Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Ca anyone confirm or deny if I can buy fifa points with an American digital copy on my irish account?

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vicadd

Fakman87 wrote: »
    Lads did any of you get this in supervalu and if so which one?

Arran Quay, Dublin PS4 50.24, supposed to be 49.99, but wrong price in tills. Happy to pay the extra . 25 cent!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 89 ✭✭MJI

Where is the best place to pick this up today. without getting done for 70 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Looking on the website and FIFA 16 PS4 doesn't have a price in Argos?? Anyone confirm its in stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Looking on the website and FIFA 16 PS4 doesn't have a price in Argos?? Anyone confirm its in stock?
    The deluxe edition is €85 on there

• Advertisement

ERG89 wrote: »

Looking for the regular :P when I click on it, it leads to an error page. The PS3 version has the same price as XB1, so could be just a mistake?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Just rang supervalu in coolock and the guy said it is 75 for ps4. Hoping he is mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Looking for the regular :P when I click on it, it leads to an error page. The PS3 version has the same price as XB1, so could be just a mistake?
    Can't link it on my phone....but I'm in the same boat looking for just a regular edition at a sane price.
    Says 70 on the Smyths website ugh...

ERG89 wrote: »
    Can't link it on my phone....but I'm in the same boat looking for just a regular edition at a sane price

Yeah, gonna head in around 3PM and see.

Anyone in Cork tried the Super Value in Merchant's Quay?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Fakman87 wrote: »
    Just rang supervalu in coolock and the guy said it is 75 for ps4. Hoping he is mistaken.

it's listed as €74.99 but If you have rewards card you get if for the lower prices (New customers can just sign up for the rewards card to avail of offer as stated on poster below)

sAqZMH3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I just got FIFA 16 for €33.50 for PS4 in my local Supervalu!

When the girl put it through, an extra €16.50 discount was applied because I have a rewards card. That has to be a pricing error. I'd imagine the €16.50 should be coming off the original price, not the €49.99. My receipt just says "RR Discount Redeemed 33% of FIFA 16 - €16.50".

A friend of mine is gone down from work here to see if the same offer goes through for him now.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Brian2011

Lemlin wrote: »
    I just got FIFA 16 for €33.50 for PS4 in my local Supervalu!

When the girl put it through, an extra €16.50 discount was applied because I have a rewards card. That has to be a pricing error. I'd imagine the €16.50 should be coming off the original price, not the €49.99. My receipt just says "RR Discount Redeemed 33% of FIFA 16 - €16.50".

A friend of mine is gone down from work here to see if the same offer goes through for him now.

Nice one, probably picked up the cheapest copy in Ireland and you'll get it back when you sell on.

I expect them to be sold out almost everywhere by close of business today.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭j14

Picked up my copy in Supervalu in Lucan this morning at 8am. They were scanning at €25 at the till due to a price error but they copped on straight away. The price was €49.99 on Xbox One.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Got FIFA 16 myself for €33 in Rosslare Harbour. Same thing she scanned it and it came up as €49.99 and I gave her my rewards card expecting to get just my receipt back and instead she gave me €16 odd quid back.
    Happy days .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Ca anyone confirm or deny if I can buy fifa points with an American digital copy on my irish account?

Anyone? Don't want go try it and waste money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Anyone else preorder this and collect in Smyths? Only noticed when I got back to work that I got no preorder bonus and theres nothing in the box (which I have now opened). Was only 15 gold packs over 15 weeks so nothing critical I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Wolfgang Megahertz

I believe it was said earlier in this thread that you can. I don't play UT myself so can't confirm. I'm sure it was said not to be a problem. Just do a look over the last few days of posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

You can't.

If you buy it with an American account, and you sign in and start the game with an Irish account, when you try to go to the Store to buy points, it will tell you there is no content available. I had that experience last year.

If you buy the American version, you have to buy points with your American account. There is no option to move points between accounts.

All DLC for PS4 games are region specific, but the games are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 EM7

Since FIFA points are now available through the PS Store is there any workaround that way?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

EM7 wrote: »
    Since FIFA points are now available through the PS Store is there any workaround that way?

I'm open to correction, but it should make no difference.

Other games have DLC that is available through the store (rather than solely in-game). I've had the problem with FIFA as described above, and with other games like Batman.

The DLC has to match the region of the game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

v3ttel wrote: »
    You can't.

If you buy it with an American account, and you sign in and start the game with an Irish account, when you try to go to the Store to buy points, it will tell you there is no content available. I had that experience last year.

If you buy the American version, you have to buy points with your American account. There is no option to move points between accounts.

All DLC for PS4 games are region specific, but the games are not.

This is what I said the other day also and is how I believe it still is, havent tried buying points. DLC is definitely region specific and the fifa points are considered DLC, packs arent and you can buy packs within the game spending your coins still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Fifa points can now be bought through the psn store now though. I did it last year and got the points and I got fifa last year through the us store

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

Haven't tried buying fifa points as now solely using my US account. I couldn't find a way to buy the points through my Irish account with Fifa 15. One thing to also note if going the US route, all your free packs etc. are for the US account.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Brian2011

I didn't even know Supervalu sold games, damn it! I paid €70 in Smyths for a copy today. Was it only €50 there?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Brian2011 wrote: »
    I didn't even know Supervalu sold games, damn it! I paid €70 in Smyths for a copy today. Was it only €50 there?

Only when a big realease comes out. They've been doing it for a few years now and are always much cheaper than the regular places.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Axwell wrote: »
    This is what I said the other day also and is how I believe it still is, havent tried buying points. DLC is definitely region specific and the fifa points are considered DLC, packs arent and you can buy packs within the game spending your coins still.

I did it last year and it worked buying the points through the store. I did it twice. The first time worked fine. The second time I didn't get them but ea added them after 24 hours as they could I did purchase them

• Registered Users Posts: 7 EM7

I did it last year and it worked buying the points through the store. I did it twice. The first time worked fine. The second time I didn't get them but ea added them after 24 hours as they could I did purchase them

Did you buy the points through the US PS store or the Irish one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Has anyone else had any luck with the amazing price in supervalu? Just rang my local one and she has one held for me .Will I chance my arm or not to sign up for the awards mallark??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

EM7 wrote: »
    Did you buy the points through the US PS store or the Irish one?

Irish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Has anyone else had any luck with the amazing price in supervalu? Just rang my local one and she has one held for me .Will I chance my arm or not to sign up for the awards mallark??

I got one for €49.99 in SV in the hypermarket, Waterford. They had 8 left at lunch time on PS4. i had to sign up to the rewards club to avail of the price (it's free and took less than 1 minute).

Advertisement