Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

They've absolutely destroyed this game, it's all about stupid no skill pace whores again, I've noticed an insane amount of long range shots going in since the patch also... It really was the best Fifa in years until the patch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Yep noticed it more and more that pace > all again. Even within my own UT, which by standards isn't great as its a fairly average Bundesliga XI.

Absolutely stupid trying to stop the likes of Lacazette etc

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

They've absolutely destroyed this game, it's all about stupid no skill pace whores again, I've noticed an insane amount of long range shots going in since the patch also... It really was the best Fifa in years until the patch

Its funny how people see the game differently. To me this game is not about pace or full of pace whores, pace has been nuked a good bit compared to 14/15. And the best FIFA was 13, the only major change since the patch is the fact you dont give away as many penalties. Every year they break something and advertise some new addition that ends up being rubbish. Wish they would have just left well alone a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Axwell wrote: »
    Its funny how people see the game differently. To me this game is not about pace or full of pace whores, pace has been nuked a good bit compared to 14/15. And the best FIFA was 13, the only major change since the patch is the fact you dont give away as many penalties. Every year they break something and advertise some new addition that ends up being rubbish. Wish they would have just left well alone a few years ago.

I dont know about the other modes as I pretty much play UT mode only , but that's completely changed. Pace had been nuked but is the all important factor again. Maybe seasons is the slower more thoughtful way to play the game but I genuinely enjoy building my teams and earning better players in UT, it was pretty much perfect before the patch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

I dont know about the other modes as I pretty much play UT mode only , but that's completely changed. Pace had been nuked but is the all important factor again. Maybe seasons is the slower more thoughtful way to play the game but I genuinely enjoy building my teams and earning better players in UT, it was pretty much perfect before the patch.

I play UT aswell and I found its mostly 360 spins all over the gaff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Is the match fixing broke in fifa 16 ? I pick mainly 4 and 4.5 star teams and keep getting 5 stars etc. Today I picked Roma 5 times, 3 of those games were against city, and the other dortmund, getting just 1 team of the same ranking.

This has been happening the last few weeks, and tbh it's costing me games. I've stopped picking the likes of bilbao, constantly matched dortmund, united and arsenal. Btw my match fixing settings are okay too, its set to restrictive.

Lastly, the fifa servers are shocking, so much lag.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

I play on ps4 and no lag whatsoever and to be honest never had lag issues with any fifas

has been a difference in matching though, Im getting man utd a lot and Im ajax or shaktar

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭Ardent

Christ, I'm rubbish at this game. Coming from FIFA 13 and everything has changed. Used to play World Class on 13 but need to drop down to Professional in 16 or I get absolutely hockeyed.

How on earth do you get a team mate to assist with pressing on PS4??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,760 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

RB is secondary press I think

• Administrators Posts: 53,799 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

RB / R1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

This game has been ruined. Almost impossible to tackle dribbling hacks that always score. You can tell a game is going to be a nightmare if your opponent immediately starts his untouchable dribble from the kick off. Is PES any way fairer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Hi all, gonna be buying fifa over weekend but I know a couple of friends who tried to play online recently against each other and ran into difficulties due to firewalls or something along the lines of the below link. Anyone else get that issue and if so how do you resolve it?

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/FIFA-16-Can-t-play-online-friendlies-keeps-freezing-at-arena-pre/td-p/4804849/page/2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

It's be their NAT type more than likely, simple to change with the help if google. You'll need NAT 1 or 2, 3 is pure torture. Very hit and miss when connecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭_DMac_

RossieMan wrote: »
    It's be their NAT type more than likely, simple to change with the help if google. You'll need NAT 1 or 2, 3 is pure torture. Very hit and miss when connecting.

Just out of curiosity has anyone with upc/virgin media been able to get nat 1 lately? Since they brought out the sh1t modem/router combo I can't get nat 1 no matter how many ports are opened or dmz's are set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭Ardent

How catchy is that 'Fool' tune on the game's soundtrack?! Can't get it out my head today!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,657 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Ardent wrote: »
    How catchy is that 'Fool' tune on the game's soundtrack?! Can't get it out my head today!

Hate it - and hate most of the soundtrack bar the Foals song and Tripswitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,277 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

It's all on silent for me. Worst Fifa soundtrack ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Agreed. FIFA is podcast time in my world!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Spotify, always Spotify

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

I really like a couple of songs, but the rest is meh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I put on Fifa 09 for the first time in years and I **** you not its miles better then 16, if then I jumped 7 years into the future and someone handed me fifa16 I'd have been stunned at how they managed to make it so bad

09 was terrible. Piss easy. There was no game in it.

On "Legendary" you could waltz goals past Barcelona with West Ham.

There's no point to a game like that.

At least with Fifa 16, even with its flaws, the player has to work to win a match. There's some sort of sense of achievement in keeping Real Madrid to a draw with Hertha Berlin in the Champions league.

I 09, you could smash them 4-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Fifa14 was the best in a long time...
    16 was bloody awful when it came out but since they've decided to let pace rule again it's just another clone of 15.

I have to say, even with the faults, I still think FIFA 16 is the best iteration of the game since FIFA 08.

Even though the patch has made things slightly worse (ironically I find there are many more BS penalties given away now than before), there are still great moments in the game.

At present, I am heading Hertha Berlin as my main career and I'm having a ball, for the most part. After three seasons and some good buys (hello Marco Sau and Alexandre Lacazette!) I am currently fighting it out with Bayern and Leverkusen for the top spot in Jan 2017 and we're in with a good chance of winning the league.

However, even though the team can compete with the highest levels in the Bundesliga, I can still draw and lose games to the likes of Köln and Mainz, if I'm not careful, or they set up correctly, which is how the game should be.

In Europe, I played an absolute cracker against Spurs and managed to win 1-0 in an extremely tense match. I actually punched the air an hollered when the goal went in in the 89th minute.

It's been a long time since I've had that kind of experience with a footy sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

You're spot on about having to make sure you're tactics are right for each game, I never use the custom tactics anymore and I choose either Possession, High Pressure or Counter Attack based on who I'm playing. The only complaint about this is that there should be a feature just before you start a career match that tells you the style the other team plays and their strengths and weaknesses. The last PES I played had it in Master League and it's brilliant for setting up a game plan.

It's definitely my favourite FIFA now but it took me a while to adapt and realise how much better it is. If you're playing it like FIFA 15, you're doing it wrong IMO, this game rewards good tactical play unlike 15 which was basically an arcade game based purely on pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I personally think that FIFA 12 is the pinnacle in terms of the FIFA series, it just played really well. I though the upgrades that were made to the second current gen FIFA (FIFA 15) were impressive, definitely felt "next gen" in terms of feel, looks, and animations. But I thought FIFA 16 was a baffling regression in game play.

I remember Steven Burns of VideoGamer.com saying he went to a critics preview event that EA had held for FIFA 16 and he said it played brilliantly, setting some of the engine's parameters in such a way that was bold, but fun. When reviewing it on release though, he said that it felt like EA had turned the parameters down to a "conservative" level, possibly to avoid bugs and maybe not to isolate certain players who enjoy playing a particular way, but it also slowed the game down to it's detriment.

PES overtaking in quality this year is probably the best thing that could've happened to FIFA, it will hopefully make EA pull the finger out to stop PES from eating into their audience. It will be terrific having two soccer games competing on the same level for once, as opposed to swinging between one or the other like we're used to seeing over each generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I personally think that FIFA 12 is the pinnacle in terms of the FIFA series, it just played really well. I thought the upgrades that were made to the second current gen FIFA (FIFA 15) were impressive, definitely felt "next gen" in terms of feel, looks, and animations. But I thought FIFA 16 was a baffling regression in game play.

I remember Steven Burns of VideoGamer.com saying he went to a critics preview event that EA had held for FIFA 16 and he said it played brilliantly, setting some of the engine's parameters in such a way that was bold, but fun. When reviewing it on release though, he said that it felt like EA had turned the parameters down to a "conservative" level, possibly to avoid bugs and maybe not to isolate certain players who enjoy playing a particular way, but it also slowed the game down to it's detriment.

PES overtaking in quality this year is probably the best thing that could've happened to FIFA, it will hopefully make EA pull the finger out to stop PES from eating into their audience. It will be terrific having two soccer games competing on the same level for once, as opposed to swinging between one or the other like we're used to seeing over each generation.

I too think fifa 16 is the best in years.

fifa 12 and 13 were both very good too

I dont think pes has overtaken fifa yet this year either

I too think fifa 16 is the best in years.

fifa 12 and 13 were both very good too

I dont think pes has overtaken fifa yet this year either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Fifa 16 reminds me of a game of pinball,defending is near impossible,and the shooting is like an old commodore 64 soccer game I had

Advertisement