Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I just got fifa 16 today and its the first time ive played since fifa 13, can someone please tell me how do i play a random online game,i cant seem to do this, i can play 1 on 1 against friends or in seasons, i just want to be able to play random 1 on 1 games online its driving me nuts please help:( where do i find this option on the menu?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

You can't that I know of.

RossieMan wrote: »
    You can't that I know of.

Your kidding, thats a disaster, so you can only play ut and seasons online or friends but no randomers, im not happy at all now:mad:

Very dissapointing game tbh, its not a patch on 13, the shooting seems all wrong and the sound when you kick the ball sweet jesus it sounds like your kicking a space hopper, the passing is very erratic and dribbling is way too easy,if you have anyone with pace you can run the lenghth of the field, i do like the way opposition can intercept a pass and the little niggles and battles are good, you seem to have less controle over defending too not as pin point, ive only played 15 games in seasons and won 12 but im not enjoying it at all so far,maybe when i start UT

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭m1ck007

I love it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Tin_Cup

Anyone notice any difference with the new patch? Havent had a chance to play since it became available.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Tin_Cup wrote: »
    Anyone notice any difference with the new patch? Havent had a chance to play since it became available.

Well i went playing the game after i heard about the patch, and i noticed the passing is a lot better, one thing that hasnt been fixed is the supermen keepers, who always seems to find his way onto inferior players teams, try as you might, blast it or finesse it, even from 6 yards out, he will stop it and usually with his left hand diving to his right, and vice versa, and they will score with their 1 or 2 shots, apart from that, the game is far better then when i got it 1st.

I agree with Shamrock above, Fifa 13 was a far superior game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

There seems to be far less penalties now anyway. You can actually win the ball in your box.

Crosses are still next to useless. Keeper gets almost everything

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

There seems to be far less penalties now anyway. You can actually win the ball in your box.

The penalties are still there, trust me, when you concede one, you'll get a run of them

• Registered Users Posts: 14,657 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Penalties have been sorted out very well imo.

One thing that hasn't is the god damn near post shots constantly going in (in my favour and in my opponent's favour)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

really? i've conceded 1 each game in my Watford save hahaha, way more than before the patch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

crosses have to be either edge of the box or drilled in low to stand a chance

unless you play as everton and lukaka will score from the near post nailed on

I get and give away a shed load of pens,alot of the ones i give away i dont even do anything,players just seem to fall over eachother in the box, tbh for the first time ever im sorry i didnt get PES cos it cant be any worse then this rubbish,it really is bad,the shooting is like something from a commador 64 game

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I get and give away a shed load of pens,alot of the ones i give away i dont even do anything,players just seem to fall over eachother in the box, tbh for the first time ever im sorry i didnt get PES cos it cant be any worse then this rubbish,it really is bad,the shooting is like something from a commador 64 game

This has been patched :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Bought this yesterday on a whim as it was cheap on the PS Store. I like the style of the game thus far but Smith/Tyler are obsessed about formations/systems during the line ups.

Annoying. I like the battle of strength to win possession in key areas but shooting is a little off. Seems very inconsistent but I am enjoying it for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I think to fix the penalty issue they have messed up the foul system outside the box a bit making it easier for players to tug at you a bit, foul but nothing happens. Means that taking on players doesn't really get you as far as it used to.

I think since the patch they tried to placate people who couldn't adapt to the new aspects they brought in this year and have tried to make it more like last years. I was quite happy with what they did even in fouls in the box as even though there were some dodgy ones you shouldn't be able to just stick out a leg and tackle a tricky player in the box when they're running at you full pelt. They've gone both sides of the spectrum so far this year both pre and post patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,277 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Agreed.

There's too much shirt tugging going on now and it fucking sucks, it just slows the player down and creates an artificial difficulty. There was nothing wrong with the fouls as they were, it just took a (tiny) bit of time to learn how to tackle conservatively in the box. Hint - use the A button on the flippin controller. Personally, I find that there are more penalties given now than before. But they're given to the player now.

Plus, I think the refs are a little too forgiving to the CPU fouls, of which there are are many now. Nearly every time I get past a defender, the CPU will swipe out a leg and bring me down and even as the last defender and I'm through on goal, it only results in a yellow and not a red.

I've played FIfa for many hours over the last three days and this new patch is not welcome. It also pisses me off greatly that you can't roll back a shit patch these days. The game was great before this patch and as usual EA have fucked things up and I reckon this is how the game will remain because I can't see any more patched coming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Lads if you're through on goal and your opponent tries to pull your shirt hold L2. It causes your player to fight them off and continue running.

If there's enough space you can do that, but often you don't have the time, because the CPU's defence is so tightly packed now. Also, while you're L2'ing off Mr shirt puller the rest of his mates are catching up. Sometimes it can work though, but it leaves with with a really small window to concentrate on the shot. It was a thing that use to bug the balls off of me in Fifa 15 too. It's a pity it's back.

• Administrators Posts: 53,799 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Liam O wrote: »
    I think to fix the penalty issue they have messed up the foul system outside the box a bit making it easier for players to tug at you a bit, foul but nothing happens. Means that taking on players doesn't really get you as far as it used to.

I think since the patch they tried to placate people who couldn't adapt to the new aspects they brought in this year and have tried to make it more like last years. I was quite happy with what they did even in fouls in the box as even though there were some dodgy ones you shouldn't be able to just stick out a leg and tackle a tricky player in the box when they're running at you full pelt. They've gone both sides of the spectrum so far this year both pre and post patch.

There isn't really any other decent way to tackle in the box, the AI isn't smart enough to get between the player and the goal, it just runs about randomly inside the box or stands and watches the ball.

I have found the AI of your own team to be really poor this year. Poor defensively and poor offensively. They never seem to make intelligent runs, I've had players run towards me instead of run into space. They setup stupid at attacking free kicks and don't ever attack the ball in any logical way. They are rubbish are setting themselves up defensively and get easily dragged all over the place.

• Advertisement

Seems to have gotten worse with new patch. Plus the amount of collisions now is farcical. It was near perfect before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

I fully agree with the post suggesting the players dont make intelligent runs, ive found when im building up an attack from midfield or counter attacking the AI are terrible at getting into positions for me to play it to them, they either stand there aimlessly or run into awkward wrong positions.

through balls with triangle are very frustrating, nearly always over hit.

My biggest gripe is defending, full backs always get sucked in central, constantly dragged out of position which leaves the flanks and defense horribly exposed.

the penalty situation needed tweaking but not to the extent they have, i can't understand how they cant find some sort of middle ground, fouls in the box were farcical before the patch and are now farcical in the other extreme, you get away with far too much.

keepers are super human, there are no guarantee goals, the are capable of saving literally anything no matter how much of a banker it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

it's just reverting to older games now, pace > all.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I've not been giving away a fraction of the penalties since the patch, which I'm grateful for. And it's not that I didn't know how to tackle in the box. It was the AI charging in uncontrolled and ploughing into guys. That seems to be 99% gone now, which is good.

Obstruction is still a free for all. AI players running into AI players and getting stuck for a second or two or just getting taken out and no foul given.

Agree with keepers and the super human saves. They'll save a smasher from 2 yards out and then get beaten from 25 yards when the ball goes a foot over their head a minute later. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

Anyone else having trouble finding an opponent in Seasons?

It's been weeks now since i've played a game online, usually just get fed up waiting. It either times out saying an opponent couldn't be found that matches my team's level and league or it just sits there looking for an opponent.

DaveD wrote: »
    Anyone else having trouble finding an opponent in Seasons?

It's been weeks now since i've played a game online, usually just get fed up waiting. It either times out saying an opponent couldn't be found that matches my team's level and league or it just sits there looking for an opponent.

Matchmaking has been really slow for me the past few weeks.

I have open NAT and a great internet connection but I can still sometimes wait 30 seconds for it to find an opponent. Sometimes it fails.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I don't understand why a winger who I have set to stay forward and conservative tackling is out of stamina by the 70th minute.

Also why DMs that I have as close to the CBs as possible are joining attacks constantly and also bolloxed late in games. Yet I can pass it around the back a bit with someone chasing me the entire time and have the same stamina come that time.

Player stamina is a nonsense and has been for a few FIFAs.

CAM will be completely bust come 70 minutes. Being tired in one thing but being tired in FIFA just means stupidity. Players don't just run slower, but they suddenly forget how to pass and control the ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

all signs of tiredness tbf

I think the game plays well. I only play seasons though and dont have any real issue

Advertisement