Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 16

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,800 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The defending AI can be frustrating at times. Players have no idea how to position themselves, they don't track their runners and they stand still a lot. If you play the ball down the channel in behind the defence they are all completely at sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

Anyone know if there's a handy way to pick this up earlier for PC without paying the full origin price? I've read some posts on reddit saying they ordered from the Mexican origin store, anyone here do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Brian2011

Hi,

Does anyone know if any of the shops like xtra-vision, smyths and gamestop will be opening late tonight or early tomorrow morning?

Smyths is cheapest but no click and collect option, only delivery, €80 in xtra-vision and €75 in gamestop which at least has collect in store option. All very expensive anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Brian2011 wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone know if any of the shops like xtra-vision, smyths and gamestop will be opening late tonight or early tomorrow morning?

Smyths is cheapest but no click and collect option, only delivery, €80 in xtra-vision and €75 in gamestop which at least has collect in store option. All very expensive anyway.

Some HMV and xtra vision stores are opening at midnight tonight, some opening early at 8 tomorrow.

http://blog.hmv.ie/2015/uncategorized/hmv-xtra-vision-to-host-fifa-16-midnight-openings-in-over-70-stores/721/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Hi,

Seen HMV tweeting that their doing midnight launches tonight in 70 stores, Im sure GS done it in Dublin and Cork last year so will more than likely do it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Anyone know if there's a handy way to pick this up earlier for PC without paying the full origin price? I've read some posts on reddit saying they ordered from the Mexican origin store, anyone here do that?

I used the Mexican store for fifa 15, works perfectly. You need a VPN, its not too much hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

Got my PC version here. Code redeemed and ready now. €36.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

So now that I have this game via EA Access (trial), when I get the game on release day, will I not have to worry about waiting on any further installation or downloads? (minus a possible day-one patch)

Exactly. I did the same for Madden, and all I had to do was press buy after the trial, and I was able to play it away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

The two big differences I've noticed so far are;

1) Pace isn't even nearly as important. They've made a huge effort to limit the impact of fast players. You could be ahead of the last defender with Ronaldo but there'd still be a chance that the defender could catch up and muscle his way in. You have to attack smarter than just trying to run straight through in behind. I think this is a vast improvement but the out and out pace abusers ain't gonna be happy.

2) You have to be more precise with your passing. In 15, you could just press X and point in the general direction of one of your players and more often than not, it'd find it's way to him. If you simply do that it this, you'll give the ball away for fun. Your player must be correctly set to play reliable passes in this. The accuracy of first time passes when your player is off balance has decreased dramatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Wolfgang Megahertz

Blatter wrote: »
    The accuracy of first time passes when your player is off balance has decreased dramatically.

This.

• Advertisement

Hi,

Get it off the US PSN store! 70 - 80 quid is an awful price. It's 54 there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

I just can't get with the passing in this game. I'm desperate...

It didn't seem like this in the demo.

I didn't think I was a poor player - got to div 2 in seasons and div 1 UT, mostly with 85% -90% pass completion rate, but I am totally imcompetent at this game.

Anyone else had a similar experience?

daRobot wrote: »

I didn't think I was a poor player - got to div 2 in seasons and div 1 UT, mostly with 85% -90% pass completion rate, but I am totally imcompetent at this game.

You and me both.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

daRobot wrote: »

It's not even the passing, it's the 'Interception intelligence' they have said that's in the game. A simple 10 yard pass to your strikers feet is so simply intercepted by the defender who starts off behind him and runs around and gets the ball easily. Even if after you pass you begin to come towards the ball the defender still has the upper hand.

Bull***t penalties are still in the game where stronger players brush off weaker players and give away a penalty. Happened twice in my last game.

It just feels so broken, even after I've played 10 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

double GG wrote: »
    It's not even the passing, it's the 'Interception intelligence' they have said that's in the game. A simple 10 yard pass to your strikers feet is so simply intercepted by the defender who starts off behind him and runs around and gets the ball easily. Even if after you pass you begin to come towards the ball the defender still has the upper hand.

Bull***t penalties are still in the game where stronger players brush off weaker players and give away a penalty. Happened twice in my last game.

It just feels so broken, even after I've played 10 games.

Isn't that what a defender would do in real life, therefore making the game more realistic ?

If you want a ball to go direct into your striker's feet, I'd use the R1 driven pass to get it to him quick

• Administrators Posts: 53,800 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I am getting frustrated at how often the balls rolls underneath a players foot or literally right past them and they'll do nothing to stop it. It's like the game has predetermined who should touch the ball next and nobody else is able to touch it.

Also, anyone noticed how if you try hit a high ball as it drops with square / X to clear it that almost every time it will be scuffed?

Or how an abnormal amount of defensive headers will skew off a players head out for a corner, even if it's a totally free header that you line up perfectly?

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

Ordered and received my CD key from G2play straight away.

Does anybody know if it's being released at midnight or what for PC? Pre-loading it on Origin currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Ordered and received my CD key from G2play straight away.

Does anybody know if it's being released at midnight or what for PC? Pre-loading it on Origin currently.

serious i ordered my one last night nothing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

Nolars wrote: »
    serious i ordered my one last night nothing yet.
    Arrived within two minutes of ordering. Maybe you ordered a different one to me. I got the bog standard, €39.99 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Arrived within two minutes of ordering. Maybe you ordered a different one to me. I got the bog standard, €39.99 version.

same ill send em in a support ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Anyone having trouble reading emails in career mode? Who the fcuk thought light black writing would go well on a blue background, have to squint every time I read them.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭matthew the statue

Don't like how people are complaining about the passing its finally releastic for once, most people for years just pressed X/A in a general direction and the pass got to there player, now at least you have to aim it well. And for the pace its a good thing its impact has been reduced the same people complaining about there winger being caught are the same people that would complain about pacey defenders all ways catching everyone easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

More realistic, less fun.

I'm liking the game but it's just not so fun when players can control the ball and passes go wayward for no reason often.

I hate when u pass the ball to someone and the ball will bounce up into the air almost head height

• Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

J. Marston wrote: »
    Does Ireland get the UK cover? Jordan Henderson's gormless face annoys me.

League of Ireland, some Premier League teams and La logs package art downloadable covers if you don't like him...

https://www.easports.com/uk/fifa/club-packs/league-of-ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

when is it in the shops for sale?

when is it in the shops for sale?

tomorrow, midnight release in some places tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

thanks

any reason why thursday, it used to always be on a friday it was released?

thanks

any reason why thursday, it used to always be on a friday it was released?

to tie in closer to the us release on tuesday

the only reason i can imagine they stagnate the releases is if everyone came online at once it would crash the servers

still might crash this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭matthew the statue

You will get used to it eventually, its for the better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Lads did any of you get this in supervalu and if so which one?

Advertisement