Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Lol ya I hate when they take control of the ball especially when the likes of Ronaldo is rushing towards them

I hate not knowing or having a choice what to do. I'd be ok with them controlling it if I 100% knew he was gonna do it but also had the choice to smash it away

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Another thing I wish they would sort out is the connection issue. I'd say 7 games out of 10 are Lagg for me in fifa 15. Turns me off playing online tbh

This is the first year I'm not even bothered about FIFA.
    I wont be buying it blindly while counting down the days and I certainly won't be buying a digital copy again.
    F15 would have been sold months ago had I the means to ship it on.

I loaded it up Friday to play and just uninstalled after one game.
    There was a period where 5 consecutive tackles saw the ball return to my opponent, that was the last straw.
    One of the producers spoke in a video about how that was something they changed this year and it's just complete lies or else points to momentum/scripting.

20 odd years of football simulations yet someone can still bang a short pass out of a packed box right to the strikers toe.

Until that's fixed I cant be bothered as I always play it short in view or long ball out and you never get credit for playing correct as the defenders will pick up that ball yet blind ground passes will work.
    awec wrote: »
    Also I like the way the current pace / direction of the ball has an impact when you are passing it but at the moment it feels like the weight of the pass is completely random at times. I could tap the pass button and my player will ping it really hard, or I could hold it in and he'll tap it. Just needs refined.

This is really bad this year.

To make it worse, you had it in the older games.
    Now its like playing a PS1 football game as the ball fires off from any sort of button press.

Same for the through balls, I spent the whole time switching from manual to auto... Auto would run through to the keeper constantly regardless of power and for manual you could put it too far off direction wise.
    They got very little right this year.

FIFA13 was great, 14 took a big slide and they somehow managed to make 15 even worse than 14 which was pretty rubbish itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Another thing I wish they would sort out is the connection issue. I'd say 7 games out of 10 are Lagg for me in fifa 15. Turns me off playing online tbh

Seems like the weekends are really bad. Tried earlier and it was very laggy.

• Administrators Posts: 53,799 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

MarkY91 wrote: »
    I rarely get frustrated with player switching tbh.

I hate when your keeper comes out and you've no idea if he's gonna blast the ball into the crowd or take control of it leaving you to dodge the attacker after you're expecting him to clear it.

Or when your keeper runs out to get the ball, but decides half way there that he's not going to run any more and stands in no mans land. :mad:

• Advertisement

Does it ever happen anyone else where your keeper gets chipped while he's standing on his line and just watches the ball go over is head and does nothing about it ??

Does it ever happen anyone else where your keeper gets chipped while he's standing on his line and just watches the ball go over is head and does nothing about it ??

Yes.

Or else he'll wait until the very last second before doing this crazy last ditch save, instead of just catching it really easily.

More on keepers. Balls rolling out for a goal kick, he can easily simply pick it up or make an easy dive to pick it up and kick/throw it out. But no..He watches it go out then we have to do s goal kick. Annoying when you're rushing for a goal

More on keepers. Balls rolling out for a goal kick, he can easily simply pick it up or make an easy dive to pick it up and kick/throw it out. But no..He watches it go out then we have to do s goal kick. Annoying when you're rushing for a goal

Does the same if it's going out for a corner ha

Does the same if it's going out for a corner ha

That's right. All little annoyances that equal a big problem. Bit I still love the game year after year

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    Yes.

Or else he'll wait until the very last second before doing this crazy last ditch save, instead of just catching it really easily.

It's happening me too much lately. I'm also sick of playing real Madrid and barca every single game. I havent played an English team in months. I play with chelsea and I think Juve, dortmund etc would be a fair match up. The 2 Spanish teams are away too good to be playing against every game

That's right. All little annoyances that equal a big problem. Bit I still love the game year after year

Same as myself I can't stop buying and playing it every year even tho it stresses the **** out me

It's happening me too much lately. I'm also sick of playing real Madrid and barca every single game. I havent played an English team in months. I play with chelsea and I think Juve, dortmund etc would be a fair match up. The 2 Spanish teams are away too good to be playing against every game

I think Chelsea are too good for any team outside of barca, real, bayern. It's up to you to hang teams to get different opponents IMO.

I stopped playing as 5 star teams cause I got fed up of playing against the two big spanish teams.

Drop down to 4 or 4.5 stars and you won't get matched with them, just be prepared to play against Arsenal every other game though instead! :)

I've learned how to play against them at this stage I'm winning most than loosing now but it would be nice to play different teams now and then. I don't wana play with any other team tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

They only thing I'll ask to be improved is the replay/cut scene joke.

The amount of replays/slow motion celebrations and **** that you can leave go after you score is ridiculous, you should be able to turn off the other persons celebrations.

The only mode I play is online seasons so if this isn't addressed in this version then I wont be buying it, its a deal breaker for me as more than 90% of people you play against online are dickheads.

They only thing I'll ask to be improved is the replay/cut scene joke.

The amount of replays/slow motion celebrations and **** that you can leave go after you score is ridiculous, you should be able to turn off the other persons celebrations.

The only mode I play is online seasons so if this isn't addressed in this version then I wont be buying it, its a deal breaker for me as more than 90% of people you play against online are dickheads.

THATS your deal breakr? i doubt its more than 90%. there are a fair few dickheads sure but just accept the 3 replays will take a few seconds extra and be detirmined to beat him because of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

THATS your deal breakr? i doubt its more than 90%. there are a fair few dickheads sure but just accept the 3 replays will take a few seconds extra and be detirmined to beat him because of it

It is my deal breaker. As I said I only play seasons and in my experience most people are knobs, It takes a lot more than a couple of seconds too, the initial long celebration then the slow motions ones and finally the walk to the kickoff and then if he doesn't press x you have to wait more time for the ref to finally blow, before you can kickoff, Pes has the right idea.

Keeper AI would be another nice fix.

It is my deal breaker. As I said I only play seasons and in my experience most people are knobs, It takes a lot more than a couple of seconds too, the initial long celebration then the slow motions ones and finally the walk to the kickoff and then if he doesn't press x you have to wait more time for the ref to finally blow, before you can kickoff, Pes has the right idea.

its annoying but 90% of people dont do what you mentioned above. more like 10%. well in my experience anyway. theyre just giving me an oppertunity to respond to whatsapp messages anyway so i guess thats why it doesnt annoy me as much as you

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Think that it should be that either person can hit "skip" after the first replay. Let someone celebrate and watch their first replay, but then let the other guy have the chance to move on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Ah but there's nothing sweeter than going a goal or 2 down to someone like that then coming back and making them sit and watch your winnner, especially if its a tap in or scruffy goal!

I don't mind someone watching all the replay angles if it's a great goal.

If they watch the cutscene of the scorer walking back for kick off I just assume they're a dick though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 elprincipito

Too much enfasis here on online. Fix the game first, goalkeepers especially. Too easy to round them and also why are they all so quick, they always get to some lofted through ball even if a speed deamon is going through on goal. That should be a GK attribute, how well they 'sweep'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Anyone know if I preorder this will I be able to preload a few days before release? Want to buy the digitial function but my connection is crap so will take few days to fully load, obv want to play on release day.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Anyone know if I preorder this will I be able to preload a few days before release? Want to buy the digitial function but my connection is crap so will take few days to fully load, obv want to play on release day.

Yeah, definitely will pre-load. If you have an American account, you can start the download on Sunday night and you'll be able to play the full game on Tuesday morning, instead of the Friday release in Ireland. FIFA 15 file size wasn't too big at all so anywhere north of 4mb will have it downloaded by release day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

martyos121 wrote: »
    Yeah, definitely will pre-load. If you have an American account, you can start the download on Sunday night and you'll be able to play the full game on Tuesday morning, instead of the Friday release in Ireland. FIFA 15 file size wasn't too big at all so anywhere north of 4mb will have it downloaded by release day.

Would it also be available for preload on Irish accounts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Most frustrating aspects of Fifa are when you're playing a team and they're winning in Career
    - no matter what way they slide in or what way you're facing - they get the ball ALL the time. Especially true in the last 15 mins of the game.

-how fast some players can turn like CB's and how comfortable they are on the ball at times like this as well. God it's so frustrating.

And when they're losing how every pass you make goes straight to them, you try to hack them down etc and you can't. they ultimately score in the 90th min due to a GK/Defender mix up. Has happened SOOO many times. Thinking of trying PES this year being honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Most frustrating aspects of Fifa are when you're playing a team and they're winning in Career
    - no matter what way they slide in or what way you're facing - they get the ball ALL the time. Especially true in the last 15 mins of the game.

-how fast some players can turn like CB's and how comfortable they are on the ball at times like this as well. God it's so frustrating.

And when they're losing how every pass you make goes straight to them, you try to hack them down etc and you can't. they ultimately score in the 90th min due to a GK/Defender mix up. Has happened SOOO many times. Thinking of trying PES this year being honest.

point one and three are wrong and you know it. You're just frustrated cos you're losing

Too much emphasis here on online.

And so there should be, football is a game best replicated between human minds. Doesn't work great against an AI.

Also to fix the games issues it needs to be co ordinated with online/human games as they highlight issues with the game itself.

I'd seriously hold my breath about anything major happening after 14 and 15.
    Like NBA 2k, as long as they keep producing for the older consoles then the fair is going to be "more of the same".

I don't expect anything major from any of these titles until they drop the older versions and concentrate on the next gen exclusively.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

stephenl15 wrote: »
    point one and three are wrong and you know it. You're just frustrated cos you're losing

Nope, happens alot if they're chasing a goal as well. I generally start leagues with the worst team in the league so I know I'm going to lose a fair few games until the team etc gets better.

Advertisement