Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,159 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

martyos121 wrote: »
    I thought I was the only Liverpool fan who felt like this. It drives me insane every time I play at Anfield. It couldn't be that hard, could it? It's a fcuking coin toss!

Well considering the had that feature in the 1st games back in the 90's it should not be that hard

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The-New-Fifa-2016-cover.jpg

gif-4.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Andy_rse wrote: »
    A feature I'd like to see and don't understand why they don't already do it is the coin toss at the start of the match. So that for example borderline ocd Liverpool fans such as myself can win the toss and attack the Kop in the second half.

It's a feature they have in Madden (or at least they had the last time I played a few years ago)

Oh, and Fifa Street should be an in game mode!!

Think they took that out because 99.99% of people thought it was the biggest waste of time imaginable. :P

Agree with you on FIFA street though, even without the different game mechanics. Just let me play 3v3 or 5v5 with small goals on a court, and allow me to pick from the full squads or possibly even do a fantasy draft type thing. That would sell copies on it's own, unlike Women's football, which while I understand and agree with why they've done it, they've been working on it for years instead of doing things that their existing player base actually wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

womens football, literally adding pixalated tits and some long hair.

here take my 60e please:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Hey Mikeyt086 will you be getting a chance to get an early look at the game again this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

There should be classic teams in fifa..not EA and adidas ones.

80s liverpool
    Invincibles arsenal
    Peps barca
    '99 man utd

To name a few. My brothers and i would love this. A couple of the same club from their best era's like.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

MarkY91 wrote: »

80s liverpool
    Invincibles arsenal
    Peps barca
    '99 man utd

To name a few. My brothers and i would love this. A couple of the same club from their best era's like.

I would gladly shell out extra for the game if the Irish Italia 90 team was in it.

Id love a mode even if it was only offline where you can pick your own dream team and play against a friend, maybe do it with a draft system even. I think that would be brilliant fun, could even add a few legends into it because they have to have the models and stats done for the legends anyway for the Xbox version of UT. Keeping it offline would mean it wouldn't affect UT either.

Really like the idea of classic teams as well. I think it would be a far better game if EA focused on this instead of adding the nobody leagues like they have been the last few years but obviously that's designed to increase sales in those countries.

Also I said it last year but surely managers should be in the game at this stage even if it was only for the top leagues. Can't be that difficult to add 80 or so managers.

I always for that

eg milan in 1989
    man utd 00
    rangers 96
    etc

think they cant do it as players no longer fifa members or something?

I dont know

Id love a mode even if it was only offline where you can pick your own dream team and play against a friend, maybe do it with a draft system even. I think that would be brilliant fun, could even add a few legends into it because they have to have the models and stats done for the legends anyway for the Xbox version of UT. Keeping it offline would mean it wouldn't affect UT either.

Really like the idea of classic teams as well. I think it would be a far better game if EA focused on this instead of adding the nobody leagues like they have been the last few years but obviously that's designed to increase sales in those countries.

Also I said it last year but surely managers should be in the game at this stage even if it was only for the top leagues. Can't be that difficult to add 80 or so managers.

Real managers is a very tricky one. It's very complicated to implement for two reasons.
    1. They could license Premier League managers, but nearly every other country's managers are not members of a union like the LMA, so they would have to be licensed individually which is an absolute nightmare, even for EA.
    2. Managers are constantly changing clubs, and if a manager is licensed in the game, it's a very tricky process to re-license them for another team if they are sacked.

It's all legal barriers blocking this feature tbh. Its one I'd love to see too though.

• Advertisement

Exactly!!

I forgot to mention the dream team. I was gonna make a new ps account and do a draft with my brother for our dream teams but we forgot.

Why no lounge mode return ffs?

It is easy to see that fifa for me is mostly a fierce sofa rival with my brothers :L

Real managers is a very tricky one. It's very complicated to implement for two reasons.
    1. They could license Premier League managers, but nearly every other country's managers are not members of a union like the LMA, so they would have to be licensed individually which is an absolute nightmare, even for EA.
    2. Managers are constantly changing clubs, and if a manager is licensed in the game, it's a very tricky process to re-license them for another team if they are sacked.

It's all legal barriers blocking this feature tbh. Its one I'd love to see too though.

Seeeing as a manager is 1 person and not a whole team, could they just ask all managers and add the ones who gave permission without licensing?

Imagine seeing jose running down the sideline after you score a last minute winner haha

Ah right well Id be happy with full england and then top 4 or 5 in the other big countries. As for them moving club just do the same as they do with players. An update around february would be enough.

They must have some agreement of some sort with managers anyway because a lot of them feature in UT cards with their club crests beside them

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I'd love the 96 Newcastle team with Shearer/Ferdinand/Ginola all at their peak.
    They'll do it in a legends though and lock it out to about 99.99% of their user base.
    I can see the appeal of legends but I hate the fact that most of us will never get to use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Oat23 wrote: »
    I so hope PES 2016 can load option files on PS4 so I can forget about buying FIFA.

You can. Saw a video about it recently.

Knex. wrote: »

Just read about that, great news! I'll probably get FIFA as usual but this means I'm definitely getting PES too, best feature they could've put back in tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,267 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I believe the only thing confirmed so far is image importing. I am yet to see anything about proper option files though.

Checked the TL of Glen PESW on twitter and found some stuff on option files.
    https://twitter.com/glen_pesworld/status/613774786062368768
    https://twitter.com/glen_pesworld/status/619153905050644480

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

This is the video I had watched. Near the end of the video its mentioned, so yeah, a little vague alright.

Edit: I'll try and find exactly where it was mentioned, as wasn't able to spot it when I skipped through the last few mins there.

6 min mark. Specifically 6:45 where they say you can load images and set whatever kits or emblems you want, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,267 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

This is the video I had watched. Near the end of the video its mentioned, so yeah, a little vague alright.

Edit: I'll try and find exactly where it was mentioned, as wasn't able to spot it when I skipped through the last few mins there.

6 min mark. Specifically 6:45 where they say you can load images and set whatever kits or emblems you want, etc.

Kits and logos are nice, but it's not a day one purchase for me unless I can add in other leagues.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Will probably just stick to Fifa as usual but if they do add it then that will probably make me pick up Pes aswell which would be a big leap since I havent bought one since pes 6!

• Advertisement

PES looks visually great and all but after a few games of it, you're missing the fifa engine. I think PES is boring. My 2 cents anyway.

I used to prefare PES over fifa back in the ps3 years for a few years. Think it was pro evo 5?

well I like fifa and always get my moneys worth

buy it on release day and play it up until the next one comes out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

It'll be interesting to see how they rate the women's teams. Like if they rate them honestly then they'll be the 12 worst teams on the game by a decent margin. I saw this topic discussed a bit after the world cup recently and the general consensus was that due to the huge difference in size, strength and speed that professional female footballers wouldn't fit in anywhere in the male professional game.

To be honest I don't even own a games console so the only time I really play Fifa is an odd game at a friends house or whatever so I can't comment on the career mode and ultimate team etc. But I thought this Fifa wasn't much of an update on the last 2 or 3 of them. It's still a great game but I think I'd find it hard to justify buying Fifa 15 if I already had 13 or 14. So I think they'll need to do something a bit more radical this time.

lots of new possibilities with the womens teams after thinking about it

have a sandbox add on where they go shopping, get their nails done, date some of the male footballers, affairs, marriages, photo shoots, babies etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

It'll be interesting to see how they rate the women's teams. Like if they rate them honestly then they'll be the 12 worst teams on the game by a decent margin. I saw this topic discussed a bit after the world cup recently and the general consensus was that due to the huge difference in size, strength and speed that professional female footballers wouldn't fit in anywhere in the male professional game.

To be honest I don't even own a games console so the only time I really play Fifa is an odd game at a friends house or whatever so I can't comment on the career mode and ultimate team etc. But I thought this Fifa wasn't much of an update on the last 2 or 3 of them. It's still a great game but I think I'd find it hard to justify buying Fifa 15 if I already had 13 or 14. So I think they'll need to do something a bit more radical this time.

No it's been confirmed they'll be rated on their own accord so to speak. Ie the best women will be high 80s etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

lots of new possibilities with the womens teams after thinking about it

have a sandbox add on where they go shopping, get their nails done, date some of the male footballers, affairs, marriages, photo shoots, babies etc

You don't happen to run the English FA's twitter account by any chance?
    stephenl15 wrote: »
    No it's been confirmed they'll be rated on their own accord so to speak. Ie the best women will be high 80s etc.

Think they did confirm that you wouldn't be able to play the women's teams against the men's so I guess there is no reason they couldn't be ranked on a separate scale.

Imagine the whining that will go off when some people see female players rated as highly as Messi/Ronaldo/Suarez etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 374 ✭✭Jjiipp79

I have not got FIFA for the last two years now. I was wondering is the career mode much improved?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Jjiipp79 wrote: »
    I have not got FIFA for the last two years now. I was wondering is the career mode much improved?

no it really hasn't. 15 was much the same as 14 too, very little improvements

fut is the cash cow, career mode mode isn't their priority

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 374 ✭✭Jjiipp79

no it really hasn't. 15 was much the same as 14 too, very little improvements

fut is the cash cow, career mode mode isn't their priority

Pity, can't stand that FUT, I like career mode. Pes for me again

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,799 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

MarkY91 wrote: »

80s liverpool
    Invincibles arsenal
    Peps barca
    '99 man utd

The problem with this is they have to add a load of players to the database. The existing ones they just re-group the players into a new team and design a kit (minimal work).

I'd love it too.

Advertisement