Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

brady12 wrote: »
    Feic sake what's delay with dispatching it if I ordered it yesterday eve

i seen on twitter that they ran out of pre order stock, so that could have been the hold up

if it hasn't been dispatched yet you could cancel it and get it a regular shop if you want it for the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Knex. wrote: »
    People's thoughts thus far on the game?

I haven't really enjoyed a FIFA since FIFA 13, but am interested in perhaps picking this one up for some online play if the feedback is good.

I really like PES this year, but the input delay on line kinda rules online play out for me.

I love Fifa this year, passing is much more realistic and the game is paced much better IMO, only gripe really so far is giving away loads of penalties for absolutely nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

i seen on twitter that they ran out of pre order stock, so that could have been the hold up

if it hasn't been dispatched yet you could cancel it and get it a regular shop if you want it for the weekend

They got stock back in though because I couldn't order when it out of stock

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I haven't really enjoyed a FIFA since FIFA 13, but am interested in perhaps picking this one up for some online play if the feedback is good.

I really like PES this year, but the input delay on line kinda rules online play out for me.

I have both Knex.

PES for offline atm

FIFA for online

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Fifa for online for sure. Much better than last year, pace aspect has been seriously reduced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I have both Knex.

PES for offline atm

FIFA for online

PES for offline albeit with outdated squads for another 5 weeks. Pretty appalling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I'm finding it very good. The graphics have improved and the gameplay is far more balanced. You have to take care with your passing and chose how you attack wisely rather than just mindlessly pass and lob through balls over the top.

I'm noticing the variety of teams I play on seasons has vastly improved also. I was PSG for a few games last night and got Bayern, Atletico, Dortmund, United, City and Juventus.

I've never been big on Ultimate team but I played the draft mode last night and really enjoyed it. You pick a formation and have to choose a player for every position. You get a choice of five players for every position (including the bench and reserves) so you'll end up with a lot of scope with regards how you want to shape your team.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭EoinAFC

Best Ultimate team to start with? has to be cheap

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Theres a whole thread to Ultimate Team, try looking there.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Anybody want an online friendly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭EoinAFC

Biggest pain on the new game is the goalkeepers. When you bring them from their goal they just freeze, leaves an easy goal for a striker. Thought they'd fix it from the demo but they didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

The only speed difference I'm noticing is the oppositions passing, played Aston Villa yesterday in CM and for the first 30 mins of the game it was like watching Barca being fast forwarded, I couldn't get anywhere near the ball every pass was pin point to their players feet, even if the player with the ball done a full 180 turn and passed it straight away. Quite frustrating.

Also hate that no touch dribbling, what a waste of a button.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Considering iv missed out on the supervalue offer sure games collection cheapest place get it from ? Shops charging 80 quid Is mad

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Fifa playing the AI is definitely the hardest it's ever been. It's alot more realistic though but pretty hard.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Fifa playing the AI is definitely the hardest it's ever been. It's alot more realistic though but pretty hard.

How?

Wouldnt call playing as a PL team and trying to get the ball off of Portsmouth for 20 mins while they stroke the ball around like Barcelona realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

MY Virtual Pro reset. Was 88 CAM .. now an 81 :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I played the demo but usually I don't find that it's a good indication if the game is good as the computer is dull playing against.

Had my first 7 online games tonight and I think it's one of my favorite fifa games in years. Last year drove me insane with the dribble speed merchants. I only conceded about 4 goals in those 7 games so defending has vastly improved. I find myself playing more possession football, looking and waiting for the right pass.

Good stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Anybody want an online friendly?

What platform are you on?

I'm on PS4. RichieMUFC99 is my PSN if anyone wants some online friendlies or some friendlies in FUT.

Markcahill1985 on ps4 if anyone wants few friendlies at some stage

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

MarkLogan-91 on PS4 if anyone wants to add me.

I don't ONLY pick barca and Madrid. Promise :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

lads wheres the cheapest place to get this wouldnt mind picking it up. In around North side Dublin ?

How?

Wouldnt call playing as a PL team and trying to get the ball off of Portsmouth for 20 mins while they stroke the ball around like Barcelona realistic.
    I haven't really found that a huge issue. I play at legendary & find high pressure works well to get possession. Defences are very tight though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

14murphy wrote: »
    lads wheres the cheapest place to get this wouldnt mind picking it up. In around North side Dublin ?

SuperValu probably sold out by now, so my guess is Argos, I think. I got it from them for €64.

Some tips for playing the AI.

- Build up the play. Just playing it forward won't work. Need to move around the AI to find space in midfield.
    - RB a(x PS4)pass works well playing risky passes through the lines.
    - Overlapping full backs works well.
    - Take shots very early inside 20 yards or they will get blocked.
    - Try and change your controller player very quickly to put AI under pressure.
    - Only take on defenders with exceptional dribblers. 87+.
    - Try different crosses. Double tap whipped medium height. Triple tap whipped very low cross.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Some tips for playing the AI.

- Build up the play. Just playing it forward won't work. Need to move around the AI to find space in midfield.
    - RB a(x PS4)pass works well playing risky passes through the lines.
    - Overlapping full backs works well.
    - Take shots very early inside 20 yards or they will get blocked.
    - Try and change your controller player very quickly to put AI under pressure.
    - Only take on defenders with exceptional dribblers. 87+.
    - Try different crosses. Double tap whipped medium height. Triple tap whipped very low cross.

How do u do a whipped cross

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭tyrion1234

How do u do a whipped cross

Double tap square for a whipped cross, triple tap for a low whipped cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Added you all there. I'll probably be around after the United match.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 RIFF87

Anyone else finding it annoyingly easy to just run thru teams in Career Mode? I have Depay and Candreva and even on world class difficulty defenders make so many mistakes it's easy to just past to them anywhere on the pitch and dribble in for a shot on goal.

I'm not bragging or anything ,and I don't want to go up a difficulty level because I'm finding the passing and defending games nicely challenging on world class

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

If buying a second hand copy, do I need to buy an online code if it's been played online already?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

vidor wrote: »
    If buying a second hand copy, do I need to buy an online code if it's been played online already?

Nope, they done away with that craic.

Advertisement