Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ryloken

I hope the change isn't too drastic. I've been playing the PC demo with the time extender mod and I really think Fifa is brilliant this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Ryloken wrote: »
    I hope the change isn't too drastic. I've been playing the PC demo with the time extender mod and I really think Fifa is brilliant this year.

It more than likely will be different. Nobody knows for sure, but I've played the last 3 demos before the full game and they were all different in good ways and bad ways to the demo.

Kirby above said over that over the top balls are not as effective because keepers come out early, it leads to keepers being chipped easy enough as shown in this vid. Hopefully this is fixed for the full game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsK9EJ72yKA

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

It more than likely will be different. Nobody knows for sure, but I've played the last 3 demos before the full game and they were all different in good ways and bad ways to the demo.

Kirby above said over that over the top balls are not as effective because keepers come out early, it leads to keepers being chipped easy enough as shown in this vid. Hopefully this is fixed for the full game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsK9EJ72yKA

Those youtubers are a big reason why online is so annoying. They highlight any weak point in the game and then every player you come across uses it.

Looking at that video though that looks a huge problem if not fixed. It would almost be game breaking for online. I'll only be getting my first play of fifa this evening so ill see how much that lob shows up

Those youtubers are a big reason why online is so annoying. They highlight any weak point in the game and then every player you come across uses it.

Looking at that video though that looks a huge problem if not fixed. It would almost be game breaking for online. I'll only be getting my first play of fifa this evening so ill see how much that lob shows up

True, I think we all remember the kickoff glitch KSI made so big in Fifa 14

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Completely agree. Within the first couple hours of the demo, one of the big YouTubers uploaded a glitch tutorial in the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Those long shots dont go in. It's not a big problem. For example, you could set the AI on amatuer/beginner and spend the whole game just trying to score one and it might go in once. It's never going to happen in a real game and the honest youtubers not just clickbating with their titles have admitted as much. You wont score many goals from it.

The actual issue is that the keeper wont catch it. He tips it over the bar. Which means you get can get a free corner any time you want. Thats an issue.

Kirby wrote: »
    Those long shots dont go in. It's not a big problem. For example, you could set the AI on amatuer/beginner and spend the whole game just trying to score one and it might go in once. It's never going to happen in a real game and the honest youtubers not just clickbating with their titles have admitted as much. You wont score many goals from it.

The actual issue is that the keeper wont catch it. He tips it over the bar. Which means you get can get a free corner any time you want. Thats an issue.

I've scored a few times using square, the lobbed pass. I went a whole game just trying it and scored 3. It you have the space and they're coming out, it's just about the power

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Brazilian teams are back in the game this year. Is this it?
    Wouldn't call that an addition being honest as I only realised about 2 weeks ago they weren't in Fifa 15.

One thing that is pulling me towards Fifa is the authenticity of the Bundesliga in this years game. Just wish they had a few more BuLi stadia in their catalogue, although Borussia Park is a new addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

So they add the Brazilian teams but not the Brazilian league? Make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Well I assume the leagues added, not that sure. Not even gonna look it up because it's definately not the deciding factor as to whether or not I go for PES or Fifa this year!

• Advertisement

No, they said some Brazilian teams will be added to the Rest of World league thing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

They could easily throw them into a league and call it Brazilian League and put the ones they can't get a licence in with fake names and fake jerseys etc they did it before

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

It's starting to grow on me a bit. I like the way alot of shot from outside the box go well wide and passes go a stray etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

What's the story with the R1 + X(A)? Is it just a powerful pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

hots wrote: »

Been meaning to ask this myself the receiving player miscontrols it alot. R1 and triangle seems to be powerful too

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Been meaning to ask this myself the receiving player miscontrols it alot. R1 and triangle seems to be powerful too

It used to be a fancy pass/flick too, definitely seems to be a power/quickness modifier. Also had it put the ball in the air when used with a ground pass when I was messing around at the back... could be useful for quick 1-2s...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

"Driven ground pass" apparently.

They've oooshed the flair pass and flair shot over to the other triggers.

It used to be a fancy pass/flick too, definitely seems to be a power/quickness modifier. Also had it put the ball in the air when used with a ground pass when I was messing around at the back... could be useful for quick 1-2s...

Some tiki taka enthusiasts will be loving it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

I've found it quite useful to be honest. Never use it to pass to someone within a couple of meters but very handy as a quick long range ground pass

• Administrators Posts: 53,800 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Does anyone know how you hit a shot hard and low?

• Advertisement

First reviews flying in for PES 2016 and....... it's looking good.

Gamespot – 9/10
    Videogamer – “the greatest football game of all time”
    Games Radar – 4.5/5
    Ars Technica – “an instant classic”
    IGN Spain 8.5/10

Gamespot one is a good read; http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/pes-.../1900-6416240/

Speaking of ground passing..I've never found a real use for the R1 and square driven ball. When do you guys use it? Could be usefull for a driven ground cross but triple square does me fine for them

Speaking of ground passing..I've never found a real use for the R1 and square driven ball. When do you guys use it? Could be usefull for a driven ground cross but triple square does me fine for them

It looks nice :)

That's about the only use I ever got from it ha.

I use the R1 X from corners to drive it over to the free man on the edge of the box. Scored a couple times from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It's a good pass when you've found its strengths. I always use it to switch play because it's far less risky and the ball reaches the man quicker than if you played it through the air. It's also a great pass to play up to someone like Benteke or Llorente as they can hold it up with their strength.

I use it pinging from Lb to Rb and vice versa, it seems as though the driven ground pass will do that now though...

Yeah I think the driven pass can replace it. I'd like to learn more button combinations. I never knew about the swerve shot until FIFA15

Swerve shot is when you shoot, you flick left analog from one side to the other. I rarely use it though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

awec wrote: »
    Does anyone know how you hit a shot hard and low?

I'm 15 it was double tap shoot. Havent played 16 yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

The 10hour ea access trial is available on the 17th. Will be able to properly test the game then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

rottie 11 wrote: »
    The 10hour ea access trial is available on the 17th. Will be able to properly test the game then

From past experience, does anyone know what time it comes out? My guess is some time in the evening but hopefully it's midnight so I can start the download overnight. On another point, is there even a download? I went to play fifa 15 on ea access and it didn't download anything. It just started up the game!

Advertisement