Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Ya I know but I don't use X anymore only triangle.

Was struggling to win games now I'm on a 18 unbeaten streak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

i just started career mode and signed several players, when do they actually arrive and can play? the players ive sold went but the guys i bought arent appearing in the squad yet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

i just started career mode and signed several players, when do they actually arrive and can play? the players ive sold went but the guys i bought arent appearing in the squad yet

If you've confirmed the deal, then the player should appear in your squad straight away

Have a look on youtube at a career mode video where someone completes a transfer to see if you've done it right

If you've confirmed the deal, then the player should appear in your squad straight away

Have a look on youtube at a career mode video where someone completes a transfer to see if you've done it right

:o

I wasn't actually accepting the offer, after finalizing the deal with the agent I wasn't pressing x to confirm ha

:o

I wasn't actually accepting the offer, after finalizing the deal with the agent I wasn't pressing x to confirm ha

I was hoping it was something as simple as that, glad it's sorted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Luap wrote: »
    Ya I know but I don't use X anymore only triangle.

Was struggling to win games now I'm on a 18 unbeaten streak.

You may have just discovered a strategy! Every FIFA is full of opportunities that allow the player to exploit some gaps left by poor programming or just in the engine's build, enabling players to "break" the game for their benefit.

That's the thing I always found infuriating about FIFA (and why I'm back beating the PES drum this year); every iteration of FIFA includes minor tweaks in gameplay that are designed to eliminate the previous years' gaps, but in the process these tweaks then create gaps in other places.

It's time EA re-create/build a new engine to try and stop such gameplay issues from arising again, and hopefully develop a more organic and real-to-life footballing experience. This element of FIFA has been decline ever since FIFA 12, and really the thing that has keeps people playing FIFA is a combination of its outstanding presentation (inc. licences, commentary, stadiums, etc.) which is what FIFA has always been good at, refined game modes, yearly buyer impulse, and Konami's inability to market PES properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I also rarely ever use X to pass anymore. It's always through balls for me and they're fairly accurate 90% of the time

Nailz wrote: »
    You may have just discovered a strategy! Every FIFA is full of opportunities that allow the player to exploit some gaps left by poor programming or just in the engine's build, enabling players to "break" the game for their benefit.

That's the thing I always found infuriating about FIFA (and why I'm back beating the PES drum this year); every iteration of FIFA includes minor tweaks in gameplay that are designed to eliminate the previous years' gaps, but in the process these tweaks then create gaps in other places.

It's time EA re-create/build a new engine to try and stop such gameplay issues from arising again, and hopefully develop a more organic and real-to-life footballing experience. This element of FIFA has been decline ever since FIFA 12, and really the thing that has keeps people playing FIFA is a combination of its outstanding presentation (inc. licences, commentary, stadiums, etc.) which is what FIFA has always been good at, refined game modes, yearly buyer impulse, and Konami's inability to market PES properly.

Id say Fifas biggest draw is online, its pretty flawless, konami is pathetic when it comes to online play.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Flawless is too strong of a work. Its good. Its far from perfect, it doesn't play like a real game at all, whereas pro offline is very similar to real life teams.

You can simply dribble into the goals on Fifa since the patch, very disappointing as it was good before hand.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Flawless is too strong of a work. Its good. Its far from perfect, it doesn't play like a real game at all, whereas pro offline is very similar to real life teams.

You can simply dribble into the goals on Fifa since the patch, very disappointing as it was good before hand.

it rarely lags, no delay and you always get a match, same can't be said for PES, really is no comparison.

If there is one thing in Fifa 16 that you can't do is walk it into the net, you could walk it past the keeper in 15 but not 16.

If PES could get their online up to scratch id play it no bother, its a better football simulator and overall more realistic experience offline I agree but the online is woeful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Yeah I agree FIFA's online component definitely has a leg-up over PES in terms of its actual functioning. PES online actually plays more smoothly than FIFA does I find once you get a connection, but that's IF you get a connection; this being the crux of the issue.

With that being said, I agree with RossieMan in that when you play FIFA online it's as if you use the rules of the video game itself and how it plays to beat your opponent, it's like you don't even have to know what you're doing in footballing terms.

With PES also, I was never actually interested in playing online, because the game and the actual playing of a match itself is so fun and captivating even offline that if feel no need to play against randomers online. I found with FIFA that I would mainly play online because I got bored with playing literally the same match over and over again against the computer. I understand though that may just be me, and some people would actually rather play online regardless. :pac:

Booted up 16 during the week after a long gap.

Basically played a week around launch and a few days maybe in February... Haven't even played a single game of clubs.

Got so fed up of it after a decent run of maybe 7-0-2 and decided to finally uninstall it.

Decided since I owned both 15 and 14 digitally I'd try one of them, 14 with a dead player base meant I installed 15.

It's one of the rare years when an older FIFA is better than the newest one.

16 is just complete tripe.
    You cant cross it anymore, ditto for corners as the keeper claims everything and the new passing mechanics mean you'll cheaply turn it over playing a smart game so the onus is on the quick counter attacker getting a wobbly sprint at a retreating back line.

Getting rid of the L1 dribble stop and putting in the no touch dribble was a terrible decision as well. It was far more beneficial having closer control than a worthless gimmick.

You can keep possession in 15 and cross corners/general.... Those two facets alone make it far more enjoyable than 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Agree with the whole crossing/corners thing. Near impossible to get someone on the end of any of them...most of the time it ends in the keepers hands or out for a goal kick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

corners are a waste of time putting the ball in the box

just pass it to a player yards outside the box and let him shoot and more than likely score or work the keeper

• Registered Users Posts: 19,277 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

You have to bend corners away from the goalie with the left stick.

Sometimes they work, but the vast majority of the time they don't.

Like real life, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I find with the crossing it's extremely easy to score if you can avoid the keeper, especially if you have a striker hanging back around the penalty spot. It's either hands or a goal 90% of the time I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,277 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Depends on what the striker is good at.

I've built Benteke up with headers and vollies in training. If I play him he's usually pretty good at getting on the end of a corner or a cross.

Still most set pieces end up a dead end. As they should do.

But it's great when it goes in.

• Administrators Posts: 53,799 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Does anyone actually use the no touch dribble thing?

Very hard to score from corners too, if you put the ball too close to the 18 yard line you'll probably not have enough power on the header, too close in and the keeper will come for it. Crossing from wide rarely works too as strikers rarely bust a gut to get on the end of anything.

Would be interested to know if anyone has the player count in seasons on Xbox One at 12am these days.

There's over 800 on FIFA 15 tonight.

Surely 16 couldn't be much more?.
    That seems exceptionally high to me for such an old sports title and 16 is in the vault now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭DamienDarts

Hi lads,
    How do I change my online user name in Fifa?
    The day I bought the Xbox one I just set it up as fast as I could so we could play it and now my name is UnitiveEmu2563....
    Any ideas?

• Advertisement

Hi lads,
    How do I change my online user name in Fifa?
    The day I bought the Xbox one I just set it up as fast as I could so we could play it and now my name is UnitiveEmu2563....
    Any ideas?

http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/change-xbox-live-gamertag

• Administrators Posts: 53,799 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

You only get to change it once for free so pick carefully. Any more changes and you have to pay.

I'm back again, I'm new to the online side of FIFA.
    When I turn the Xbox one on I'm getting the message.
    We were unable to get your latest saved data.
    Try again or use this game or app offline.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks again

Edit.
    The same message is coming for Netflix aswell so it's an Xbox one problem?

I'm back again, I'm new to the online side of FIFA.
    When I turn the Xbox one on I'm getting the message.
    We were unable to get your latest saved data.
    Try again or use this game or app offline.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks again

Edit.
    The same message is coming for Netflix aswell so it's an Xbox one problem?

Are you sure you're properly connected to the internet ? Wired connection if possible is the best, the wifi in these consoles isn't the best

I'm not on Xbox myself so maybe someone else here might have experienced it before

• Registered Users Posts: 29,835 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Thinking of picking this up for 20 euro. Not big into soccer so never get the new Fifa's, usually just get them on discount. Would only play the Player Career mode and wanted to check if it's more or less the same as the Fifa 15 career mode or anything new in it? Was great starting in the Airtricity League to build up stats before moving onto the Premiership. Was gonna get the new Dino Dini's Kick Off but this is only a tenner more on the PSN atm and might be better value :) Thanks.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Thinking of picking this up for 20 euro. Not big into soccer so never get the new Fifa's, usually just get them on discount. Would only play the Player Career mode and wanted to check if it's more or less the same as the Fifa 15 career mode or anything new in it? Was great starting in the Airtricity League to build up stats before moving onto the Premiership. Was gonna get the new Dino Dini's Kick Off but this is only a tenner more on the PSN atm and might be better value :) Thanks.

The only thing new in career mode is player training, which is training that gives boosts for specific stats. Other than that, it's pretty much the same career mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,835 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

And is there any national tourney that comes up in career? I read fifa don't have rights to the euros so is it just every 4 years (in-game) for the world cup?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    And is there any national tourney that comes up in career? I read fifa don't have rights to the euros so is it just every 4 years (in-game) for the world cup?

Think they have the European championship (Euros) as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Bought this a month ago and I cannot believe how awful it is. The defending is just impossible, between trying to switch players and turning around is a nightmare. Worst Fifa I have played in years.

Advertisement