Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

awec wrote: »
    The problem with this is they have to add a load of players to the database. The existing ones they just re-group the players into a new team and design a kit (minimal work).

I'd love it too.

It will never happen as EA don't innovate etc. But it'd be so cool if it did. They could even charge a euro per team. I'd buy a few to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

lots of new possibilities with the womens teams after thinking about it

have a sandbox add on where they go shopping, get their nails done, date some of the male footballers, affairs, marriages, photo shoots, babies etc

I don't care if I'm called a part of the PC brigade, but people like you need to take a look at what you write. And I don't care if it was meant as a joke or all in good fun, but that comment's like that don't help anyone. It's demeaning and sexist.

I played about 500 hours of Fifa this year, and honestly I don't really plan to play with women teams beyond perhaps a game or two, but I'll happily welcome it if we receive a tangible step forward in including women in both sport and video games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

The problem with this is they have to add a load of players to the database. The existing ones they just re-group the players into a new team and design a kit (minimal work).

I'd love it too.

I'd say the main problem is to do with the licensing of the players

Some of the older ones mightn't want their likeness to be used to promote the game without getting paid, and it's just not worth the hassle for EA

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

miralize wrote: »
    I don't care if I'm called a part of the PC brigade, but people like you need to take a look at what you write. And I don't care if it was meant as a joke or all in good fun, but that comment's like that don't help anyone. It's demeaning and sexist.

I played about 500 hours of Fifa this year, and honestly I don't really plan to play with women teams beyond perhaps a game or two, but I'll happily welcome it if we receive a tangible step forward in including women in both sport and video games.

How righteous of you but I'm pretty sure women are included in both already, especially video-games.

Fifa putting in womens teams in isn't fighting some battle for women or making a stand. I'm guessing they've just run out of gimmicks. They advertised the fact that some players have tattoos now, for God sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

miralize wrote: »

just as well you dont care then :rolleyes:

ive followed womens international football over 20 years, in particular the english team. I remember hope powell as a player :pac:

anyway, my point was not a joke, it was highlighting how desperate ea have become with new aspects when this is hardly an exciting theme

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,799 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I could be wrong, but did FIFA not used to have those classic teams? With Beckenbauer, Pele etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I could be wrong, but did FIFA not used to have those classic teams? With Beckenbauer, Pele etc..

Just the one Classix XI team, which was missing way too many players that should have been there. No Maradona, Pele, Eusebio, Dalglish, Best etc.

It's a pointless feature the way they have it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I remember FIFA 2000 allowed you to play as classic teams from particular eras.

I specifically remember playing as Celtic from 1967 (the Lisbon Lions squad) and Man United from 1968

I specifically remember playing as Celtic from 1967 (the Lisbon Lions squad) and Man United from 1968

Really? I don't remember much about fifa 2000. I remember 1999 u think where most crosses equaled in an overhead goal lol

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

Does anyone remember the UEFA Champions League titles from the early 2000's where you could play as any team from the final from 1960's onward?
    I don't see EA adding this to any FIFA title but would love to see this feature where you could play as classic teams. Maybe once they run out of every other gimmick they will throw this one in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

keithc83 wrote: »
    Does anyone remember the UEFA Champions League titles from the early 2000's where you could play as any team from the final from 1960's onward?
    I don't see EA adding this to any FIFA title but would love to see this feature where you could play as classic teams. Maybe once they run out of every other gimmick they will throw this one in.

I've been hoping for classic teams for years now. The same way I hope for either Celtic Park or Ibrox to get thrown in. Both wishes seem very unlikely to happen, unfortunately (well the classic teams would probably get there first if one was ever to come into the franchise)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

I wouldn't be bothered about classicsl teams. As long as they fix all the game play bull**** il be happy

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Just to the point of people decrying the introduction of Women's teams in the game as a "gimmick". Surely any year to year change that doesn't effect the core gameplay mechanics is a "gimmick".

As gimmicks go, having women's team in the game is pretty welcome in my book.

Given that I mainly play FIFA in carreer mode, I can certainly see myself taking the international job for a women's team just for a change of pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

It is a nifty feature to put in the game, however there some serious technical issues they need to deal with. For example, career mode.

In FIFA 14 and FIFA 15 your stats get wiped if you get promoted/relegated and the game acts as though you've started a New Game at that point. The only time your stats will remain and update is if you stay in the same league every season, otherwise it just resets to 0. It's pretty game-breaking for me as I don't like starting in top flight.

Hopefully they do something to fix it on this one. Otherwise I see no point in me bothering with it. It's the only game mode I play. I care nothing for Ultimate Team or anything about Online play.

What's even more worrying in FIFA 15 is that I've noticed game stats (passes, shots on target etc) are not correct a lot of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Faker74 wrote: »
    Just to the point of people decrying the introduction of Women's teams in the game as a "gimmick". Surely any year to year change that doesn't effect the core gameplay mechanics is a "gimmick".

As gimmicks go, having women's team in the game is pretty welcome in my book.

Given that I mainly play FIFA in carreer mode, I can certainly see myself taking the international job for a women's team just for a change of pace.

Unless they've already confirmed that, I highly doubt that will be possible. There is only 12 women's teams in the game after all.

colmulhall wrote: »
    What's even more worrying in FIFA 15 is that I've noticed game stats (passes, shots on target etc) are not correct a lot of the time.

Ya I've noticed that after a game of seasons. At half time I'd be say 2-0 up but it says I only had one shot.

i agree about the stats. VERY often you would be 1-0 up without ever taking a shot..accordign to the stats :rolleyes:

speaking of stats, they need to add more into the game. how many passes you made and how many were successfull. they have it show up for indivigual players during the game sometimes so it IS there just not for a whole team.

i dont think we will ever see a fifa without lifeless eyes. i admire the work konami put into how PES looks. shame the gameplay feels like one of them football games you used to see in arcades in the 1990s

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Defending is better, keepers are better, shooting feels better.

Yawn.

J. Marston wrote: »

Defending is better, keepers are better, shooting feels better.

Yawn.

They say that every year yet this year is the worst keeping I can remember lol

rottie 11 wrote: »
    I wouldn't be bothered about classicsl teams. As long as they fix all the game play bull**** il be happy

They'll fix some things and break some others.

Always the same, every year.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 374 ✭✭Jjiipp79

PES 2016 will be better by the look of it. FIFA has been the same for years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Skidfingers

If I order this off Amazon, would it be here by release date?

Jjiipp79 wrote: »
    PES 2016 will be better by the look of it. FIFA has been the same for years now.

But PES. Plays like a game from the 90s. Fifa just feels right even if scripted at times and inferior graphics

I think so anyway

Things I would love to see fixed:

- The way as soon as you take control of a player there is a split second where they will slow down running / almost change direction / just stop and you can't do anything. This bug has been in FIFA for ages.
    - The stupidity of keepers that take ages on the ball. 1-0 down in the 90th minute and your keeper stops a shot. Watch him lie on the ground with the ball and then get up slowly instead of getting up quickly. Again, this is one that's been in the game for ages, despite how they keep saying they're making keepers smarter.
    - The screw ups where the game will make players get off the ground really slowly and prevent you from taking control of them. If a defender goes down in his box and the ball is still in his box he is not going to take an age getting off the ground. He is going to get up straight away.
    - The fact you can skip every cut-scene except for yellow and red cards for some reason. This makes no sense. Very minor but I have seen occasions where the cut-scene will glitch and can last ages.
    - Ball goes out for a throw in the 90th minute and you are 1-0 down. Your player will walk really slowly over to get the ball and lift it off the ground with his feet, all the while the clock continues to kick. Sometimes you can skip it, sometimes it won't let you.
    - Player switching via LB / L1 is just completely broken. The amount of absolutely stupid decisions this makes is astounding.
    - The way sometimes you are not allowed to take control of certain players in certain situations. The ball could be landing right beside a player but the game won't let you switch to them for some reason. I think it must lose track of that player for a second, or must have scripted some other player to run onto the ball (even if they are nowhere near it). In fairness this doesn't happen too often, but it does happen.
    - FIFA will always try and pass to an offside player if it has the option. If two players are near one another, one is offside and the other isn't it will always favour the offside man. The onside player will sometimes even leave the ball so it goes to the offside man.

Won't hold my breath though. We'll get some low hanging fruit fixed and they'll make a big deal about how there are now 100 different animations when a player misses a shot, while leaving us with the same gameplay glitches that have been there for years.

Also I like the way the current pace / direction of the ball has an impact when you are passing it but at the moment it feels like the weight of the pass is completely random at times. I could tap the pass button and my player will ping it really hard, or I could hold it in and he'll tap it. Just needs refined.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,268 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Knex. wrote: »
    You can. Saw a video about it recently.
    martyos121 wrote: »
    Just read about that, great news! I'll probably get FIFA as usual but this means I'm definitely getting PES too, best feature they could've put back in tbh.
    Oat23 wrote: »
    Kits and logos are nice, but it's not a day one purchase for me unless I can add in other leagues.

Boom.
    pGcZPPq.png

(I know this is the FIFA thread, but I wanted to update on the thing we were discussing a few days ago.)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Also I like the way the current pace / direction of the ball has an impact when you are passing it but at the moment it feels like the weight of the pass is completely random at times. I could tap the pass button and my player will ping it really hard, or I could hold it in and he'll tap it. Just needs refined.

that could be more to do with the fact the controls are assisted. if you use completely manual controls you shouldn't have that problem

also for player switching, you can also switch using the right analog stick and point to the player you want to control, more accurate than L1

agree with you on the rest though

The player switching in fifa 15 is a total joke tbh. Really hope they fix that

I rarely get frustrated with player switching tbh.

I hate when your keeper comes out and you've no idea if he's gonna blast the ball into the crowd or take control of it leaving you to dodge the attacker after you're expecting him to clear it.

• Advertisement

MarkY91 wrote: »
    I rarely get frustrated with player switching tbh.

I hate when your keeper comes out and you've no idea if he's gonna blast the ball into the crowd or take control of it leaving you to dodge the attacker after you're expecting him to clear it.

Lol ya I hate when they take control of the ball especially when the likes of Ronaldo is rushing towards them

Advertisement