Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

MarkY91 wrote: »
    PES feels like a game I would play in an arcade back in 1999...

Graphics however do impress me.

I always get that feeling from the handling when I go back and play some PES. What PES players tend to call better dribbling to me feels too easy to turn all the time. Fifa feels it captures the momentum of players better in that respect but to PES players transfering over it makes it feel slower or more clunky.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

This is the first year I've played the FIFA demo and have really thought twice about buying it.

The traditional body feint and drag back have pretty much been removed - they are now so slow and ineffective they may as well not be there.

The L1 dribbling from last year which was genuinely useful seems to have been replaced with the new no touch dribbling. I can't see this being at all effective. I'm losing the ball the majority of the time.

Crossing from deep is ridiculously effective, especially with a left footer from the right and vice versa. The whip they get on the ball beats the defense nearly every time. I fear that games online are going to just be about who can get the most crosses in from deep.

It feels like the series is going backwards. The only positive addition has been FUT draft, but there are far more negatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

PES feels like a game I would play in an arcade back in 1999...

Graphics however do impress me.

The fanboy is strong in this one.... :P

I'll be the first to admit, every Pro Evo from 2007 to 2013 has been shockingly bad. PES 2014 was the beginning of an improvement but still poor enough. 2015 was a massive improvement and in my opinion better than FIFA 2015.

I really dunno how you can say PES 2016 feels arcade like though. If you've followed the progression of PES over the years, you'd see this is a massive jump in quality of game play. Most fun to play and no scripting online like FIFA. Give it another go and put all bias aside. It really is a great game

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Colemania wrote: »
    The fanboy is strong in this one.... :P

I'll be the first to admit, every Pro Evo from 2007 to 2013 has been shockingly bad. PES 2014 was the beginning of an improvement but still poor enough. 2015 was a massive improvement and in my opinion better than FIFA 2015.

I really dunno how you can say PES 2016 feels arcade like though. If you've followed the progression of PES over the years, you'd see this is a massive jump in quality of game play. Most fun to play and no scripting online like FIFA. Give it another go and put all bias aside. It really is a great game

Im hardly a fanboy. Back in the mid 2000s PES became my football game for a couple of years. If you check my posts here the past few months, I've been moaning about was missing in fifa. Past few days I've bee saying how fifa16 isn't cutting it for me.

I'm sorry if you feel that PES is amazing but to me it just feels like I'm playing ISS listening to maniac 2000 back as a pre teen.

Im hardly a fanboy. Back in the mid 2000s PES became my football game for a couple of years. If you check my posts here the past few months, I've been moaning about was missing in fifa. Past few days I've bee saying how fifa16 isn't cutting it for me.

I'm sorry if you feel that PES is amazing but to me it just feels like I'm playing ISS listening to maniac 2000 back as a pre teen.

Listen you're entitled to your opinion, I just find it baffling! It's a pity Ultimate Team will always have the draw over My Club and the lack of licenses doesn't help but with the PS4 getting option files, maybe that will make a difference.

To be honest I hope the full release of FIFA is good cos its rare to have 2 very good soccer releases in the same year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Sudden urge to dig out the SNES and ISS Deluxe....

Scoring from corners and the half way line.... And THAT commentary....

That's the weekend sorted. Ha

Listen you're entitled to your opinion, I just find it baffling! It's a pity Ultimate Team will always have the draw over My Club and the lack of licenses doesn't help but with the PS4 getting option files, maybe that will make a difference.

To be honest I hope the full release of FIFA is good cos its rare to have 2 very good soccer releases in the same year

I don't even play UT. Just online seasons and games with my brothers.

I'm not a fanboy at all..I hate fifa scripting and too many other things to name but personally I just find fifa to be alot better to play.

I'm sure sale figures would show people prefare fifa.

I don't even play UT. Just online seasons and games with my brothers.

I'm not a fanboy at all..I hate fifa scripting and too many other things to name but personally I just find fifa to be alot better to play.

I'm sure sale figures would show people prefare fifa.

I've no doubt fifa will eclipse PES in sales again but the gap is slowly closing. Kids under 16 will only play FIFA, that I know. With all the FIFA youtubers these days, kids worship these guys and probably one reason why they keep playing.

I've no doubt fifa will eclipse PES in sales again but the gap is slowly closing. Kids under 16 will only play FIFA, that I know. With all the FIFA youtubers these days, kids worship these guys and probably one reason why they keep playing.

Good point with the you tubers. I've never came across a PES youtuber.

I like PES graphics and like to think it forces EA to actually improve on theirs. Competition is our best friend for fans of fifa and pes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Good point with the you tubers. I've never came across a PES youtuber.

I like PES graphics and like to think it forces EA to actually improve on theirs. Competition is our best friend for fans of fifa and pes

I think there's an Irish lad on YouTube who does a bit of pes, midnight kid or something (no I'm not him so this isn't a shameless plug ha). Mainly master league as far as I know but he's obviously nowhere near as popular as ksi or any of those.

I seen on one of the early game play videos of pes that the guy over the series said Pes has never out sold fifa anyway. Even the days when everyone said it was better still couldn't compete with the license power of fifa.

100% agree on the competition. It only benefits us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

I reckon PES will only out sell FIFA once the full Option File edit feature is reinstated.

The Option File scene along with solid gameplay was what made PES so special back in the day.

Creation Centre is back this year thank god on the next gen consoles and pc.

Batesy wrote: »
    I reckon PES will only out sell FIFA once the full Option File edit feature is reinstated.

The Option File scene along with solid gameplay was what made PES so special back in the day.

Think option files are back this year on PS4 anyway.

Really?!? Full edits?

I shall be keeping an eye on that!!

Batesy wrote: »
    Really?!? Full edits?

I shall be keeping an eye on that!!

Apparently...

http://www.onlyproevolutions.com/2015/07/pes-2016-option-file-sharing-coming-to-ps4.html?m=1

Full details seem light on the ground though so maybe a wait and see approach is best. Will definitely be keeping an eye on it myself too.

Definetly a game changer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Knockmealdown Shepherd

Does anyone know if Pes 16 is region locked like other years?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Creation Centre is back this year thank god on the next gen consoles and pc.

How do you know? I know they've removed it from last gen this year haven't hear anything bout current gen.

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    How do you know? I know they've removed it from last gen this year haven't hear anything bout current gen.

The EA Blog noted a few days ago the features that weren't going to be included on PS3 and 360 consoles so I guess that I'm just hoping they will be in :)

https://www.easports.com/fifa/news/2015/fifa-16-features-xbox-360-playstation-3
    Due to console limitations and available resources, PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of FIFA 16 do not feature the same innovations and new modes that are available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC.

That means that the team has removed a number of elements on Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3, including:

Creation Centre
    Custom Music and Chants
    The FIFA Interactive World Cup (*available on PlayStation 4 & Xbox One)
    GameFace
    In-game presentation with Jeff Stelling (*also removed from PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC)
    Match Lobbies
    Secondary English commentary with Clyde Tyldesley and Andy Townsend

Seems like poor Jeff Stelling got the axe altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

I can't see them including Creation Centre this year surely they'd have announced it already?
    I'd love it if It was or even better included in the actual game, FIFA really lacks on the creation/editing compared to PES

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Anyone got an idea of what their first fut team will look like ?

Hoping this will be affordable soon enough after release

http://www.futhead.com/16/squads/256645/

Anyone got an idea of what their first fut team will look like ?

Hoping this will be affordable soon enough after release

http://www.futhead.com/16/squads/256645/

wingers and baba could be pricy af for the first while I'd say. Apart from that probably alright, prem teams are always so expensive early on though.

hots wrote: »
    wingers and baba could be pricy af for the first while I'd say. Apart from that probably alright, prem teams are always so expensive early on though.

there's lots of wingers better than those 2, so they could be cheap enough

for the first while i'm just going to build a decent team and then just play until I have enough for fut draft, I love the concept of the draft so much

there's lots of wingers better than those 2, so they could be cheap enough

for the first while i'm just going to build a decent team and then just play until I have enough for fut draft, I love the concept of the draft so much

How is the draft thing going to work? Pay to play (coins)?

Will the UT app open early before fifa releases like it usually does?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I wouldnt be surprised to not see the app. EA hate it as its a lot of work and maintenance and is heavily vulnerable to bots.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Not impressed after a few games.

Lofted through ball is still a killer, still easy to barrel down the wings.
    "interceptions" are stll very average compared to PES

Keepers are better, but still easy to beat at near corners.

few nice clash animations added, and small bits liek vanishing spray.
    but other then that it feels like FIFA 15 in disguise.

First time in a long time PES is being baught launch date and fifa will be purchased when eever free cash arises.
    PES has taken a huge step gameplay wise this year, where as fifa...im just not sure

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

For me, FIFA gets my release day buy for one more year and I'll get PES at a later time. This is only based on reputation though, and if PES is the superior game this year, I think I'll be switching my allegiances for the future. Option Files on PS4 is an absolutely massive feature, it cannot be understated how big this is for PES, whereas FIFA 16 hasn't done anything major to add to the game. Hoping for big improvements in Pro Clubs (best mode in FIFA by far), but I've heard nothing about it this year.

hots wrote: »
    How is the draft thing going to work? Pay to play (coins)?

15k to play, nobody knows the prizes yet but I'd imagine if you lose the first game you get a 15k pack
    Will the UT app open early before fifa releases like it usually does?

No info released by EA on the web app at all. There will prob be a web app but without trading

• Advertisement

15k to play, nobody knows the prizes yet but I'd imagine if you lose the first game you get a 15k pack

Didn't realise this at all, surely if there's a pack for getting knocked out in the first it would have to be a 5/7.5k? Needs to be an incentive to not lose. 15k is big money at the start too and peanuts at the end so will be interesting to see how the mode changes over the year.

Advertisement