Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 16

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 230 ✭✭garrixfan

akelly02 wrote: »
    ive gone back to PES for the first time in years, i went to FIFA in 2012 i think. Definately the better game for your money. I rented both games as i do every year. Just love the gameplay of PES, just a really enjoyable game to play, unlike FIFA 16 which has gone backwards for me.

I bought PES, my friends have played it once or twice and now refuse to. Its not that good but I grew tired of FIFA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

I was initially unimpressed by this years FIFA and i wrote a post out on this thread about it.The game is a lot slower and tighter this year but if you persevere you'll get into it eventually.I think now it's quite a fun game once you get into it.I had a very satisfying win in my Everton career mode against Man City.They were winning 1 nill with about 10 minutes to go but we scored two late goals to snatch the win.My only complaint is that i would prefer to have the option of attacking the Gwladys Street End in the second half!I also love the fact that the Turkish league (Go Fenerbahce!) is in this year game.They really do recreate the atmosphere of a Turkish league match.The game is very rewarding if you just stick with it although it's a shame Dynamo Kiev are not in the game.A Stephen Alkin/Brian Kerr commentary option would also have been nice!btw The Arabic commentary is hilarious!:pac:

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

i can't even get a game online now as so few people are playing FUT or draft mode.
    Went back to Fifa15 and the joy of playing it is miles better..there's still loads of people playing it and its far more enjoyable....to think I wasted 100euro on Fifa16...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,277 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I was initially unimpressed by this years FIFA and i wrote a post out on this thread about it.The game is a lot slower and tighter this year but if you persevere you'll get into it eventually.I think now it's quite a fun game once you get into it.I had a very satisfying win in my Everton career mode against Man City.They were winning 1 nill with about 10 minutes to go but we scored two late goals to snatch the win.My only complaint is that i would prefer to have the option of attacking the Gwladys Street End in the second half!

Had pretty much the same game in a Merseyside derby last night. Everton were 1 nil up until I (Liverpool) equalised on the 60th, then snatched a winner on the 90.

Have to say, I'm loving the game this year. It's tough to get goals, but all the more satisfying when you do.

The speed of the game this year is a huge factor on the game. You can't just hoof the ball to your fastest centre forward and waltz into box and score.

One thing that did annoy me (sort of), was that I hammered Utd 5-1. All of my games have been relatively close wins or losses with low enough scores (rarely 3 goals scored by one side) and there have been plenty of draws...and then I slaughter Utd with ease? Weird. Especially, when I found it tough to break down Norwich in a 0-0.

It might just have been one of those things.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Had my first enjoyable online games last night. Played 5 games with Newcastle, won 4 and drew 1, only conceding two goals, and getting to division 6 in the process. I even got matched with far better teams like Roma and Belgium but they couldn't handle the might of Haidara, who scored three absolute worldies, in three consecutive games. Not bad for a left back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

The AI of the referees and defenders have ruined this game

I just played a game where the defenders I wasn't controlling gave away 3 penalties by running into the attacking player in the box FFS

Then up the other end I have a shot on goal and the defender pokes the ball away so my striker ends up kicking his leg and getting a straight red!

Absolute mess of a game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

I haven't played online, but after a little getting used to this is the best career mode in years for me. FIFA 10 still had a more complete mode which is a real black mark on EA but nonetheless I'm liking it. Training is probably overpowered but I'm pretty happy with it, makes playing with lower league teams much more enjoyable if you can get your 65 striker to 70+ in a season or two. I've gotten the hang of long shots, I'm not perfect at short range but still fairly reliable. For anyone struggling: play the skill games, they genuinely do help.

I'm a real simulator guy so for me I want more control of the business side of the club. I want to be able to control ticket prices(in FIFA 10) and negotiate sponsor deals, have to worry about attendance and gate profits etc. I know there's Football manager but these are really simply things that they could do in 2010/11. And I know that sponsorship has prevented some of that from being in future games but surely there's a way of getting around that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Just downloaded the latest squad update and Martial has been downgraded? EA Logic :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Just downloaded the latest squad update and Martial has been downgraded? EA Logic :pac:

No upgrade for Vardy, and no downgrade for Ivanovic

If it doesn't sell fifa points, it doesn't matter :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Will them fifa leagues be starting back again?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Will them fifa leagues be starting back again?

Yes we will be starting one in the next few weeks.

• Axwell wrote: »
    Yes we will be starting one in the next few weeks.

Played Keno on shareplay at the weekend, other than rage quiting :pac: I quit liked it expect the shooting mechanic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I have no one else to blame for this miss

• Administrators Posts: 53,799 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

So I caved and bought it again, got it for 38 euro or something like that.

Anyone else find it very hard to volley the ball? Twice I've crossed it in about thigh height and a free man in the box has totally skied it instead of what is really an easy tap in.

Also haven't won a game in ages now, just no luck at all. Having shots blocked by my own players, my own players running into each other, players missing the ball entirely, players tackling each other. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

I think its very good this time around after playing it a lot the last few weeks

still has its odd moments of WTF but in general im very happy

fouls are pissing me off, the play advantage is very seldom given and slows the game up. if someone fouls your player and you have the ball in an advantageous situation, you cant pass it as it will be recalled back for the free kick, that period of time lasts too long imo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

miralize wrote: »
    I have no one else to blame for this miss

Dark balls are the worst -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Main thing I notice is that keepers get to normal crosses EVERY time. Refs are far too strict. Every little thing ends up being a foul. I literally don't cross, try to dribble into the box in an effort to win a penalty which I usually do. Apart from that, they were on the money with the whole build up from midfield thing, that's turned out pretty well IMO. I do find the keepers make a lot of outrageous saves though but overall a good game if they can fix the fouling and the advantage system which is also fecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,277 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I've been playing solidly since I bought it at the end of Sept. and, after a bit of worry at the start, I think it's the best Fifa yet, TBPH.

The worst thing about it is the crap soundtrack. :pac:

Seriously though, there are a number of issues. Crossing is largely useless (but, it's not a sure thing in RL either). When you get it right, it's great. You have to be over cautious about tackling, but given the way the game is officiated these days, I find that quite realistic. Penalties can be given away too easily sometimes, but it is possible to minimise that by being careful. Goalies are way too superhuman, but you can make them more realistic with the sliders. They can still make a spectacular save, but it's not every save. Offers seem to just come from international teams and not from leagues, which is the same problem as last year (I'm surprised that wasn't sorted).

All of these have been talked about before and to me they're not a deal breaker, by any means.

Coming to the end of the first season in my "legendary" Liverpool career (currently 5th) and it's been the most satisfying one in Fifa yet. Also, this is the first year where I've really had to think about strengthening the squad too during transfer time. Never really had to bother before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Main thing I notice is that keepers get to normal crosses EVERY time. Refs are far too strict. Every little thing ends up being a foul. I literally don't cross, try to dribble into the box in an effort to win a penalty which I usually do. Apart from that, they were on the money with the whole build up from midfield thing, that's turned out pretty well IMO. I do find the keepers make a lot of outrageous saves though but overall a good game if they can fix the fouling and the advantage system which is also fecked.

I find it's only crosses from the byline that keepers get everytime, if you're crossing from a bit deeper they can be avoided... I try and avoid crossing centrally too, either really far post or near post for an easy glancing header.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Atticus Jung

Sorry if this is the wrong place, but anyone else on ps3 getting the invisible ball thing on seasons?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Just wondering has anyone been giving the FIWC a shot?

I use to be fairly good at FIFA's gone by, myself and another lad on here use to be ranked 1 and 2 on the Irish leaderboards when they had country specific leaderboards in the good ol' days.

Anyways said Id give it a shot and Ive gone to 30 wins - 2 draws - 2 losses. It really does require a lot of time though, you nearly have to play 4/5 games every day so doubt il even make it that to the required 80 games by the end of the month.

Anyone else had any success in it? I find the gameplay soooo much better than Ultimate Team. After you play a few games on FIWC or regular online seasons, Ultimate Team just feels....flimsy or something. Its weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,674 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Whats the story with updates for squads in this? When I played a quick match at the weekend when I first got it the teams were up to date but when I played a tournament last night they were squads from the start of August or around that time?

Im playing a season mode with Athletic Bilbao.They have this player he can be used as a central midfielder or striker called Raul Garcia.This fella is tearing defenses to shreds!It's not even the end of November in my career mode and he already has 19 league goals!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,760 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Im playing a season mode with Athletic Bilbao.They have this player he can be used as a central midfielder or striker called Raul Garcia.This fella is tearing defenses to shreds!It's not even the end of November in my career mode and he already has 19 league goals!
    Add your reply here.
    I use them online, they are unreal! The two starting wingers are great and you still have Munian on the bench. I go into my tactics and tell Aduriz to stay central, then whip balls in to him. He's an absolute monster!

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Add your reply here.
    I use them online, they are unreal! The two starting wingers are great and you still have Munian on the bench. I go into my tactics and tell Aduriz to stay central, then whip balls in to him. He's an absolute monster!

Who are you're staring wingers?I use the old fashioned flat 442 formation (yeah old school i know!) and i use Munian and Susaeta as my staring wingers.I use Gomez or Williams as my sub/impact wingers.I forgot to say their keeper is also really good.That Garcia/Aduriz partnership has defences all over the La Liga trembling in fear in my game!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,760 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Add your reply here.

Who are you're staring wingers.?I use the old fashioned 442 formation (yeah old school i know) and i use Munian and Susaeta as my wingers.I use Gomez or Williams as my sub wingers.I forgot to say their keeper is also really good.

Start with Suseata and Williams I think his name is. I play 4-3-3. Garcia is furthest of the midfield forward and the two other lads hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I posed in the pes2016 thread might as well try here as well. Bit of a long shot but I've traded pro back in to get fifa and ive the steel case that came with the 20th anniversary edition of pes2016. Does anyone have the fifa 16 steel case that would be interested in a swap?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Starting to find my feet with it the last few days, have it the last 2 weeks.

The keepers though IMO are way too good. The ball is like a magnet to them. They win a big majority of the crosses put into the box, not to mention them being fairly hard to score against in general.

In all I'm liking it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

one of the best fifas ever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Sorry about the newbieness of my question.

Just bought a ps4 and chucked in fifa16 but can't get online to try a couple a games on seasons....... anytime I try it says
    an update to this title is required before you can access any online features

Do I have to buy something akin to a purchase to play online like XBOXLIVE €50???

Total newb so go easy bais.

Advertisement