Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

v3ttel wrote: »

My only real problem with the gameplay is that keepers are so effective coming for crosses and corners. I'd say I've only scored from 2 corners in 50 games, that weren't short corners. That's pretty bad considering I've four people in the team above 6'2. I probably just haven't got the hang of it yet.

except the motherfcking referees and their constantly horrendous decisions. Should have mentioned that. It's a huge pain.... the amount of penalties and free kicks I've conceded from, when I haven't even pressed anything bar the left analog.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Pace works when using the R3 button, a few shifts to the right and Im clear of the defence. R1 button is a game killer though, thats all you need to use in this game when receiving the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Finding the stamina a serious learning curve this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The patch nerfed the goalkeepers slightly. Means you will score more 1v1's. Much better in my book.

• Administrators Posts: 53,800 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I'm done with this game. Played a few games tonight and the amount of utter bullsh!t was too much to bear.

Used up my 10 hour EA access trial and that's enough for me. Can't remember the last time I didn't buy a FIFA. Many, many years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

It's just not as enjoyable this year for me. I'll stick with it though as the Pro evo presentation is way behind fifa (at least it always was i havent played the new one)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Why oh why did someone in EA decide that the smokey/misty look for night games was a good idea?

Happens quite frequently and makes the game look absolutely awful, as if someone turned the brightness on your tv up to the max.

Other than that, really liking the game, and have gotten used to the passing system thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

daRobot wrote: »
    Why oh why did someone in EA decide that the smokey/misty look for night games was a good idea?

Happens quite frequently and makes the game look absolutely awful, as if someone turned the brightness on your tv up to the max.

Other than that, really liking the game, and have gotten used to the passing system thankfully.

yeah it looks like a badly calibrated TV with the contrast set too high.

is there no snow setting? a white and green pitch would be cool

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

daRobot wrote: »

I think its part of their new "Fog" Engine ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭EoinAFC

Biggest struggle still for me is scoring goals, played a game last night where i had 24 shots, 15 on target and only won 2-1. Seems keepers are saving most shots that should be going in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,277 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Use the sliders and neuter the goalies a bit. I have them currently on about 35. Everything else is at 50. Still hard to get a goal as it should be, most of my scores are 2-1 (for and against) with plenty of 1-0's and 0-0's and I'm playing 10 mins a side.

Currently 6th with Liverpool, out of the cup to Arsenal 1-0 (last 16) and second in the table to Bordeaux in Europe and we're in November. So, realistic enough.

I'm really enjoying this year, I have to say, although my benchmark for worst Fifa ever was '09, which was absolute pants. So, bad, I stayed with '08 for the next 2 years.

There are few things to get used to, like stamina, this year, but good play is generally rewarded. I don't get stupid penalties given against me any more, now that I've learned to temper my tackles. You can't go charging around the box like a lunatic now and get away with shite and you also can't just hit the sprint trigger and race around the field like Usain Bolt either. You have to build as a team towards the goal.

Plus, teams that are supposed to be difficult to play against are. Man City, Arsenal and Utd offer a real game. I got a 1-1 draw against Arsenal in the Premiership and was both delighted and knackered at the end of the 20 minutes.

Speaking as someone who's played Fifa since the Nentendo days, that's a thumbs up for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭EoinAFC

That's the thing this is online play, other fifas I've adjusted by about 20 games. Sitting on over 50 this year and can't grasp it. Been playing it since 2001 and this is by far the toughest and possibly the most frustrating game I've ever played. Shooting just seems really inconsistent. One shot will sail past the keeper yet one from a yard out will miss.

Sorry Eoin. Don't play online any more. Too many dickheads. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

This game is a joke. 80 th min in a career game, bring hazard on but yet a tired defender is faster than a fresh hazard lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

like the game in general but giving away penalties when you havent even attempted to make a tackle is pissing me off. Losing a game due to a dubious penalty ALL the time, gets a little annoying.

I dont mind the odd dubious situation as that reflects real life, but almost every ****ing **** mother****ing bastarding game?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

It's probably more your gamestyle. I hardly ever give away penalties. You seem to adjust your defending.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

its really not

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Using L2 to jockey the player in the box seems to tell the defender to shoulder charge into him and bring him down :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

You need to standoff in the box a lot more, using L2 and R2 to contain. There is a lot of bs penalties, but since you know there is bs penalties you have to be more careful

rottie, on Hazard not being fast for you, it's impossible now to just run past a player. Especially with the mostly improved defensive ai, you need to be doing a skill move or feinting or doing something else to get past the defender. In this sense it's more like real life. Flick the right analog stick to push the ball past the defender, and twice if you're definitely clear of the defender. I'm using Chelsea myself in career mode, Hazard's dribbling and ball control can allow you to get close to a defender and letting him do something before you go one way or the other

Use "A" or the "x" button. Tackle conservatively and with caution. Haven't given away a penalty is ages. It was driving me mental at first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I really liked the addition of tactical defending a few years ago, it was a good idea and used to work rather realistically in past games.

But as the game evolved up to FIFA 15, and especially this year in FIFA 16, the system is starting to really get on my nerves, it's an inefficient way of defending and has gone full circle and its totally unrealistic now. When you press high on a team who are 2 stars less than yours it's bollocks that they are capable of passing in triangles around your forwards and midfield, that never happens IRL.

Such teams typically set out in those games with a deep or high press/counter attacking tactics, or attempt to create their chances through set pieces. It seems that EA have lost all concept of that. Every single fecking match I play now is just effectively the same match, just with more less difficulty depending on the side.

Having only played the PES demo just recently, it definitely seems to kick the arse of FIFA in all the above the departments, and that extends further into it's terrific gameplay. I think PES have got me back this year, I can see that's probably where my money is going next year, at least it's a game with some obvious improvements.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Craic Addict

I'm so bad at this game, it seems they've taken the fun out of it by making even awful teams press you so high up the pitch.
    I can barely string 3 passes together before at least 3 players are closing me down even in my own third.
    I have to keep passing backwards and sideways forever until i try a 5 yard pass that always goes to far for my wingers.
    Any tips on tactics and stuff before i pull my hair out or smash my controller?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Play a 4-4-2 diamond in midfield. That has sorted me out with passing, always players free, but I don't have wingers. I play direct football right through the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

RossieMan wrote: »
    Play a 4-4-2 diamond in midfield. That has sorted me out with passing, always players free, but I don't have wingers. I play direct football right through the middle.

I've gone for similar with 4-2-3-1 narrow, trying to put in players who have good ball control, strength and passing. Kondogbia & Melo have been beasts in cdm.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Craic Addict

Cheers lads.. I managed to win 3-1 with the diamond..
    I'll try the 4231 later on..

I'm finding it hard to enjoy in general since I'm struggling at the moment

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Using L2 to jockey the player in the box seems to tell the defender to shoulder charge into him and bring him down :pac:

I don't press anything and I'm giving away penalties. Also feel the AI is giving away a load too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Has anyone tried pro evo this year? According to a few friends of mine its a much more balanced game this year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

jones wrote: »
    Has anyone tried pro evo this year? According to a few friends of mine its a much more balanced game this year

ive gone back to PES for the first time in years, i went to FIFA in 2012 i think. Definately the better game for your money. I rented both games as i do every year. Just love the gameplay of PES, just a really enjoyable game to play, unlike FIFA 16 which has gone backwards for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

How are skills working out for people? Not able to pull off any effectively myself but my connection is ****e so haven't played much online, is it as common as it was last year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

How are skills working out for people? Not able to pull off any effectively myself but my connection is ****e so haven't played much online, is it as common as it was last year?

Same here. Can't pull of the step over exits to cut inside the box anymore. Chops and berba/McGeady spin still work well for me though.

Advertisement