Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

EA have said once you enter the draft you will at least get your points back at a minimum

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

hots wrote: »
    Didn't realise this at all, surely if there's a pack for getting knocked out in the first it would have to be a 5/7.5k? Needs to be an incentive to not lose. 15k is big money at the start too and peanuts at the end so will be interesting to see how the mode changes over the year.

Teams will change over the year as more and more informs come out, if a player gets 2 informs there's 3 versions of the player you can get in the draft. The incentive to not lose is the better rewards as you win more

The direct quote from ea is "Even if you lose your first match you’ll still receive a reward that matches the value of the entrance fee", so I'd imagine it will be a 15k pack

Not every player is in the draft in the demo, so it feels like you're getting the same players all the time it's because there's players from only 20 or so teams

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Teams will change over the year as more and more informs come out, if a player gets 2 informs there's 3 versions of the player you can get in the draft. The incentive to not lose is the better rewards as you win more

The direct quote from ea is "Even if you lose your first match you’ll still receive a reward that matches the value of the entrance fee", so I'd imagine it will be a 15k pack

Not every player is in the draft in the demo, so it feels like you're getting the same players all the time it's because there's players from only 20 or so teams

Hadn't seen that quote. Feels like there should be a bit more of a risk/reward element to it tbh. 15k packs are obsolete now anyway?

Hadn't seen that quote. Feels like there should be a bit more of a risk/reward element to it tbh. 15k packs are obsolete now anyway?

What do you mean by obsolete ? There will be a decent return from them at the start when every item is worth a few hundred coins

What do you mean by obsolete ? There will be a decent return from them at the start when every item is worth a few hundred coins

I mean there's no point in just opening a 15k pack when the min return from the draft is a 15k pack; might as well give the tournament a run and see if you get a round further...

• Advertisement

I mean there's no point in just opening a 15k pack when the min return from the draft is a 15k pack; might as well give the tournament a run and see if you get a round further...

15k packs aren't always available. I wouldn't be surprised if the packs were untradebale either, I hope they're not but wouldn't be surprised at it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

didn't necessarily say it'd be a 15k pack, I think. Just that the reward would equal 15k, so it could be like 2 7.5k packs, 3 5k packs etc

• Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Totally torn.

Every time I play PES demo I really enjoy it and see I'm getting it. Loving the feel of it.

Then I play FIFA the next day and I say the same thing. It is definitely growing on me, despite my initial misgivings.

With all the games I plan on getting in the next couple of months, I'm not splashing out on the two games...

Grrrrrrrr.

I'm surprised at the bad reaction to the fifa demo, although it does seem to happen every year. Yes there's not a drastic change but it really didn't need it. It plays very very well and better then last year. PES has improved and its now really a choice of preference over two excellent products. I didn't get the blown awayness of the PES demo others did but that's fair enough. I do think FIFA gets a serious amount of hate just because it's made by the big bad multi-monster EA rather then everyone's childhood memory favorites Konami though.

didn't necessarily say it'd be a 15k pack, I think. Just that the reward would equal 15k, so it could be like 2 7.5k packs, 3 5k packs etc

it didn't but please god let it be a 15k pack and tradeable

i seen Spencer FC get the 4 wins offline on world class and he got 2 25k packs, 12 rare items ones, fair enough prize i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

They haven't fixed anything in Fifa in years. It's still the same, balls over the top just as effective. Sick of it.

Will try PES for a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

I found both demos really enjoyable.

At this moment I'll probably buy FIFA and watch the option file development on PES. If they can create a great custom option file scene like 04 - 06 it'll be a real game changer but konami for whatever reason just cannot get their heads around online gameplay.

If they nail that we're really spoilt for choice.

One thing I'll give to FIFA tho, is that they always nail it with the soundtrack. The one "Change" and "Feeling Electric" have been stuck in my head the last 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Dreams too..

No Kasabian this year though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭EoinAFC

The demo plays completely different when you play vs the AI and then play against a decent human. Getting a feel for how it'll play online has been disappointing.
    Space is limited therefore getting shots away is extremely difficult, the passing is broken and players rarely are able to pull off a through ball that seems simple. Overall I don't think they have improved the game but made it worse.

I think the defenders are a little too good as well, you can never burn a player for pace when you really should with a good attacker. The defender muscles and wins the ball most of the time. This makes the 1 v 1's relatively non-existent.
    One improvement is goal keepers however the heading has to be fixed as they never seem to save near post attempts with a header.

miralize wrote: »
    Dreams too..

ahaha, that's the one I thought was "Change" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Batesy wrote: »
    I found both demos really enjoyable.

At this moment I'll probably buy FIFA and watch the option file development on PES. If they can create a great custom option file scene like 04 - 06 it'll be a real game changer but konami for whatever reason just cannot get their heads around online gameplay.

If they nail that we're really spoilt for choice.

Another Spencer FC fan I see :P

Colemania wrote: »
    Another Spencer FC fan I see :P

That gag is lost on me.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

That gag is lost on me.

Ah never mind :P A poster above mentioned a youtuber called Spencer FC that was playing the draft and got 2 25k packs. One of his phrases is "game changer"......

That is all...

• Advertisement

EoinAFC wrote: »
    The demo plays completely different when you play vs the AI and then play against a decent human. Getting a feel for how it'll play online has been disappointing.
    Space is limited therefore getting shots away is extremely difficult, the passing is broken and players rarely are able to pull off a through ball that seems simple. Overall I don't think they have improved the game but made it worse.

I think the defenders are a little too good as well, you can never burn a player for pace when you really should with a good attacker. The defender muscles and wins the ball most of the time. This makes the 1 v 1's relatively non-existent.
    One improvement is goal keepers however the heading has to be fixed as they never seem to save near post attempts with a header.

It's a nice change for it to have gone this way for once. For years pace has been waaay overpowered, hopefully this year it will reflect real life a bit better and show that the best defenders/strikers don't have to be lightening quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭EoinAFC

It's a nice change for it to have gone this way for once. For years pace has been waaay overpowered, hopefully this year it will reflect real life a bit better and show that the best defenders/strikers don't have to be lightening quick.

I'm all for slower paced and the removal of pace abusing but there are times and certain players where you just know they have a bit more oomph and they just can't beat the defender. It's easily the most frustrating FIFA i've played thus far. Pes has the balance perfect, pace is effective when it should be.Fifa need to strike that balance.

Unfortunately UT will just be pace abuse again as it is played on a faster setting.

If they fix the passing and implement a little pace then the game will be very enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

The more I play and get used to it the less I start to dislike it.

I still feel that if it's too damn slow, too hard to go around a defender and I've noticed some pathetic excuses for controlling the ball. No more torpedo goals into the top corner? Feels like the ball weighs a tonne when you shoot it even with s higher power than in fifa 15. More realistic I guess but far less fun

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

That gag is lost on me.

I'll see you when you're older, don't go changing. :D

I'll see you when you're older, don't go changing. :D

And, that gag is lost on me.

I think this year is the year I take the 6 month hit and just go EA access, I'm still enjoying 15 UT and life is getting such that I need to start spending less time playing games unfortunately :( plus access with Madden etc for 25euro is just seriously great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Really liken when you send one of your players on a run they just don't run straight like Fifa 15 but cut inside looking for space only problem will prob make the lofted through ball easier for the spammers

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

gotthebug wrote: »
    Really liken when you send one of your players on a run they just don't run straight like Fifa 15 but cut inside looking for space only problem will prob make the lofted through ball easier for the spammers

The lofted through ball is much less effective for a variety of reasons though.

Firstly, good keepers pull a Neuer. They come flying out on their own. So that helps.

Secondly, the volleyed first-time, reversed back to goal 75 yard over the top through ball with Paul McShane is gone. If you try that, it will fly off in a random direction. Thirdly, even with an epic passing player with space, its still less effective. You can't stick it on a six pence anymore. It has variance.

They still work, but only occasionally. Most of the time its overhit or will go out of play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Whenever I play a Fifa demo I find it completely different to the actual game and the previous game, but this one for me is too much like 15 besides the different controls for certain buttons and AI teams being able to pass like Barca it feels the same as 15 but worse,15 was actually the first FIFA game I've enjoyed in years. I just hope to god 16 changes by the time the actual game comes out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I never bother with the Fifa demos anymore as the demo code is months old and the demo never resembles the final game..Always feels so slow and in the final game pace gets back in.

Advertisement