Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

rottie 11 wrote: »
    The 10hour ea access trial is available on the 17th. Will be able to properly test the game then

What should I do to avail of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

alwald wrote: »

It's an xbox one exclusive. You need to sign up to EA access

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

alwald wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Sorry if this question sounds a bit "derpish" but: how does a game trial work on EA Access? Is it the full experience for 10 hours or are there going to be elements removed for the sake of the trial? e.g. modes/teams. And will achievements/trophies be obtainable?

In other words: Is it an even more glorified demo?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Sorry if this question sounds a bit "derpish" but: how does a game trial work on EA Access? Is it the full experience for 10 hours or are there going to be elements removed for the sake of the trial? e.g. modes/teams. And will achievements/trophies be obtainable?

In other words: Is it an even more glorified demo?

It's the full game in all its glory

• Advertisement

Colemania wrote: »
    It's the full game in all its glory

Nice. I'll have to ration out my sessions :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I remember not long ago when the EA Season Ticket was a thing, you'd get the full game trial a good few days early and you could play it as much as you wanted until the release date. Those were the days.

martyos121 wrote: »
    I remember not long ago when the EA Season Ticket was a thing, you'd get the full game trial a good few days early and you could play it as much as you wanted until the release date. Those were the days.

Yes that was the case pre XB1/PS4 as I made use of it myself.

There are advantages and disadvantages over that system.

I think it was e10 then for one game and it was strict in dates ie 16-20th

Now you pay e25 for a year and get 10 hours on EVERY EA release plus the games in full after 8months.
    You can also use the trial whenever you want, it's not going to expire like the old system once the game releases.

I suppose its also better this year in that its 10 now, it was 6 hours this time last year.

I like it though as you can ship the disc versions in May/June and get e30-40 and you get the game in the vault with a few quid back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Did anyone get onto the web app? Was released early today...someone has already packed 2 Ronaldo's. Price range is 410k - 3m or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Did anyone get onto the web app? Was released early today...someone has already packed 2 Ronaldo's. Price range is 410k - 3m or something like that.

Yes I got in earlier with no issues.

Best I got was James McCarthy and Zaha.

I got four packs and 500 coins ad daily gift.

• Advertisement

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Yes I got in earlier with no issues.

Best I got was James McCarthy and Zaha.

I got four packs and 500 coins ad daily gift.

I've got three accounts to go through :pac: might keep one later for the TOTW release

EDIT: best players I got were Eder and Trochowski. Got 4 packs with about 6 Brazilian players. 1.3k atm, 250 daily gift :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I got loads of **** players but I've got an OK starting team..I guess

Until I come up against the sad acts who bought coins on opening day

MarkY91 wrote: »
    I got loads of **** players but I've got an OK starting team..I guess

Until I come up against the sad acts who bought coins on opening day

I seen that actually on Twitter. Some coins sites already advertising FIFA 16 coins. Hope EA really clamps down on them... I've got a decent-ish BPL/Bronze English side

I seen that actually on Twitter. Some coins sites already advertising FIFA 16 coins. Hope EA really clamps down on them... I've got a decent-ish BPL/Bronze English side

My 8 year old cousin will be the first to buy some coins. The dodgy fecker :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Very surprised the transfer market is back in the webapp!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

To maximise my 10 hours of gameplay with ea access, I think I'll just do all my ultimate team trading on the Web app. I'll simply play games and nothing else for those 10 hours so no training or career mode!

• Administrators Posts: 53,800 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The thing with the 10 hours is to remember to always completely quit out of the game when you are not playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

awec wrote: »
    The thing with the 10 hours is to remember to always completely quit out of the game when you are not playing.

Yea got caught wit this on madden only played bout 30mins and left it went back next morning trail over

First TOTW released! Starting off big with Ronaldo. Also has Payet and Guarin with 90 physical!!!

this game is growing on me a good bit recently. took time to adjust to horrendous first touches and other little changes to my gameplay needed. couldnt create a chance in my first few days of it but now im dying for release day so i can play online.
    First TOTW released! Starting off big with Ronaldo. Also has Payet and Guarin with 90 physical!!!

how does one get TOTW ronaldo? by being jammy in pack openings? gold packs or special ones?

• Advertisement

how does one get TOTW ronaldo? by being jammy in pack openings? gold packs or special ones?

basically. reckon a few people have transferred a **** ton of FIFA points to try and get him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

yeah these black cards which are in the team of the week are rarer cards, with only slight upgrade in stats but a position change can make them very valuable

best i ever got in a pack was joe hart myself lol

i know its been asked but i cant find the pages with the topic but where is cheapest to get it in dublin? i would go the american store route but i want to use the pack bonuses on my irish account so thats that out of the window. hoping to get an UT version with weekly free packs..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

If you have anything better than 2 meg, just buy it through the digital store. It downloads straight away. 21 gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Its up. EA access is live. :)

Kirby wrote: »
    If you have anything better than 2 meg, just buy it through the digital store. It downloads straight away. 21 gigs.

Available for pre download? DL speeds ain't much of an issue.

May aswell go the digital route seeing as my FIFA15 copy can't even get a bid on adverts when it's up for a measly 15 euro. Digital it is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

If anybody's not fussed about having it early you could wait a week or two and you'd be near guaranteed to find one on adverts for 40-50€, managed to get 15 last year like 7-8 days after release for 52 I think.

I like having physical copies..especially this year with Henderson on the front cover. Liverpool fan :) gonna head into Argos on the day and buy it

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭EoinAFC

Although they haven't done it on next gen yet, Tesco used to sell the game ridiculously cheap on release day. I think I got FIFA 11 and 12 for 35 each.

• Advertisement

So now that I have this game via EA Access (trial), when I get the game on release day, will I not have to worry about waiting on any further installation or downloads? (minus a possible day-one patch)

Advertisement