Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

FIFA 12 the one with those amazing finesse shots? If so, I also agree. UT was balanced as well on it with player prices being relatively obtainable. Silver squads were also pretty decent in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Fifa 16 reminds me of a game of pinball,defending is near impossible,and the shooting is like an old commodore 64 soccer game I had

You're just doing it wrong then. I rarely concede goals unless it's a 30 yard screamer or extremely well worked. In Fifa 15 the lobbed through ball was so OP it probably was the source for 70% of goals. That being nerfed has made it so much easier to defend, surprised you think it's harder.

Also strange you say 16 is like an arcade game, that's exactly what 15 was! You needed pace in your squad and somebody who could finish up front. Overalls were fairly redundant.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

FIFA 12 the one with those amazing finesse shots? If so, I also agree. UT was balanced as well on it with player prices being relatively obtainable. Silver squads were also pretty decent in it.
    That's the one, an amazing FIFA. It's only major downfall was that it was too easy to get good at playing against the CPU on Legendary and hammer them every game, took the challenge out of it. The FIFA's since then have been more balanced in terms of the difficulty levels, but unfortunately the quality of gameplay hasn't quite met the same standards as it did in FIFA 12.

I would certainly hope that EA are actually planning on upgrading their engine soon, it's long overdue a change-up. The collision systems in FIFA are just not up to scratch, they can be borderline infuriating in cases where players are tipping over each other or causes a scrabble with your goalkeeper. Konami using the Fox Engine in this years edition of PES has offered a noticeable improvement, and probably enables it's developers a greater element of freedom when building the game, given that it is an in-house engine.

EA need to play catch-up in areas like these, but at least they need not worry about their pre-existing features and game modes, everything they have in this regard is plenty to keep players satisfied in terms of variety. It's the actual playing of the game is where their attention should lie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

You're just doing it wrong then. I rarely concede goals unless it's a 30 yard screamer or extremely well worked. In Fifa 15 the lobbed through ball was so OP it probably was the source for 70% of goals. That being nerfed has made it so much easier to defend, surprised you think it's harder.

Also strange you say 16 is like an arcade game, that's exactly what 15 was! You needed pace in your squad and somebody who could finish up front. Overalls were fairly redundant.

I find the defending impossible too, especially with the magical untouchable runs. Any hints on how to stop that. It really has ruined the game for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

I find the defending impossible too, especially with the magical untouchable runs. Any hints on how to stop that. It really has ruined the game for me.

Playing Fifa 16 draft mode is ruined for me because of this, 360 spins and slight movements to the side and past every defender, kinda wished they would up defending a good bit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

astonaidan wrote: »
    Playing Fifa 16 draft mode is ruined for me because of this, 360 spins and slight movements to the side and past every defender, kinda wished they would up defending a good bit

Exact same as that, was great up to a certain point. Div 6 or 7 maybe, then every player is just an an exploiter. Infuriating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Exact same as that, was great up to a certain point. Div 6 or 7 maybe, then every player is just an an exploiter. Infuriating.

Pretty much, I dont mind losing like, but it gets annoying when they skim it out to Messi, Ronaldo, Coutinho on the half way line and zig zag all the way into the box and score :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Beastermc

Oh lordy, those finesse shots, they were something else. I remember making a point not using it for ages when I was playing against the lads, as if it was a "dishonourable" way to score. I lost so many games to finesse shots by Rooney or Berbatov from near the half way line that I had no choice but to start using them, never looked backed since!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,277 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I've just played one of the greatest games I have ever played on Fifa, even though the score was a 0-0 draw.

The opening game of the 2018-2019 season. Hertha (last years champs by 3 points) vs Bayern (last years runners up).

Both teams battered each other for 90 mins, but each sides defence stood firm, with only 4 or 5 shots on target each. The closest I came was just over the bar from Lacazette and Suarez put it just wide for Munich.

I was sweating by the end of the match (20 mins a side).

I've never had such a game on any other version of Fifa before.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Beastermc wrote: »
    Oh lordy, those finesse shots, they were something else. I remember making a point not using it for ages when I was playing against the lads, as if it was a "dishonourable" way to score. I lost so many games to finesse shots by Rooney or Berbatov from near the half way line that I had no choice but to start using them, never looked backed since!

I remember I bought my first IF. One of the IF Kagwa's during his prime at Dortmund..had like 90s stats or something. Oh lord, the finesse shots as a CAM were godly..had so much fun in that game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Tony EH wrote: »
    I've just played one of the greatest games I have ever played on Fifa, even though the score was a 0-0 draw.

The opening game of the 2018-2019 season. Hertha (last years champs by 3 points) vs Bayern (last years runners up).

Both teams battered each other for 90 mins, but each sides defence stood firm, with only 4 or 5 shots on target each. The closest I came was just over the bar from Lacazette and Suarez put it just wide for Munich.

I was sweating by the end of the match (20 mins a side).

I've never had such a game on any other version of Fifa before.

20 MINS A SIDE?? That's mental, I've done long ones a couple of times and it always ends up 3-3 by half-time or something. Madden is very good for having super-long games actually, moreso than fifa imo.

Oops...that should be 10 mins a side. not 20. :o

Only ever played Madden when it was a 2D game on the Nentendo.

Dan Marino was still playing for the Miami Dolphins... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

Tony EH wrote: »
    Oops...that should be 10 mins a side. not 20. :o

Only ever played Madden when it was a 2D game on the Nentendo.

Dan Marino was still playing for the Miami Dolphins... :)

"LACES OUT, MARINO!!" :D

He should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Beastermc wrote: »

I remember using Di Natale ..his curve stats were something like 91. The man could be over at the corner flag and still curl the ball into the net.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,268 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Couple of recent ways FIFA has f*cked me over that has just left me speechless.

Tap X to play a pass to my defender at the edge of the box..fullback proceeds to whip in an unreal cross for the other team.

3 minutes to go. Play the ball back to my keeper and then fill the power bar to whack it up the pitch. Keeper says 'nah, not arsed kicking it' and lets the striker score.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Oat23 wrote: »
    Couple of recent ways FIFA has f*cked me over that has just left me speechless.

Tap X to play a pass to my defender at the edge of the box..fullback proceeds to whip in an unreal cross for the other team.

3 minutes to go. Play the ball back to my keeper and then fill the power bar to whack it up the pitch. Keeper says 'nah, not arsed kicking it' and lets the striker score.

that second one is bollox but the first either you were holding R1 or it's done that because he was facing the opposite direction, had you turned and played it you would have been fine imo.

• Administrators Posts: 53,799 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I've given up on it now. Too much nonsense in it, if I play 3 or 4 games I just end up frustrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I'm about to be relegated from division 1 for the first time in 3 years. Sickened. Walked it last year and won around 13 titles if I remember. Can't string 2 passes together with the latest update.

• Administrators Posts: 53,799 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I hover between divisions 5, 6 and 7.

Last year I was mostly in Div3. Can't get above 5 now.

For the first time ever in FIFA I've lost more games than I've won, just can't get my head around this game at all. Actually drives me crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

awec wrote: »
    I hover between divisions 5, 6 and 7.

Last year I was mostly in Div3. Can't get above 5 now.

For the first time ever in FIFA I've lost more games than I've won, just can't get my head around this game at all. Actually drives me crazy.

This is basically a carbon copy of me, i was in div 1 in 15, I won a few league titles and when i dipped in form i would hover between Div 1 and 3, i have on occasion slumped lower.

When i first played this early on without all the patches I actually got to div 1 but it went all downhill from there, i plummeted down the table and have hovered between 7 and 4, just cant get above four, i havend played in a long time it just got too frustrating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

RossieMan wrote: »
    I'm about to be relegated from division 1 for the first time in 3 years. Sickened. Walked it last year and won around 13 titles if I remember. Can't string 2 passes together with the latest update.

what have they changed now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Some world cup thing on Sky Sports 1 now

Has anyone had messages to play FIFA by randomers this year?.

I got a message yesterday in French and since there was no link I decided to reply and see what the story was.

I asked where he got my username cause I hadn't played FIFA in months.

He said "I saw your username in Forza".
    Confirmed it was Forza the game and not a website.

Seems like a bizarre situation since I haven't played in months, never played Forza and cant see how they'd advertise FIFA players.

I think I got a message similarly a few weeks ago that I ignored.

Really bizarre story.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,159 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Has anyone had messages to play FIFA by randomers this year?.

I got a message yesterday in French and since there was no link I decided to reply and see what the story was.

I asked where he got my username cause I hadn't played FIFA in months.

He said "I saw your username in Forza".
    Confirmed it was Forza the game and not a website.

Seems like a bizarre situation since I haven't played in months, never played Forza and cant see how they'd advertise FIFA players.

I think I got a message similarly a few weeks ago that I ignored.

Really bizarre story.

Remember Forza has the drivatars so if you have played it online your gamertag will be forever associated with the game and your drivatars, so if someone picks the same or close to settings you have you could appear in there races

Remember Forza has the drivatars so if you have played it online your gamertag will be forever associated with the game and your drivatars, so if someone picks the same or close to settings you have you could appear in there races

I've never played Forza which was the main puzzling point.

But to be asked to play FIFA and not Forza then, a game I haven't even played in months (but do at least own)

I just don't see how somewhere in Forza my username is associated with FIFA :/.. Or maybe its not and he took a gamble I played it :/.

Be interested to hear if it happens to anyone else.

Thanks for the reply, that Drivater you mentioned must be the key in some way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭irishchris

Lads have brand new digital code copy of fifa for xbox one and just wondering what would be best place to sell this and what price do you guys think I should sell for? Any advice appreciated

With it constantly in sale id say you'd be getting 25-30 for it at this stage. I'd use eBay myself, don't bother with adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Was quiet handy at Fifa over the years, but haven't played much of it in the last year or two.

Started playing it regularly and wasn't very good.

But since I started touse triangle to pass my game has come on. Anyone else just use the triangle button? Or was I hiding under a rock since September. :confused:

• Advertisement

Triangle is through ball. Has been for as long as I can remember.

Haven't played seasons in ages. Since the patch actually, went back to pace whores. Can't be added with it. The passing game before Christmas was brilliant.

Advertisement