Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,657 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Two small issues (if you can even call them that)

1) Keepers are getting their hands to every corner - For and against me. Now every time my opponent has a corner I just hold Triangle because I know they'll get it.

2) Penalties awarded constantly for just showing strength in the box - Again, for an against me so it balances out. It would rather it just be tidied up a little though.

I'm enjoying the game but PES is slightly better. Ultimate Team draft is a lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

callaway92 wrote: »

1) Keepers are getting their hands to every corner - For and against me. Now every time my opponent has a corner I just hold Triangle because I know they'll get it.

This is interesting, are you sure its every time? I dont want to curse you when Im 1-0 up in the last minute :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 martothesmell

facr

• Registered Users Posts: 2 martothesmell

fact man

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I'm aiming the ball out to the edge of the box . Too far for a keeper to come . Scored a few headers that way .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Nokir

Nokir wrote: »
    Anyone else having an issue saving controller settings? I keep having to change it in game every single game.

Still can't figure this out. No matter what I do it just changes back to what it was originally. If it helps, the controller is lit blue before loading up the game, then changes to red. In the controller settings menu, the visual of the controller is blue - not sure if this makes any difference but thought I'd mention it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Crossing is weird too, it's hard to put in an accurate cross.

Has anyone noticed if you tap triangle or y to do a threw ball it sometimes does a lofted threw ball ???

• Registered Users Posts: 34 shane lad

Ea servers are crap. I'm raging so much right now. 80 minute in the quarter final of the online fut draft, winning 3-0! And I 'lose connection to the ea servers' even though I am able to sign in again straight away!

• Administrators Posts: 53,800 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

J. Marston wrote: »
    I wish they'd show the fouls for penalties in the highlights because I'm convinced most of them are bullshít.

Free kicks too. You can win the ball in a perfect tackle and the ref will give a free kick.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,657 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

shane lad wrote: »
    Ea servers are crap. I'm raging so much right now. 80 minute in the quarter final of the online fut draft, winning 3-0! And I 'lose connection to the ea servers' even though I am able to sign in again straight away!

You sure it's not an issue on your end of your router refreshing itself?

I haven't had one issue yet with the servers. Every match has been perfect without any problems.

• Advertisement

I like this dodgy free kick and penalty decisions. It makes it more real life. I would love to have a few offside decisions thrown in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I like this dodgy free kick and penalty decisions. It makes it more real life. I would love to have a few offside decisions thrown in.

I can take the dodgy penalty and free kicks, but offsides and I'm out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,141 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Annoying how they mention my formation every time in my career games at the beginning, tempted just to change it so I can hear something new.

It went through a phase of them saying that, then going on about Man Utd signing Laccazette, every game for the first 5 or 6 games. I am playing as Blackburn so it is not even newsworthy for my club or league.

No way, I would prefer they didn't copy the crap bits of real football. There's no need to deliberately put in wrong decisions.

awec wrote: »
    No way, I would prefer they didn't copy the crap bits of real football. There's no need to deliberately put in wrong decisions.

Thats what happens in real life live football games :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Thats what happens in real life live football games :D

there's enough problems with fifa without adding that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I've also noticed that you play a variety of teams online. Big positive, but has anyone noticed it takes longer to find a match?

Unearthly wrote: »
    I've also noticed that you play a variety of teams online. Big positive, but has anyone noticed it takes longer to find a match?

Yes definitely, takes ages and often it finds no opponent. Often happened 4/5 times and I just gave up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

what camera angle do you always use?

I use dynamic

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

My brother and I are convinced that free kicks are awarded for nothing as are corners.

callaway92 wrote: »

2) Penalties awarded constantly for just showing strength in the box - Again, for an against me so it balances out. It would rather it just be tidied up a little though.

I'm enjoying the game but PES is slightly better. Ultimate Team draft is a lot of fun.
    Nice advice here, two corners I tried this and they scored twice. ffs

MarkY91 wrote: »
    My brother and I are convinced that free kicks are awarded for nothing as are corners.

yeah it's much easier to give away any fouls

reds are an awful lot easier to get as well, been down to 9 on a few occasions already

Unearthly wrote: »

I have played a lot of the same team as me, e.g. if I'm Man Utd I get paired against Man Utd.

Has happened way more often than it ever happened in 15.

Another stupid question, whats the difference between Interactive World Cup and regular seasons? Just that all teams are equal? I swear Im not that thick Im just used to playing Seasons and ignoring everything else online for the past 3/4 FIFAS :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

I usually enjoy both FIFA and Pro Evo games but i think this years FIFA is the worst one in years. I really enjoyed last years game but i think the series has gone stale. I play FIFA on the professional difficulty setting and i loved playing the computer on last years game. This year though i find playing the computer to be a chore. Teams like Watford are passing the ball amongst themselves and switching the angles of the play like their Barcelona! When i do get the ball it's hard to build any rhythm to my attacking play. There always seems to be a defender getting a niggly block in. I can still win matches but it kind of feels meaningless because im not finding this years FIFA to be enjoyable to play. In last years FIFA i loved attacking down the wings and launching devastating counter attacks .I can't do any of those things to the same extent in this years game. The matches are just too scrappy. In Pro Evo even when i lose i still feel like it was an enjoyable game of football. I think they tried to go for a more simulator (Watford passing the ball about like Barcelona though.How is that realistic!) like feel to the gameplay this year but that's what Pro Evo is there for. FIFA is about the thrills and spills. FIFA has been the dominant football game since 2009 but i think the tide has turned in Pro Evos favour this year for the first time since around 2005/2006. Maybe other people think this years FIFA is as good as ever but for me this is the most dissapointing FIFA game in years. The worst one since FIFA 2002 in my opinion.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

The tide will never turn once it has licensed teams and Ultimate Team, it will always be the dominant game, the majority prefare online game modes to offline.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The tide will never turn once it has licensed teams and Ultimate Team, it will always be the dominant game, the majority prefare online game modes to offline.

Dominant sales wise but quality wise always debatable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

Game play wise this years Pro Evo is way ahead of FIFA and i say that as someone who usually enjoys FIFA.So yes on the game play front the tide has turned in Pro Evos favour this year.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

Advertisement