Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

New features announced for career mode including pre-season tournaments (with unlimited subs), manual player training, signing free agents outside the transfer window and more:

https://www.easports.com/fifa/news/2015/fifa-16-career-mode

Also they've announced 9 new stadiums:

https://www.easports.com/fifa/news/2015/fifa-16-stadiums

EDIT: Vanishing spray is also in the game! :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

They're adding a "Draft Mode" to Ultimate Team.

Each time you create a Draft - which requires a small fee to enter - you're assigned a random set of players for each position on the team, before taking them onto the pitch in a series of matches in order to win rewards.

Everything in the mode, from team formations and the manager through to each and every position on the field and subs bench, presents you with five options to choose from.

As the roster unfolds, players have to balance what they've already chosen against what could come up next in a bid to unlock the best overall chemistry.

From there, the team is taken online or against the computer in a series of games. After four matches, win or lose, players gain rewards for entering.

The better you perform, the more premium packs and currency you'll get, but even poor performances will net players something to help cover their entry fee.

Players buy into Draft mode by spending in-game coins, FIFA points or a new currency named draft tokens, which are provided through new packs.

According to EA, Draft mode should provide a condensed taste of the larger game, allowing you to sample the best players and try out unique strategies without having to commit to opening countless packs year-round.

Not everyone gets the chance to use Ronaldo in Ultimate Team, but in Draft mode, it's now very much possible.

"We've spent years building Ultimate Team to be a mode you can play for the entire year, becoming incredibly fun and engaging for those who play for 12 months.

"But sometimes, for some people, that is just a bit too much commitment, and it takes a long time to get where you want to go and change the team the way you want.

"So we wanted to have something that would distil the essence of FIFA Ultimate Team - all the fun of team building, all the decision making around, 'Are you going to build the best players or the best chemistry?'"

Source Here

I actually really like the sounds of that...team building without the annoyance of consumables. Hopefully the "small fee" is actually small...

Fratton Park??

Weird choice of stadium to include.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I actually really like the sounds of that...team building without the annoyance of consumables. Hopefully the "small fee" is actually small...

It's 15,000 coins, but even if you lose your first match, you get at least that much back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Fratton Park??

Weird choice of stadium to include.

Somebody who worked with them died recently and he was a Portsmouth fan so it's in as a tribute to him. There is a wreath of flowers behind one of the goals I think just like they did in real life for him. Nice touch I thought

• Advertisement

Somebody who worked with them died recently and he was a Portsmouth fan so it's in as a tribute to him. There is a wreath of flowers behind one of the goals I think just like they did in real life for him. Nice touch I thought

Ah cool, didnt know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

All the hoohah about career mode and I bet Championship, League 1 & 2 teams will still have the same badges if they get promoted to the Premier League.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,159 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

J. Marston wrote: »
    All the hoohah about career mode and I bet Championship, League 1 & 2 teams will still have the same badges if they get promoted to the Premier League.

Well of course that is all to do with kit license nothing they can do about that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Few nice additions there. Just small things that make the game better each year. Hopefully the gameplay is great. I always moan about it at the start each year then end up liking it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

martyos121 wrote: »
    New features announced for career mode including pre-season tournaments (with unlimited subs), manual player training, signing free agents outside the transfer window and more:

https://www.easports.com/fifa/news/2015/fifa-16-career-mode

I'm happy they're catering more for Pre-Season. What I wish they would do, and I have doubts that it will be implemented, is when you play a pre-season match to not have the opposing team come at you with full strength. I see pre-season as a means of building up experience for less-experienced players in my squad and sadly, I've just forced myself to sim through the pre-season in past FIFA games because it's just annoying to go against teams that use their best players in a friendly match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Lads, haven't been on this forum much lately, but I did have the chance to play FIFA 16 in Guildford last week, and honestly I really enjoyed my time with the game, like, more than in a long time.

What I played wasn't a demo, it was a full game on an almost complete build, as in, I had access to all teams and most modes (I played FUT Draft for a bit, loved it) and played full length matches against other lads who knew how to play FIFA.

I'll be doing a full preview for Balls.ie tomorrow, and I'd like to know if you guys have any questions you want answered about FIFA 16, and I'll do my best to answer from my experience with the game. I played about 12 matches in total and got a good feel for it after a few hours.

Fire away. I'll get back as quick as I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Lads, haven't been on this forum much lately, but I did have the chance to play FIFA 16 in Guildford last week, and honestly I really enjoyed my time with the game, like, more than in a long time.

What I played wasn't a demo, it was a full game on an almost complete build, as in, I had access to all teams and most modes (I played FUT Draft for a bit, loved it) and played full length matches against other lads who knew how to play FIFA.

I'll be doing a full preview for Balls.ie tomorrow, and I'd like to know if you guys have any questions you want answered about FIFA 16, and I'll do my best to answer from my experience with the game. I played about 12 matches in total and got a good feel for it after a few hours.

How did keepers play ? At times they are near broken in 15

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Has keeper Ai improved would be my main one.
    How's the dribbling compared to last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

You're a gent!

Don't worry if you can't answer all of these, but a few from the top of my head:

- How did you find dribbling, and players first touch, etc? I have found it to be rather clunky since they left FIFA 13, which I thought was fairly smooth, and moved to '14 and '15.
    - Player switching. I always use analog, but I found it temperamental last year at times.
    - Passing, in particular lob through balls. Does it feel the same as old?
    - Any obvious exploits already? Such as crosses and headers in 12, or lob through balls after 1-2s etc.
    - Those painful penalty decisions of old where your defender goes ham for no reason, or the ref just decides he's giving a penalty for something ridiculous. See any of those?

Cheers!

Have they added in a coin toss or any way of choosing which end to attack? It's a small one but a killer for Liverpool fans never being able to attack the Kop in the 2nd half.

Would love to hear more about the draft mode. It seems as if its a way to avoid the same run of pace abuse and super teams, as well as a chance to try players you wouldn't usually. Any information about it would be super :)

martyos121 wrote: »
    It's 15,000 coins, but even if you lose your first match, you get at least that much back.

Reading up more, it seems you get at least the equivalent back, which most people are taking as "if you lose your first game, you'll get two 7.5k packs, rather than your 15k coins back into hand".

Which seems fine if you were going to pump the 15k into packs; now you have a chance to get a few extras before you open the packs. But it's going to suck for people who tend to avoid packs :/

Reading up more, it seems you get at least the equivalent back, which most people are taking as "if you lose your first game, you'll get two 7.5k packs, rather than your 15k coins back into hand".

Which seems fine if you were going to pump the 15k into packs; now you have a chance to get a few extras before you open the packs. But it's going to suck for people who tend to avoid packs :/

So if I have 15k and plan to use it on packs. It makes sense to play draft games until I lose?

Yeah I think I misread the details alright, I prefer buying packs so this is a cool feature IMO, especially since it gives you the chance to try out players you could never afford.

MarkY91 wrote: »
    So if I have 15k and plan to use it on packs. It makes sense to play draft games until I lose?

Seems that way, yeah. By the looks of it, if you lose your first game, you'll get two packs anyway, so if you're a pack buyer, it's a chance to get a bit extra.

(Thats not confirmed, btw. Just seems to be what the wording is suggesting).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 jurassic fart

I have read that many of the new features will not be available on ps3??could you please let me know if this is true...thanks

*waiting impatiently for fifa 16 demo release date*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

every year I promise I won't go near the demo, it's just 2 weeks until the real game I tell myself every year it comes out, every year I download it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

https://www.easports.com/fifa/news/2015/fifa-16-fratton-park-and-simon-humber

Just a small article on why it was included :)

Very nice touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/08/04/gamescom-2015-play-fifa-16-demo-first-on-xbox-one

September 17th on Xbox One and sometime after on PS4 (assume its on the 22nd with the PS store update)

Barely any time between it and the games release.

:(

Surprising nobody linked any gameplay from Gamescon.

There was an IGN video with a full game featuring commentary with one of the developers/producers.

Have to say, it looks WAY too much like 15.
    Didn't look any different at all tbh.
    Could be the most underwhelming FIFA ever.

Maybe they should have took that year off after 13 when they had something worth keeping instead of ruining what worked and re-jigging it.

I think PES is at least a possibility for me this year, 14 and 15 have been less a realistic experience than 08 was.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I heard some of the skill moves aren't as effective and a lot slower to execute...... that's particularly a concern as the two I use move often seem to be the two effected!

Hopefully that's not true!

v3ttel wrote: »
    I heard some of the skill moves aren't as effective and a lot slower to execute...... that's particularly a concern as the two I use move often seem to be the two effected!

Which ones? Please not the ronaldo chop or mcgeady spin! :(

v3ttel wrote: »

As someone who never uses skill, this delights me. I detest coming up against people who spam skill moves to an obnoxious degree so am grateful they are doing something to fix it

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,799 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The spin skill move is way overpowered. Players can do three or four in a row to skip around tackles which is just complete nonsense.

Advertisement