Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Guys, how do you buy it off the US psn store? finished work at 1pm and off on Wednesday so wouldn't mind buying it off the US PSN store when I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

First review in from from IGN

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/09/22/fifa-soccer-16-review

7.8/10

(FIFA 15 was given an 8.3)

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Wolfgang Megahertz

Guys, how do you buy it off the US psn store? finished work at 1pm and off on Wednesday so wouldn't mind buying it off the US PSN store when I get home.

http://www.nowgamer.com/ps4-how-to-buy-us-digital-psn-games/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Some guy posted a link to a site called off games.com I think?

Their cards were on promo so they were like 2 euro cheaper than normal. Including their process fees fifa cost my brother and I 53 euro each. You need an American psn account. .you must AFAIK have an American zip code..use the white house or any other place in America you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Reviews are positive enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Cant wait for thursday now, going to give FUT a crack this year having never bothered before. Is it a good idea to buy some coins when starting up just to get you going or better to just use your winnings?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Cant wait for thursday now, going to give FUT a crack this year having never bothered before. Is it a good idea to buy some coins when starting up just to get you going or better to just use your winnings?

I lost interest when I did 1 year, the challenge of FUT (for me) is building up the coins to get a decent team together...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Agreed, it stopped being fun when I started buying coins. It also ruins the market for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

martyos121 wrote: »
    Agreed, it stopped being fun when I started buying coins. It also ruins the market for others.

Thats a fair point also, hope I enjoy it, usualy just a online leagues man so hoping for something more from Fifa this year

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »

Yeah I don't have a problem at all with people buying PSN/XB points (your money not mine) but buying from resellers is annoying as it makes EA clamp down on things like the webapp and also harms the trading element too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Thats a fair point also, hope I enjoy it, usualy just a online leagues man so hoping for something more from Fifa this year

Pro clubs is unreal if you have a good crowd playing, you should give that a look too, there's usually a boards club every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

I might Pick this up even though I'm loving pes.any idea when the games collection re stock ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Is it true that I can't use fifa points on my irish account if I bought the US version?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

IGN review says gameplay is better in PES this year. I've been playing fifa for the last 5 years but might have to check PES out this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Fakman87 wrote: »
    IGN review says gameplay is better in PES this year. I've been playing fifa for the last 5 years but might have to check PES out this year.

I switched over after about 5 years myself too, minor complaints aside, I'm loving it!

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Some guy posted a link to a site called off games.com I think?

Their cards were on promo so they were like 2 euro cheaper than normal. Including their process fees fifa cost my brother and I 53 euro each. You need an American psn account. .you must AFAIK have an American zip code..use the white house or any other place in America you know.

Some guy.....? :P

I think you need to use a state with no sales tax to save a few quid that way too? A quick Google will tell you which states. Basically, pick the address of a restaurant or convince store or something in Delaware and you're good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,377 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Are GS selling this now? I saw prices on all the boxes for the game today.

I ain't paying 75 euro for current gen!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Anyone noticing on the dynamic camera, at kickoff, it takes a few seconds for the camera to get going? Kick off and pass it back, and suddenly the ball is off screen for the next few seconds :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭Ardent

Fakman87 wrote: »

I think the IGN reviews are laughable. 9.5 for PES and 7.8 for FIFA. Same reviewer for both, and clearly a PES fanboy or in receipt of a fat wad from Konami.

I just played both today and FIFA is still far superior. PES does some things well but major gripes are the players literally skating around the pitch and passing randomly going astray. Not to mention the greatest hits: inferior graphics, laughable players likenesses and lack of official kits and team names.

The IGN guy nit-picks about things in FIFA like referee-spray-can animations (which you can bypass by pressing X???) and Alan McInally in-game commentary. Really?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Ardent wrote: »
    I think the IGN reviews are laughable. 9.5 for PES and 7.8 for FIFA. Same reviewer for both, and clearly a PES fanboy or in receipt of a fat wad from Konami.

I just played both today and FIFA is still far superior. PES does some things well but major gripes are the players literally skating around the pitch and passing randomly going astray. Not to mention the greatest hits: inferior graphics, laughable players likenesses and lack of official kits and team names.

The IGN guy nit-picks about things in FIFA like referee-spray-can animations (which you can bypass by pressing X???) and Alan McInally in-game commentary. Really?!

In fairness he gives out about the PES commentary too. FIFA is going to be everyone's go to game for online gameplay. Overall, gameplay on PES is far better though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

Think you might be overcome by fanboyism , I have both games and to say fifa is far superior seems very clouded to be honest. Fifa has made very little improvement in this series and I have playing fifa for years.

Pes has got some parts of the game very right and some aspects wrong. Fifa look like they have added a spray feature, new kits and the transfers. It feels almost entirely the same game as 15 which is very disappointing to be fair.

Cant say i have noticed players skating on Pes 16 at all and passing going astray are you using manual mode? Players likeness aren't that great with some players on pes however fifa isn't much better Memphis Depay for eg is brutal in Fifa and Darmian.

RVN10 wrote: »
    Think you might be overcome by fanboyism , I have both games and to say fifa is far superior seems very clouded to be honest. Fifa has made very little improvement in this series and I have playing fifa for years.

Pes has got some parts of the game very right and some aspects wrong. Fifa look like they have added a spray feature, new kits and the transfers. It feels almost entirely the same game as 15 which is very disappointing to be fair.

Cant say i have noticed players skating on Pes 16 at all and passing going astray are you using manual mode? Players likeness aren't that great with some players on pes however fifa isn't much better Memphis Depay for eg is brutal in Fifa and Darmian.

I think people are a bit clouded by the whole improvement thing... at the end of the day it doesn't matter which one improved, only how good they are now. Fifa was so far ahead for so long it's hardly had to improve or change at all. Hopefully with them both neck and neck now they'll both kick on and not both languish...

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

Anyone on now?

Burkie7-MUFC for some co op seasons if your up for it.

• Administrators Posts: 53,800 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

7.8 for FIFA sounds about right. There are so many good things about FIFA but there is also so much absolute crap in this game.

The same issues year after year. Found it notable that IGN specifically called out player switch as being broken, that has frustrated me now for at least three FIFAs in a row and it's still muck.

Never really had an issue with player switching.

What is bugging me though, is the fog! I play on co-op camera and with fog it's not really possible. If the play is at the far touchline, it's quite tricky to tell what's happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Does Ireland get the UK cover? Jordan Henderson's gormless face annoys me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Plus 1 on the fog. Driving me mad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Getting seriously pissed off with the game already, can't defend for ****e and the pace system is a joke, I can't outrun anyone even Bolasie got upheld for Pace by schneiderlin in my last game! Yet everyone else seems to be out sprinting my teams!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Same old problem, even the worst keepers in the game make wonder saves.

Advertisement