Always found this happened way too often like they were trying to create drama.

I seen someone say crossing is very accurate. Does it just fell like they have gone back to a couple of Fifas ago where crossing was a very effective way of scoring? Think it was either 13 or 14

The difficulty modes don't seem to be consistent between men / women.

Professional in the womens plays like semi-pro in the mens.

Reading here it seems if you thought 15 was a poor game its more of the same.

I can't believe I'm saying this but PES might just be better this year(I've played the PES demo ill wait for the FIFA 10 hour trial but I liked PES for the first time since the PS2).... Could never have believed that after FIFA 13 but 14 and 15 were just complete garbage.

Well done EA, you managed to take a winning formula and change it so much that somehow PES caught ye again... Bravo.

Do you have to press something for the no touch dribbling? Haven't noticed it at all if it's automatic

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

You hold down LB/L1. I have been trying it a lot and I have completely roasted the defenders several times with it......but the vast majority of the time you lose the ball. It's hard to tell how effective it is because its the A.I. I think that it might be very good against the people who do nothing but spam the "pull/tackle" button constantly but its hard to tell without testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Not impressed with the demo so far unfortunately. I'm not going to judge it fully tho until after the 10 hour trial

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

The way the A.I keep the ball like Barca in lengendary mode is frustating.

Advertisement