Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,760 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

You need to have an xbox live gold account to play online. Although that shouldn't stop you downloading updates.

Edit: Sorry it says your on PlayStation, I'm not 100% sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Sorry about the newbieness of my question.

Just bought a ps4 and chucked in fifa16 but can't get online to try a couple a games on seasons....... anytime I try it says

Do I have to buy something akin to a purchase to play online like XBOXLIVE €50???

Total newb so go easy bais.

Yeah you need a playstation plus subscription, same as xbox gold top play online, didnt need it ps3 but you do on ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Beastermc

Do I have to buy something akin to a purchase to play online like XBOXLIVE €50???

Yeah the PlayStation plus is what you need. You can get for the year €50, 3 months €20 or 1 month €10. You can buy it in GameStop, extravision, places like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Beastermc

Beastermc wrote:
    Yeah the PlayStation plus is what you need. You can get for the year €50, 3 months €20 or 1 month €10. You can buy it in GameStop, extravision, places like that.

Well now I know not to use Euro signs on boards anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Beastermc wrote: »
    Well now I know not to use Euro signs on boards anymore!

I figured you were from the Middle East

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Getting a lot of lag playing fifa online. About 10 times a game I'll get some kind of lag. I'm on UPC with the ps4 upstairs and modem downstairs. Other games don't seem to suffer as bad.

Are there any settings that I can change on the modem that will help?

• Administrators Posts: 53,799 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Have to love FIFA matchmaking sometimes.

"Searching for a similar team"....

Athletico Bilbao vs Brazil. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

I use the option where clubs and national teams cant match

I'd never looked in the options before! Thanks. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Nothing annoys me more than clubs playing against country :mad:

• Advertisement

What are decent 4 star or so teams to play with online? I always feel like a bit of a fool if I play as either Real or Barca and playing as 5 star teams in general mean you will always be playing against the same few sides.

Bilbao are decent but are constantly paired with Dortmund and Spurs and it gets dull after a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

awec wrote: »
    What are decent 4 star or so teams to play with online? I always feel like a bit of a fool if I play as either Real or Barca and playing as 5 star teams in general mean you will always be playing against the same few sides.

Bilbao are decent but are constantly paired with Dortmund and Spurs and it gets dull after a while.

Had great success with Newcastle. Try Sporting Lisbon and Marseille too. Leverkusen if you're willing to go 4 and a half stars, they're as good as anyone and the few times I've been matched with 5 stars with them, a draw is the worst I've done.

Oddly I haven't won a single match against Valencia or Sevilla this year, but whenever I've used them, it hasn't gone well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Shakhtar are a good team to use too, though despite losing Douglas Costa and Luiz Adriano they've actually moved up to 4 and a half stars. Really solid team especially in midfield, probably just lacking a top striker. Gladkyi is decent though.

I seem to stick with a team unintentionally every year

fifa 12 was everton
    fifa 13 was qpr
    fifa 14 was juventus
    fifa 15 arsenal
    fifa 16 ajax

ajax have very good keeper (82) and strong throughout

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Looks like FUT prices are at an all time low for 16. Going to wait til the market starts to improve, buy me some players and sell them on when it peaks I think. Pedro cost me 20k a while back and now hes approx 7k :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Hey guys I'm sure this has been asked numerous times already but I can't find it, but is this much of a step up from Fifa 15?

I have Fifa 14 & 15 on Xbox one, I'm tempted to get 16 in the Black Friday sale as it's 40% off, but i've a feeling there's little improvements to it and it seems much slower than 15. Not sure if I like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Loughc wrote: »
    Hey guys I'm sure this has been asked numerous times already but I can't find it, but is this much of a step up from Fifa 15?

I have Fifa 14 & 15 on Xbox one, I'm tempted to get 16 in the Black Friday sale as it's 40% off, but i've a feeling there's little improvements to it and it seems much slower than 15. Not sure if I like that.

^ That's the bones of it.

Same as most fifas, it's an upgrade but that's about it. Unless you're really into career mode or ultimate team, then you're as well off with Fifa 15

PErsonally I think there has been a few subtle differences that make the game a lot better than 15

being able to tackle when the ball is in mid air, bouncing, passing being harder, slower etc

• Registered Users Posts: 19,277 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Still the best version I've played since 08.

Game drives me nuts sometimes.

Sprint to edge of box, hold down shoot for 1/4 bar of power, ball flies about 5 miles over the bar.

One minute later, sprint to edge of the box, hold down shoot for 1/4 power, ball rolls gently to the goalkeeper.

Tap through ball to pass it literally 5 yards and ball is way too hard, Linford Christie wouldn't catch it. A few minutes later try a much longer through ball, hold down through ball and the ball barely makes it 10 yards.

Frustrating.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

So much stuttering on the pc version :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

The softness of the game kills it for me IMO. It's bad enough getting red cards for next to nothing or giving free kicks away that you're still not sure about in the replay. But the soft penalties ruin it for me. Absolutely kill the game. Gave one away there against Sunderland for absolutely nothing and then my keeper saves it, goes out back in to the box, the keeper manages to save the ricochet or subsequent shot (I forget which) but gives away another penalty in doing so.
    :mad::mad:

Keepers collecting every corner is annoying too

It's a very good game tbf though

A little off topic but I recently bought a ps4 and have had a few games of fifa16, played seasons and fifa world cup. Tonight I tried it with the supplied headphones but they are absolute cack.

Can anyone recommend a decent pair or is there a way to improve the sound.

I honestly can't hear a thing, just the odd mumble....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

A little off topic but I recently bought a ps4 and have had a few games of fifa16, played seasons and fifa world cup. Tonight I tried it with the supplied headphones but they are absolute cack.

Can anyone recommend a decent pair or is there a way to improve the sound.

I honestly can't hear a thing, just the odd mumble....

These are fantastic headphones, especially for this price. I bought them a year ago for 100 euro and it was money well spent.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2746269/Trail/searchtext%3ESONY+WIRELESS.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 45 tcite

Wednesday or Thursday my game synched. No problem with that other than it wiped away a QPR season (got them promoted into the Premier League) I had on the go. No other dramatic changes I've noticed, the pre game drills have reset but the records still there if that makes sense.

Any way to get that career back or just forget about it and go again?

Console: Xbox One

Fakman87 wrote: »
    These are fantastic headphones, especially for this price. I bought them a year ago for 100 euro and it was money well spent.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2746269/Trail/searchtext%3ESONY+WIRELESS.htm

Nice, I've got a ten euro voucher for argos as well.

Thanks bud.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

So much stuttering on the pc version :(

what are your specs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Havent play the game yet. Have played all the others.

Argos are selling it for €40.

Will I be disappointed?

DEFINITELY NOT

the best one imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

DEFINITELY NOT

the best one imo

I agree, it's brilliant this year

Advertisement