Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Really impressed with the demo but looks like I'm the only one. It basically feels as though they finished last years game, far better fluidity to it and feels a lot more 'real' so far. Finding the opponent AI to be much better too. The L1 thing really confused me, used to use it a lot last year to stop the ball dead so will take a bit of time to relearn.

• Administrators Posts: 53,800 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

MD1990 wrote: »
    The way the A.I keep the ball like Barca in lengendary mode is frustating.

Yea, inch perfect passes yet the AI on your team always seems to not be as good as the AI of the opposition.

Its not as bad as last year. I was getting the ball back much easier on this than I was last year when even a league 2 team would keep the ball like Barca.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

hots wrote: »
    Really impressed with the demo but looks like I'm the only one. It basically feels as though they finished last years game, far better fluidity to it and feels a lot more 'real' so far. Finding the opponent AI to be much better too. The L1 thing really confused me, used to use it a lot last year to stop the ball dead so will take a bit of time to relearn.

What L1 thing is it?

• Administrators Posts: 53,800 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

MarkY91 wrote: »
    What L1 thing is it?

The dribble thing where you leave the ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I noticed this myself last night. Was playing as Man City against River Plate on professional level to get a bit of time on the ball, so not even top difficulty.

It was 0-0 in the 70th minute and I just couldn't get near the ball whatsoever for about 15 game minutes. They were pinging the ball around the back line with inch perfect accuracy and no amount of closing down, standing back or pressing worked. Drove me insane.

I've only seen that in a few games though so it's nice that maybe the weaker teams are settling for a draw whereas had it been Barca they would have attacled, but making it literally impossible for me was a tad frustrating.

They've also moved the triggers for finesse pass and finesse shot to opposite triggers (for me anyway) which took a bit of getting used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

I'm personally fairly impressed although I have only played against friends so can't comment on AI. There was I think 2-3 years ago where it was ridiculous, any time you came near an AI they would turn around and pass it back so you could never tackle them, they wouldt dribble at all.

Anyway back to the game. Keepers still crap and getting beat at near post easily leaving loads of space. But the game seems very fluid and has a really nice feel to it. The hard pass thing is a great addition and firs t touches seem realistic. Out of interest has anyone actually found no touch dribbling in any way affective? It's seemed pointless to me so far when i've tried it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I think the keepers are vastly improved, really the main thing I noticed in the demo. Had some 1 v 1's brilliantly saved so far.

stephenl15 wrote: »
    I'm personally fairly impressed although I have only played against friends so can't comment on AI. There was I think 2-3 years ago where it was ridiculous, any time you came near an AI they would turn around and pass it back so you could never tackle them, they wouldt dribble at all.

Anyway back to the game. Keepers still crap and getting beat at near post easily leaving loads of space. But the game seems very fluid and has a really nice feel to it. The hard pass thing is a great addition and firs t touches seem realistic. Out of interest has anyone actually found no touch dribbling in any way affective? It's seemed pointless to me so far when i've tried it.

I found some of the new keeper animations quite nice, they've pulled off a few saves which looked really impressive. Good keepers seem to defend well in one-on-ones. And then in some situations, my strikers have left poorer keepers for dead which I like as sometimes in last years games an easy one on one against a sub-par keeper would be really tough to score despite having a top striker.

Found the no-touch dribbling useless in some aspects and world-beating in others. I used it a bit by mistake playing as USA Women and left people for dead (I was pressing it out of habit from the old controls) before scoring a screamer but then when I tried to use it properly, it was doing f-all. Probably says more about me! Ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    That's grand I don't play ultimate team anyway. Can I pay using my card on the US Store no?

I had no problems paying with an Irish card on the US story for FIFA last year anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

One thing id wish they would allow is changing the GK jersey to avoid a colour clash.
    a small detail but would help a lot.

awec wrote: »
    The dribble thing where you leave the ball.

ah yes. seems weird. has anyone used the L1 thing where it actually is usefull? im yet to have seen any benefit from it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

MarkY91 wrote: »
    ah yes. seems weird. has anyone used the L1 thing where it actually is usefull? im yet to have seen any benefit from it

Used it to do a couple of body faints last night and managed to get past one or two defenders, preferred last years L1 control tho.

Also not liking L2 being changed into fancy passing I used that a lot in 15 for better control so I've my finger on it a lot.

The pitch feels about twice as big in the womens games. So much more space on the ball and big areas to play balls into.

Certainly feeling different from the mens game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Used it to do a couple of body faints last night and managed to get past one or two defenders, preferred last years L1 control tho.

Also not liking L2 being changed into fancy passing I used that a lot in 15 for better control so I've my finger on it a lot.

Exact same here for both, fancy passing used to be L2 + R1, used to use L2 a lot too.

The pitch feels about twice as big in the womens games. So much more space on the ball and big areas to play balls into.

Certainly feeling different from the mens game.

Only had one women's game but thought it was more enjoyable then playing with the men's

is streaming Career Mode right now

Players strength seems to be more defined this time around. Playing as Chelsea and it's very noticeable the differences in physical battles when you're controlling someone like Matic or Cahill versus someone nimble like Hazard.

Also, players who really weren't made for tackling like Diego Costa have really wild tackles. Nice touch that slide tackling with those kind of players is now noticeably different.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Isn't slide tackle noticeably slower and different because there's now an option to back out of the slide and stand the player up, it was one of the features I've seen talked of a lot anyway??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Isn't slide tackle noticeably slower and different because there's now an option to back out of the slide and stand the player up, it was one of the features I've seen talked of a lot anyway??

Can you actually opt out of a slide tackle? Just noticed you can get up quickly by pressing square

I used them the same way as you last year. I really dislike the changes.

Not feeling this fifa at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

One fun little feature I just noticed.

Played a game out to penalties and won the shootout when Hummels blasted the shot wide.

Got to control the goalkeeper as if he was celebrating a goal with the entire team chasing me around the pitch until I stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Can you actually opt out of a slide tackle? Just noticed you can get up quickly by pressing square

havent played it tbh but i presume thats the feature then

havent played it tbh but i presume thats the feature then

I haven't noticed any way of cancelling a tackle. What I have noticed is that better defenders get up quicker after a missed slide tackle and aren't completely out of the defence whereas if you slide tackle with a striker it can be the equivalent of sliding on an ice rink and they're completely taken out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

For those of you that are getting it on PC, greenmangaming.com have it for €60 and a 23% off voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Played the demo last night, just 1 game of draft and the first 20 minutes of a womens game. Found the draft thing cool, got Ronaldo as captain and built a mainly la liga team with willian, sakho, ramires and salah thrown in but still had 100 chemistry. Had the likes of yaya and muller on the bench but couldn't fit them in.

I don't think it's as bad as a few people make out, and this is coming from someone who went from pro evo to fifa and is now fully back in the pro evo side. I think it's slightly improved and yes people will buy it in flocks again but Pro Evo is so far ahead this year regards game play.

The animations seem better, dribbling seems to work well regardless of pace, the best players such as Ronaldo aren't too overpowered. I agree with the poster above who said the pitch seems much bigger in the women's matches. Perhaps it's the camera angle though, not sure.

Overall, the full game will really have to win me over when it comes to Ultimate Team and online modes if I'm to buy it (get to trial the game a week early with Ea access) and 45 euro for PES 2016 considering the superb gameplay is very hard to beat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Notice a few differences on the Fifa 16 demo. Long shots, keeper saves etc. all seem improved as does AI's defending.

Sliding tackles are a big plus this year as well and also free kicks/corners. It was way too easy to score a FK last year, seems to be a bit more difficult this year.

I find though that the more difficult the game setting is, the same Fifa it is with it being impossible to get the ball at times.

Still unsure whether to get PES or Fifa this year...need to play both a bit more..

• Advertisement

Colemania wrote: »
    Played the demo last night, just 1 game of draft and the first 20 minutes of a womens game. Found the draft thing cool, got Ronaldo as captain and built a mainly la liga team with willian, sakho, ramires and salah thrown in but still had 100 chemistry. Had the likes of yaya and muller on the bench but couldn't fit them in.

I don't think it's as bad as a few people make out, and this is coming from someone who went from pro evo to fifa and is now fully back in the pro evo side. I think it's slightly improved and yes people will buy it in flocks again but Pro Evo is so far ahead this year regards game play.

The animations seem better, dribbling seems to work well regardless of pace, the best players such as Ronaldo aren't too overpowered. I agree with the poster above who said the pitch seems much bigger in the women's matches. Perhaps it's the camera angle though, not sure.

Overall, the full game will really have to win me over when it comes to Ultimate Team and online modes if I'm to buy it (get to trial the game a week early with Ea access) and 45 euro for PES 2016 considering the superb gameplay is very hard to beat

PES feels like a game I would play in an arcade back in 1999...

Graphics however do impress me.

Advertisement