Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,657 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Nice advice here, two corners I tried this and they scored twice. ffs

Poor defending, unlucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

callaway92 wrote: »
    Poor defending, unlucky.

:D:D FFS Press Triangle he said, it will all work out he said!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Confused big time with Fifa this year can't win a match to save my life in UT while in seasons I hammer teams. In UT I have won 1 match out of maybe 10 while in seasons I have won like 5 in row. Also frees and corners are very easy to score from this year.

Has this kept on happiing to me last night every time I go for a shoot on goal the game lags a bit ?. Playing on the xbox one for anyone wondering.

Finding Interactive World Cup class. Not only are all teams matched but I can play as a League of Ireland club and beat the likes of Bayern and Real Madrid :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 blueft

I preordered FIFA16 at Amazon 2monthes ago. Received a dispatched note by Email from Amazon On The day before the released date said estimated delivery was 29th or 30th. However, today when I checked the dispatced note, delivery date was changed to 6th of Oct... Is anybody have same problem or its just me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

blueft wrote: »
    I preordered FIFA16 at Amazon 2monthes ago. Received a dispatched note by Email from Amazon On The day before the released date said estimated delivery was 29th or 30th. However, today when I checked the dispatced note, delivery date was changed to 6th of Oct... Is anybody have same problem or its just me?

I received mine yesterday having pre-ordered about the same time... Amazon is only good for the pre-order if you don't actually need it on release day (was away all weekend so was happy to wait).

hots wrote: »
    I received mine yesterday having pre-ordered about the same time... Amazon is only good for the pre-order if you don't actually need it on release day (was away all weekend so was happy to wait).

Thanks for the reply. I would be very happy if I received yesterday or today as that's what I expected. Well, hope 6th Oct is just their guide line and we could receive it before this weekend...

Thanks for the reply. I would be very happy if I received yesterday or today as that's what I expected. Well, hope 6th Oct is just their guide line and we could receive it before this weekend...

Get onto customer service anyway, the best thing about amazon is the CS is normally very good.

Can you just cancel it?

• Administrators Posts: 53,800 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

sugarman wrote: »
    2 biggest issues still not fixed.

Blowing up while on a counter attack well into the opponents half, usually one on one just before HT or FT.

Offside. Still a mess. And the playing advantage of offside. It gets called back far too long after advantage has been given if a tackle is made.

Not happy.

Going to grab PES once it goes down a bit in price.

Offside advantages drive me mad. If the keeper catches the ball cleanly there's no need to blow for offside, let me counter attack ffs! Same if my defender gets the ball cleanly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

what camera angle do you always use?

I use dynamic

I came on here to ask this exact question. What camera view is everyone using? the default one seems to far away and broadcast/tele are the same. Dynamic seems to be the best (if a little too close for my liking).

Ps is it just me or is it harder to see the red controller marker above players this year? i'm starting to think i'm going colour blind. I cant change it from red either as i'm always player 1

jones wrote: »
    I came on here to ask this exact question. What camera view is everyone using? the default one seems to far away and broadcast/tele are the same. Dynamic seems to be the best (if a little too close for my liking).

Ps is it just me or is it harder to see the red controller marker above players this year? i'm starting to think i'm going colour blind. I cant change it from red either as i'm always player 1

Yes on both counts, I cant see if Ive changed player or not. Is there anyway to change the colour?

Yes on both counts, I cant see if Ive changed player or not. Is there anyway to change the colour?

I think the only way to change colour is to have multiple users logged on. its very annoying as i'm almost sure on ps3 you could specify what colour you wanted. The red this year seems to blend into the green pitch (to my eyes anyway)

Player 1 is always red as far as I can see

• Registered Users Posts: 14,657 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

When a player is tired the red marker above the player turns into a red outline which I find very tough to see too. When they are fit it's in bold red which is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

The have nerfed speed almost to the point where it doesn't matter. They needed to tone it down a small bit but what they have done is ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

I agree, even fast strikers etc cant escape from defenders :confused:

Can you just cancel it?

Anable to cancel as the product was shipped.
    Amazon told me its shipped from outside of the UK, its taking extra days. But hots got on Mon. I don't get it.
    Also customer service told me I should be feeling lucky as it must be delivered way before the 6th Oct which is current estimated delivery date.
    Won't reconmend Amazon preorder.

Anable to cancel as the product was shipped.
    Amazon told me its shipped from outside of the UK, its taking extra days. But hots got on Mon. I don't get it.
    Also customer service told me I should be feeling lucky as it must be delivered way before the 6th Oct which is current estimated delivery date.
    Won't reconmend Amazon preorder.

Dont ever pre order, just download it or pre book it in Gamestop or Smyths. For the sake of a few quid its better not to have to put up with this **** IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Dont ever pre order, just download it or pre book it in Gamestop or Smyths. For the sake of a few quid its better not to have to put up with this **** IMO

Gamestop or Smyths? Are you mad.

It's not worth the extra money. I pre-ordered the Nathan Drake Collection on Amazon and it's coming in at €44, release day delivery to my UK Parcel Motel (so I'll probably get it a day later, maybe two at worse). That or i can spend an extra €31 (170% of the price I'm paying!) and get it in Gamestop?? No thanks.

Bricks and mortar stores have been robbing video game consumers for years.

Gamestop or Smyths? Are you mad.

It's not worth the extra money. I pre-ordered the Nathan Drake Collection on Amazon and it's coming in at €44, release day delivery to my UK Parcel Motel (so I'll probably get it a day later, maybe two at worse). That or i can spend an extra €31 (170% of the price I'm paying!) and get it in Gamestop?? No thanks.

Bricks and mortar stores have been robbing video game consumers for years.

My point being he doesnt have the game.
    Ill gladly pay an extra 20 quid to make sure I have the game when I want it.
    if he really wants to save money buy it from the US PS store.
    I buy two games a year, FIFA and FM. Ill pay to have it the minute its released :D

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,800 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I always buy digital games. Discs suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

awec wrote: »
    I always buy digital games. Discs suck.

This is one of those games where its safe to say you won't trade till the next one arrives at which point the previous title is worth pennies. Digital is great for games like FIFA but paying €80 is down right ridiculous for a hard copy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Bought a PS4 in Argos and Fifa 16 came free. I have decided to go with PES this year however, so if anyone wants to pick up a cheap brand new copy I'm happy to sell for €40 or best offer.

Hope I'm not violating any rules here by posting this, honestly I am saying this with best of intentions for anyone who wants Fifa. Game is still in it's packaging, totally untouched. Maybe could be of interest to someone here. If not sorry for the spam.

PM if interested (central Dublin location)

Morzadec wrote: »
    Bought a PS4 in Argos and Fifa 16 came free. I have decided to go with PES this year however, so if anyone wants to pick up a cheap brand new copy I'm happy to sell for €40 or best offer.

Hope I'm not violating any rules here by posting this, honestly I am saying this with best of intentions for anyone who wants Fifa. Game is still in it's packaging, totally untouched. Maybe could be of interest to someone here. If not sorry for the spam.

PM if interested (central Dublin location)

Ill take it off ya for 40 if its still going! :)

On sick leave from work so will fill the days!

about 25 games played now. Im wondering is this the year to change over to PES. So many things wrong with the gameplay this year. Counter attacking is gone due to the speed nerf. Every team no matter how **** they are, are able to pass it around like Barca in their prime. Even on professional the only thing stopping me conceding 3/4 is the computers unbelievably poor finishing. They seem to be able to fashion chances at will but sh*t themselves in front of goal.

Drexel wrote: »
    about 25 games played now. Im wondering is this the year to change over to PES. So many things wrong with the gameplay this year. Counter attacking is gone due to the speed nerf. Every team no matter how **** they are, are able to pass it around like Barca in their prime. Even on professional the only thing stopping me conceding 3/4 is the computers unbelievably poor finishing. They seem to be able to fashion chances at will but sh*t themselves in front of goal.

It must be all down to style anyway because I'm finding the computer easy enough to deal with defensively (I sit off and close of passing avenues and never really press) and prefer slow build up to counter attacking... struggling to get many goals at the moment though, lot's of 0-0, 1-1, 1-0 etc.

hots wrote: »
    It must be all down to style anyway because I'm finding the computer easy enough to deal with defensively (I sit off and close of passing avenues and never really press) and prefer slow build up to counter attacking... struggling to get many goals at the moment though, lot's of 0-0, 1-1, 1-0 etc.

Im winning most matches 1-0 as well. They computer isnt scoring the chances they take. The create an clear chance and nine times out of ten they balloon it miles over or wide. Just doesnt seem right. Most goals I concede are from corners. Not sure how to go about defending them.

Another gripe is fouls. Seems very random

The big plus is, goals and clear chances are hard to create so when you do it is very satisfying

Drexel wrote: »
    Im winning most matches 1-0 as well. They computer isnt scoring the chances they take. The create an clear chance and nine times out of ten they balloon it miles over or wide. Just doesnt seem right. Most goals I concede are from corners. Not sure how to go about defending them.

Another gripe is fouls. Seems very random

The big plus is, goals and clear chances are hard to create so when you do it is very satisfying

Fouls really are hard to call, no idea why I do or don;t give half of them away. For defending corners I bring a player to just outside the penalty spot then if it goes out there you're sorted, any closer just bring the keeper out. I'm terrible at taking corners this year because of that, everything into the keepers hands.

The speed issue is really annoying the fastest striker is beaten to the ball by literally any defender. Can something like this be patched surely they are getting a lot of negative feedback.

Should be able to change player controller colour as well as discussed earlier

• Advertisement

I just had Sterling outmuscle Chiellini off the ball, followed by Juan Cuadrado chased down successfully by Kolarov.....

Christ.

Advertisement