Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

My head is about to explode! My FIFA stats have never been great really, usually hit the 33% mark with wins draws and losses. Im not great but Im not the worst either. Seasons this year Ive lost 7 and drawn 1. I had to park the bus last night just to stop the rot. I must have wrecked yer mans head but I had to do it. What the hell is going on? :D

Both my controllers have now lost the padding on the thumstick and my thumb is in bits, my neck hurts, Im waking up as angry as I go to bed! AGGHHHHHHHHHH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Any advice? I literally can't get a tackle in against some players on this. They can just continuously dance around me near my box and wait for a through run or an overload down the wings. I try my best to jockey and contain and cut off runs but i feel like I'm trying to put out five fires at once all the time and getting no help from my own AI. In these same games when i have the ball it can be impossible to pass it out and find space the pressure on my guys is so relentless. This is more of an issue on FUT but it's still there in seasons.

Anyone here play on PC be up for a game or two?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

bur wrote: »
    Any advice? I literally can't get a tackle in against some players on this. They can just continuously dance around me near my box and wait for a through run or an overload down the wings. I try my best to jockey and contain and cut off runs but i feel like I'm trying to put out five fires at once all the time and getting no help from my own AI. In these same games when i have the ball it can be impossible to pass it out and find space the pressure on my guys is so relentless. This is more of an issue on FUT but it's still there in seasons.

Anyone here play on PC be up for a game or two?

I find Im constatly on edge playing FIFA, Players run around me yet I cant get past any of them in the box. The fun element is gone but it has been replaced by a venom when I do win (Only in ultimate team so far) I seem to be giving massive air punches and shouting "**** YOUUU YESSS".. Ive turned into an animal in this game.:D

EDIT: Im at work now and Im already feeling my veins pop at the thought of some prick doing stepovers!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Had two quit on me this evening. Both occasions I went 1-0 up & then they quit at the tip off.
    I'm hardly Maradona. My record is 3-4-2.....In division 10. Got promoted with those two "wins"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Any one else find it hard to see the Premiership ball when playing at night time?

• Advertisement

Any one else find it hard to see the Premiership ball when playing at night time?

Didn't mean the double post, my browser won't leave me delete it for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭Ardent

Haven't bought the game yet. How is career mode this year? I play mostly offline and this would be important to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Ardent wrote: »
    Haven't bought the game yet. How is career mode this year? I play mostly offline and this would be important to me...

More or less identical to last year.

The only additions are pre-season tournaments to raise extra transfer income (useless for larger clubs). You can now sign free agents whenever, and sign players for up to two years on loan. Only other change is a new training programme which gets boring after a few goes and you'll end up simming. Otherwise, identical.

So much for them sorting out transfers this year, I disabled summer transfers so January was the fist open but so far I've seen Hazard to Bayern,Alaba to Juve, Pogba to Arsenal all in the January window?

Also has anyone cake across the problem wear the CPU's keeper will pick the ball up of his defenders feet or even have it passed to him and he picks it up? Happened to me at least 6-7 times already.

EDIT: Deadline Day now and Benzema has join Man City for 51m,Eriksen joined Aletico for 39m and Boateng has joined Barca for 43m and Pjanic join Monaco do 34m

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,277 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Nokir wrote: »
    Still can't figure this out. No matter what I do it just changes back to what it was originally. If it helps, the controller is lit blue before loading up the game, then changes to red. In the controller settings menu, the visual of the controller is blue - not sure if this makes any difference but thought I'd mention it.

This was happening for me throughout Fifa 15 too. I never figured out how to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

I'm the same i hate the red on green (the pitch) but since i changed my view to dynamic its a lot closer so less of an issue. All the other camera views seem too far back

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Th0mas Shelby

Played about 30-40 games so far on PS4 and my God this version is extremely frustrating. First 5-10 games I thought it would take a bit of getting used to but it is beyond ridiculous:

1. Speed. Sterling cannot get away from the likes of Per Mertesacker. Crazy. If you go 1-1 with a ball over the top/through ball and you're more than 30 yards from goal forget about it. You'll be advancing 10 yards and either getting a shot from distance away to try to force a corner or else cutting back and hoping that you have support runners

2. Passing. 10 yard lateral passes from Iniesta are being pinged 30 yards backwards to the fullback or lads out of position...and this is with aiming at the player next to you and a bare tap of the pass button. Som many times I've been in good attacking positions and for some reason the pass goes to a player that is being marked 20 yards in a different direction, or worse still, directly to an opponent.

3. Long shots. Forget about it, you will not be scoring from distance even if you have Ronaldo.

4. Red thing over players head fades into the green grass as the game develops, cannot figure out who I am switching to. Also, on manual switch it never switches to the player I want it to (everytime it switches to the player whom it makes zero sense to switch to) despite pointing L3 at the player.

5. Team and player stats are awful. I know Manchester United don't have the team that they used to have but to have their attack (78) ranked the same as Swansea and Sunderland is absolutely absurd. Similarly I play with Ireland and arguably our best player, Robbie Brady, has a grand ranking of 65 while the mighty Paul McShane sits in the reserves with 68. How did they arrive at that, as an example?

6. Tackling. Extremely difficult. And whats worse, sometimes you can attempt to jockey a player out of play...you don't even touch the tackle button and the attacker will go down and the ref awards a penalty. Scoring is so difficult in the first place that giving these free shots at goal is a huge punishment. So I have the option of completely standing off the attacker incase the foul is committed by attempting to jockey, or else giving the attacker a free shot and trusting that my keeper will save it.

7. While we are talking about keepers, the amount of times the keeper bats the ball out to an onrushing attacker, even with the easiest of saves is crazy. Again, not realistic and it means I'm taking potshots and hoping for rebounds...an easy way to score but not much enjoyment to be had for the defending team.

Just infuriating to play this type of a game. Fair enough, previous versions may be unrealistic with passes backwards through the players body etc always finding a man. You can't pass as an impossible angle anymore which is a great improvement as it makes it more realistic, but EA have in my opinion gone completely overboard with changes in this version. David Silva cannot pass a ball 10 yards...how realistic is that? Very disappointed and it is not enjoyable even when I'm winning matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Played about 30-40 games so far on PS4 and my God this version is extremely frustrating. First 5-10 games I thought it would take a bit of getting used to but it is beyond ridiculous:

1. Speed. Sterling cannot get away from the likes of Per Mertesacker. Crazy. If you go 1-1 with a ball over the top/through ball and you're more than 30 yards from goal forget about it. You'll be advancing 10 yards and either getting a shot from distance away to try to force a corner or else cutting back and hoping that you have support runners

2. Passing. 10 yard lateral passes from Iniesta are being pinged 30 yards backwards to the fullback or lads out of position...and this is with aiming at the player next to you and a bare tap of the pass button. Som many times I've been in good attacking positions and for some reason the pass goes to a player that is being marked 20 yards in a different direction, or worse still, directly to an opponent.

3. Long shots. Forget about it, you will not be scoring from distance even if you have Ronaldo.

4. Red thing over players head fades into the green grass as the game develops, cannot figure out who I am switching to. Also, on manual switch it never switches to the player I want it to (everytime it switches to the player whom it makes zero sense to switch to) despite pointing L3 at the player.

5. Team and player stats are awful. I know Manchester United don't have the team that they used to have but to have their attack (78) ranked the same as Swansea and Sunderland is absolutely absurd. Similarly I play with Ireland and arguably our best player, Robbie Brady, has a grand ranking of 65 while the mighty Paul McShane sits in the reserves with 68. How did they arrive at that, as an example?

6. Tackling. Extremely difficult. And whats worse, sometimes you can attempt to jockey a player out of play...you don't even touch the tackle button and the attacker will go down and the ref awards a penalty. Scoring is so difficult in the first place that giving these free shots at goal is a huge punishment. So I have the option of completely standing off the attacker incase the foul is committed by attempting to jockey, or else giving the attacker a free shot and trusting that my keeper will save it.

7. While we are talking about keepers, the amount of times the keeper bats the ball out to an onrushing attacker, even with the easiest of saves is crazy. Again, not realistic and it means I'm taking potshots and hoping for rebounds...an easy way to score but not much enjoyment to be had for the defending team.

Just infuriating to play this type of a game. Fair enough, previous versions may be unrealistic with passes backwards through the players body etc always finding a man. You can't pass as an impossible angle anymore which is a great improvement as it makes it more realistic, but EA have in my opinion gone completely overboard with changes in this version. David Silva cannot pass a ball 10 yards...how realistic is that? Very disappointed and it is not enjoyable even when I'm winning matches.

You're right about most of this, but I'm scoring about ten times as many long shots this year than I ever was. Finding them very easy, especially with Calhanoglu and Pogba. Free kicks are also even easier this year, I've definitely scored more than I've missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Th0mas Shelby

martyos121 wrote: »
    You're right about most of this, but I'm scoring about ten times as many long shots this year than I ever was. Finding them very easy, especially with Calhanoglu and Pogba. Free kicks are also even easier this year, I've definitely scored more than I've missed.

Okay maybe you're right on this, to be honest I pretty much stopped shooting from distance so maybe that explains! Yes, free kicks very easy.

What a rant too by the way, very happy with that one! I play on my own so do not have anyone to freak out at/with :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Okay maybe you're right on this, to be honest I pretty much stopped shooting from distance so maybe that explains! Yes, free kicks very easy.

What a rant too by the way, very happy with that one! I play on my own so do not have anyone to freak out at/with :)

Ah you're like myself, I love a good rant! Love reading them too, underrated method of communication tbh.

As for the long shots - shoot with a good distance shooter like the two I've mentioned, make sure you have loads of space or it'll get blocked, and aim for the middle of the goal at first, and as the power bar fills up, move the stick in the direction you want it to go. Hard to get used to, but they fly in when you've it mastered.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Im enjoying this years FIFA but I can't work out how I am struggling so much in Ultimate Team and coasting in regular seasons.

My record in Ultimate Team is 22 wins - 22 losses. Maybe a 2/3:1 ratio for wins in Draft mode.

In regular seasons, I have a record of 33 wins and 3 losses. Cant work it out at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

one division in UT (offline) is the difference between me winning by 5/6 or losing by 4/5 and not even able to get a shot on goal.

Also every UT match I play the rain is lashing down and you can see it on the ground. Every single game. Its very strange!

Im starting to just think this years FIFA is just a bit... well... sh*t

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Don't mind your UT and Seasons, play clubs, much more fun this year. Better keepers and better all round defenders allows for stress free games. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

1. Speed. Sterling cannot get away from the likes of Per Mertesacker.....

Pretty much agree with everything you've said here bar the long shots. For me the passing is the most infuriating gripe, short passes going astray to players much further away and out of position.

The icon over the players head may as well be invisible most of the time, and player switching is so erratic, sometimes you've to press it two and three time to get the player you want and not some random player miles away!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Pretty much agree with everything you've said here bar the long shots. For me the passing is the most infuriating gripe, short passes going astray to players much further away and out of position.

The icon over the players head may as well be invisible most of the time, and player switching is so erratic, sometimes you've to press it two and three time to get the player you want and not some random player miles away!

if you're finding the player switching using L1 to be bad, you can also use the right analog stick to flick it to who you want, far more accurate

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

But not accurate enough. Player switching is actually worse this year. I dont know how they have regressed with this aspect. Long balls into the air, and you cant become a player to contest a header. Or having to LB/stick flick five times to get the player you want and by then it's too late.

Sloppy programming to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Wait... Robbie Brady is 65 :eek: Add about 9-10 to that. Bloody hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Wait... Robbie Brady is 65 :eek: Add about 9-10 to that. Bloody hell.

It's because he's a LWB in game when his stats suit a LM. According to this he's a 72 as LM

This years Fifa is very disappointing IMO. I cant put my finger on what it is exactly but it just seems off. Its like the control isn't there anymore. They have destroyed the speed and over the top balls,which I agree were overpowered in previous games but now they are basically unusable.

No matter what speedy winger you have you wont be out pacing ANY defender to get to the ball and to me that is just ridiculous and totally unrealistic. I don't think I've completed one over the top ball that wasn't miraculously cleared by the last defender EVERY SINGLE TIME. /rant.

As with previous fifa's the presentation is top notch but they need to address these issues. I'm thinking about buying PES for the first time in years just to get away from the madness

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

I don't think its half as bad as some people make it out to be, you can out pace defenders, just not every time, is it not unrealistic to beat defenders every single time, does that happen in every game of football? Same with over the top balls. It may be frustrating to get the hang of but i think its quite enjoyable once you get the hang of it.

I don't think its half as bad as some people make it out to be, you can out pace defenders, just not every time, is it not unrealistic to beat defenders every single time, does that happen in every game of football? Same with over the top balls. It may be frustrating to get the hang of but i think its quite enjoyable once you get the hang of it.

So two players neck in neck running for the ball and the faster player doesn't get there first? Sounds pretty unrealistic to me...i'm not talking about holding back its like there's a figurative block on the speedy players heads when it comes to a race to the ball. And I've literally never beaten a defender to the ball with any winger so its not like its even random - it totally favours the defender now.

I've played about 30/40 games now and to me it just doesn't feel right. I know there is always a learning curve with a new fifa when they change things but this year seems to of gone backwards

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I actually really like the pace system this time, mainly cause it gives me a reason to try "slower" players who would have been ignored last season.

I also wonder if people realise how much more important stamina is this season. I've played a lot of people who seem to be holding down sprint right from the first whistle. By 40 minutes in their players are wrecked and suddenly you can walk through defense.

You can't just pick the fastest players and know you'll win; it's about maintaining stanima and timing your sprints.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I like how pace is now less effective as it has been in previous FIFAs. I'm getting to use players that I would never have considered before because I would have been hugely disadvantaged by the lack of pace (especially in the higher divisions in FUT).

Chipped through balls are perfect I think. You might get a few perfect opportunities during a game, but the people who spam it constantly won't have something come off sooner or later because of a defensive mix up.

My only real problem with the gameplay is that keepers are so effective coming for crosses and corners. I'd say I've only scored from 2 corners in 50 games, that weren't short corners. That's pretty bad considering I've four people in the team above 6'2. I probably just haven't got the hang of it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,277 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I'm enjoying it. Playing a career as Liverpool. It's really the only thing I do with Fifa. That and try to take some 3rd div team to the Prem and I only play on World Class. But, this year it's very tough. I've only scored a couple of goals from open play so far. I don't know if that's because I haven't played enough or whether EA have seriously stacked the odds against the player.

Pennos are waaaaay too easy to give away again, so that hasn't changed since Fifa15. You really have to be very conservative with your tackles in the box, which I suppose is "realistic" in a way, with real life players hitting the deck so easily and cheap penalties being a factor in the modern game.

My biggest gripe is that players are so clumsy at times. I haven't played enough to know if this is across all teams, or whether they're just like that in Liverpool. But it really neuters the players chances of getting past defenders scoring goals. Also, the opposition blocks goal attempts with ridiculous regularity, that it becomes extremely frustrating.

As a positive, goal kicks have a chance of falling you your players now. In Fifa15 a goal kick was pointless as the oppo nearly always got the ball. But corners are still pretty useless for the player.

But, some irritation aside, I have to say I'm enjoying the game. but, I may have to play with the sliders in the settings a bit this year and knock a bit of the lightening fast reactions out of the PC teams.

Advertisement