Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

awec wrote: »
    The spin skill move is way overpowered. Players can do three or four in a row to skip around tackles which is just complete nonsense.

The biggest one for me is the chop, too easy to do and very effective cutting inside off the wing. Wins me lots of matches but it needs to be changed for the sake of fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I mainly use 2 skills moves. The simple yet devastating quick press of square and X while changing direction.

And the one with the right stick you press it to your left or right then forward..

Both are devastating

• Administrators Posts: 53,799 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

MarkY91 wrote: »
    I mainly use 2 skills moves. The simple yet devastating quick press of square and X while changing direction.

And the one with the right stick you press it to your left or right then forward..

Both are devastating

Is the first one you mention not just a dummy cross?

Skill moves involve using the right stick I think.

awec wrote: »
    Is the first one you mention not just a dummy cross?

Skill moves involve using the right stick I think.

A fake shot I think. Not a "skill" move but it's just as effective. I can't justify enough how much it aids alot of my attacks.

A fake shot I think. Not a "skill" move but it's just as effective. I can't justify enough how much it aids alot of my attacks.

Same man, have you tried doing the same with a 4 star skiller and holding L2 while you do it? Turns the fake shot into a chop, even more effective.

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    Same man, have you tried doing the same with a 4 star skiller and holding L2 while you do it? Turns the fake shot into a chop, even more effective.

Yeah I know that but haven't did it much. I feel that having to press L2 makes it longer to do

Yeah I know that but haven't did it much. I feel that having to press L2 makes it longer to do

It becomes second nature after a while, rarely do it any other way now. Great for winning penalties also.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Sorry for the delay in getting back to these, my preview of FIFA should be going up on Balls.ie tomorrow and I'll link it here for a bit more depth on my experience.
    How did keepers play ? At times they are near broken in 15

I played 12/13 games and I only saw one moment of keeper bull**** and it didn't result in a goal. I don't want to say keepers are fixed, as I played FIFA 15 early and didn't notice many as many mistakes although there were a few, it didn't feel like as much of a problem in FIFA 16.
    sugarman wrote: »
    Have the sorted out, or at least improved off side?

And also, the ref blowing up mid attack?

I commented once to my opponent on a decent advantage being played, but I get the impression that there haven't been big changes in either area.
    Has keeper Ai improved would be my main one.
    How's the dribbling compared to last year.

Answered the keepers above but dribbling felt fantastically balanced. You can still carry the ball long distances with good dribblers but the defending is much more fair if you get my drift. It's far harder to slice through, you have to be smarter with your dribbling.
    Knex. wrote: »
    You're a gent!

Don't worry if you can't answer all of these, but a few from the top of my head:

- How did you find dribbling, and players first touch, etc? I have found it to be rather clunky since they left FIFA 13, which I thought was fairly smooth, and moved to '14 and '15.
    - Player switching. I always use analog, but I found it temperamental last year at times.
    - Passing, in particular lob through balls. Does it feel the same as old?
    - Any obvious exploits already? Such as crosses and headers in 12, or lob through balls after 1-2s etc.
    - Those painful penalty decisions of old where your defender goes ham for no reason, or the ref just decides he's giving a penalty for something ridiculous. See any of those?

Cheers!

Dribbling is great, first touch is slow but realistic, the emphasis this year is clearly on passing in midfield and the first touches allow for a bit more time and control in that area. Definite improvement to both for me.

Player switching is the same.

Lofted through balls are dead. I'm confident enough to say it, the LB+Y simply won't work if you spam it all game. The animation is different, you can still play a lofted through ball, but only if it is clearly on and there is space in front, otherwise the defenders cut it out. Interceptions are absolutely huge in FIFA 16, passing has to be much safer.
    Have they added in a coin toss or any way of choosing which end to attack? It's a small one but a killer for Liverpool fans never being able to attack the Kop in the 2nd half.

No, there's no coin toss.
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    Would love to hear more about the draft mode. It seems as if its a way to avoid the same run of pace abuse and super teams, as well as a chance to try players you wouldn't usually. Any information about it would be super :)

You've probably learned a lot more about FUT Draft since u asked this so I'll just say it's a chance to use all sorts of different players you normally couldn't or wouldn't, it makes FUT so much more accessible for everyone, and it's a lot of fun.
    v3ttel wrote: »
    I heard some of the skill moves aren't as effective and a lot slower to execute...... that's particularly a concern as the two I use move often seem to be the two effected!

Hopefully that's not true!

Skill moves are slower but are more realistic, if that makes sense. The animations seem more natural, but perhaps less explosive. I was winning in a lot of the games I played so I did dick about with the skills a bit, I don't think there'll be a problem.

Any more Q's fire away, just bear with me if I can't reply quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to these, my preview of FIFA should be going up on Balls.ie tomorrow and I'll link it here for a bit more depth on my experience.

Any more Q's fire away, just bear with me if I can't reply quickly.

Did you play any pro clubs at all. If you did was there any changes or improvements?

Any changes to online seasons?

• Advertisement

Did you play any pro clubs at all. If you did was there any changes or improvements?

I did not, but they gave us a presentation of new features and didn't mention any changes.
    Any changes to online seasons?

Again, nothing mentioned. That's not to say there won't be changes, but they didn't suggest any to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Which ones? Please not the ronaldo chop or mcgeady spin! :(

I've heard that the body feint and drag back are the two effected. I use the body feint a nice bit. It is super effective in certain situations. There have been some very tight games where a nice timed body feint has made the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Hey Mikey,

Do you feel the game is a worthwhile upgrade from FIFA 15 to warrant spending another €60-70 on, or would the lack of major innovation have you consider PES?

Cheers.

Hey Mikey,

Do you feel the game is a worthwhile upgrade from FIFA 15 to warrant spending another €60-70 on, or would the lack of major innovation have you consider PES?

Cheers.

Honestly I was impressed with FIFA 16, moreso than I have been in a number of years.

I also really likes PES 2015 and will 100% be getting both games, but I think FIFA fans should definitely try 16 before they quit the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Where is everyone preodering this? I've been fifa fan for years but just got sick of it last year and never bought Fifa 15. Going to preorder Fifa 16 though as i'm going to get back into it only problem is my usual go to for orders is amazon and the current exchange rate isnt very flattering to the euro.
    Its €74.99 in hmv which is too much so i might aswell go download only and get it on ps store for €69.99

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

jones wrote: »
    Where is everyone preodering this? I've been fifa fan for years but just got sick of it last year and never bought Fifa 15. Going to preorder Fifa 16 though as i'm going to get back into it only problem is my usual go to for orders is amazon and the current exchange rate isnt very flattering to the euro.
    Its €74.99 in hmv which is too much so i might aswell go download only and get it on ps store for €69.99

Tesco usually have the new releases for a good price. I reckon argos will have it cheaper than that aswel

Smyths and argos are usually the cheapest. Never ever pay 75 for a game..its a disgrace.

Get it for $60 on the U.S. PSN store and you get it three days early as well. You get it cheaper AND quicker, what more could ya want? :D

Get it for $60 on the U.S. PSN store and you get it three days early as well. You get it cheaper AND quicker, what more could ya want? :D

I miss when the euro was stronger and you would get it for like €44. It would be like €55 now or there about?

The 3 days early part is very tempting.

I miss when the euro was stronger and you would get it for like €44. It would be like €55 now or there about?

The 3 days early part is very tempting.

Yeah shame about the euro, but it's still a cheaper option, and the biggest benefit of buying digital is never having to swap the discs or putting any sort of strain of the disc drive. Digital will make your console last a lot longer from what I hear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I couldn't bare looking at the name Fifa Soccer 16 for the year, would drive me daft

Yeah shame about the euro, but it's still a cheaper option, and the biggest benefit of buying digital is never having to swap the discs or putting any sort of strain of the disc drive. Digital will make your console last a lot longer from what I hear.

I like to sell my games after use which is why I try to avoid digital

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I like to sell my games after use which is why I try to avoid digital
    For something like Fifa, which deprecates in value very rapidly, is that worth it?

miralize wrote: »
    For something like Fifa, which deprecates in value very rapidly, is that worth it?

Maybe not but the €20 or so I get for fifa 15 in a few weeks will come in handy for a nice takeaway lol.

I think I'll go digital this year for the early access.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Was anyone else invited to play the Beta? I'm downloading it now :)

Andy_rse wrote: »

Never even heard about it. I despise you, Andy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Never even heard about it. I despise you, Andy :D

It'll be 8 hrs downloading so won't be playing til after work tomorrow it looks like.

Got an email about a month ago saying to confirm if I'm interested in the beta and heard nothing else about it. Checked my email there and there was the code for the download. Should be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Andy_rse wrote: »

Just checked email, code there, sweet

Let us know what you guys think..loan me your ps4 login details while you're at it ha

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

With the exchange rate its not as much of a bargain. Also free packs have to be opened on your us account so they are a waste. That was the main annoying part for me.

Advertisement