Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Hey Guys,

My son has requested this for his birthday at the start of October. I'm not really a Fifa head but can anyone tell me where would be good value to pick it up before October hits? It needs to be a physical copy but I don't mind shopping online, I'm just really against shopping in Gamestop :D

Cheers!
    Red

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Wolfgang Megahertz

RedXIV wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

My son has requested this for his birthday at the start of October. I'm not really a Fifa head but can anyone tell me where would be good value to pick it up before October hits? It needs to be a physical copy but I don't mind shopping online, I'm just really against shopping in Gamestop :D

Cheers!
    Red

There's usually plenty of chat on here as release day approaches about where is doing it cheapest. Just keep an eye out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Amazon usually have a good intro offer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

RedXIV wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

Cheers!
    Red

Tesco day of release can be a good price. I've picked up a few fifa's on release day and they sell them a bit cheaper for the 1st day or 2, think they use it as a loss leader.

Its released 24th of september so if you head in that day you should get a copy at a decent price

• Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Cheers guys! appreciate it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Enjoying the game so far. Been playing seasons. Improved from last year, looks and feels slightly different.

Keepers seem improved.

AI actually try to win the ball instead of watching it roll by, one even slid to reach it. You can set the intensity of which they try to intercept in player instructions.

Passing and shooting is getting mixed reviews on the beta forums. Passing seems fine to me, some shots I've hit have been a bit weak, maybe they've tweaked something and I need to get used to it.

The no touch dribble will be good when you can use it effectively.

Fouls are inconsistent. One match I had nearly ever little thing was a foul (not exaggerating) the next match I don't think there was a free kick in it. My opponent gave away 2 very soft pens in my first match.

Sturridges celebration looks class and he now looks happy to score instead of whatever that was in 15.

The offside lines are back!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Andy_rse wrote: »
    Enjoying the game so far. Been playing seasons. Improved from last year, looks and feels slightly different.

Keepers seem improved.

AI actually try to win the ball instead of watching it roll by, one even slid to reach it. You can set the intensity of which they try to intercept in player instructions.

Passing and shooting is getting mixed reviews on the beta forums. Passing seems fine to me, some shots I've hit have been a bit weak, maybe they've tweaked something and I need to get used to it.

The no touch dribble will be good when you can use it effectively.

Fouls are inconsistent. One match I had nearly ever little thing was a foul (not exaggerating) the next match I don't think there was a free kick in it. My opponent gave away 2 very soft pens in my first match.

Sturridges celebration looks class and he now looks happy to score instead of whatever that was in 15.

The offside lines are back!!!!!

Any surprising player ratings or new player faces?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

martyos121 wrote: »
    Any surprising player ratings or new player faces?

player ratings aren't final, they're using the 15 ratings

player ratings aren't final, they're using the 15 ratings
    And last year's kits

And last year's kits

Can someone still counter attack with one cheesy ground pass from their packed box to the strikers toe?.
    (And connected) Do all the midfielders push to positions which makes said cheese even easier to exploit with lack of coverage?(ie defensive midfielders never staying back regardless of instructions/team tactics)

Those have been game breakers for me, just infuriating to dominate the ball and have 5 yard passes go astray and then they just power one blind pass and it's 2v4 with space to attack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Passing can be dodgy

Shirt tug in the box doesn't look like a dive anymore

Baines has FK Accuracy of 60 lol.... Furthermore, his penalties rating is 60 :(

Kits clashing still evident, Everton vs Man City both played in blue. Yellow Chelsea played against Howard in yellow.

I've saw about six penalties, four weren't even anywhere near fouls

Fouls in general are so inconsistent, yellows for nothing, then nothing but a telling off and a fk for near killing players with a slide tackle from behind

Opposition had a fk just inside my half, my team opted to stick a four man wall up, wtf?

Crossing from the byline, keepers have claimed everything so far :(

Added time, whether it's 1 or 3 or 5mins, it seems to be minimal if not non existent

- - I found the Seasons beta I was playing to be very 'frantic', pace is still a major factor but all in all I enjoyed it.

Edit: radar has disappeared quite a few times during games :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

When is the demo out? After a good showing from the PES demo, I'd like to see a much better game from Fifa this year, 15 was slightly rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Yakult wrote: »
    When is the demo out? After a good showing from the PES demo, I'd like to see a much better game from Fifa this year, 15 was slightly rubbish.

it's usually 2 weeks before the game comes out

• Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Yakult wrote: »

September 17th on Xbox One and sometime after on PS4 (assume its on the 22nd with the PS store update)

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/08/04/gamescom-2015-play-fifa-16-demo-first-on-xbox-one

Can someone still counter attack with one cheesy ground pass from their packed box to the strikers toe?.
    (And connected) Do all the midfielders push to positions which makes said cheese even easier to exploit with lack of coverage?(ie defensive midfielders never staying back regardless of instructions/team tactics)

Those have been game breakers for me, just infuriating to dominate the ball and have 5 yard passes go astray and then they just power one blind pass and it's 2v4 with space to attack.

I haven't fell victim to it yet whereas one game back at playing 15 this morning I was murdered by it. I noticed in the first few games I played that players weren't holding positions and Sakho thought he was an attacking midfielder for most of the game. Looks like its been fixed now tho.

I'm really liking the gameplay now in 16. Scored a couple nice goals with the help of no touch dribble and the new bullet pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I have to ask - as I know nothing of how game development works - with the problems that some of ye were facing during gameplay, do ye think these are liable to be fixed by the time it comes out, or are EA going to just leave it there? "Right that's it done now" :confused:

EDIT: I didn't realize there was a beta release, so I think I found my answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

martyos121 wrote: »
    Get it for $60 on the U.S. PSN store and you get it three days early as well. You get it cheaper AND quicker, what more could ya want? :D

Yep i did this too, think it worked out as € 54.50. Plus I think Alex Morgan will be in the menus rather than Jordan Henderson.

About 56 euro on gameseek but you'd probably get it 2 days after release in Ireland compared to 3 days before with the US store.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Anyway other than US store to get it early?

Someone said the UT packs won't work on your irish account but then again, I never got anyone half decent except Joe Hart in the free pack promos. And I get bored of UT after a week anyways.

but I'd still want my packs lol

• Administrators Posts: 53,799 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Have they fixed career mode (is it still rubbish) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 shane lad

awec wrote: »
    Have they fixed career mode (is it still rubbish) ?

New features have been added like pre season tournaments and player training

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 shane lad

Does anyone know what's included in the xbox one fifa 16 bundle? I know there's free 1 month ea access, but is there a headset or hdmi cable?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

shane lad wrote: »
    Does anyone know what's included in the xbox one fifa 16 bundle? I know there's free 1 month ea access, but is there a headset or hdmi cable?

Yes

• Administrators Posts: 53,799 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

shane lad wrote: »

All consoles come with an hdmi and a headset.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

where is everyone getting this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

How much extra is the version with the 40 fut packs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

jones wrote: »
    where is everyone getting this?

I preordered the Deluxe version from Smyths for 79.99

If you run towards a camera man after you score it cuts to the camera and your player cleebrates in to it. I'm sure Gerrards camera kiss celebration is in there somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Liamalone wrote: »
    Opposition had a fk just inside my half, my team opted to stick a four man wall up, wtf?

That made me laugh. :P

Regarding "soft" fouls, this really needs to be kept for the full version. I hope they dont chicken out and revert it back.

In Fifa 14 and 15, you can wrestle and assault the opposition from start to finish and barely give up a single free kick....its ridiculous. If somebody wants to tackle like a moron, they should be punished for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

If you run towards a camera man after you score it cuts to the camera and your player cleebrates in to it. I'm sure Gerrards camera kiss celebration is in there somewhere.

Funnily enough it took me until last month to realise that if you celebrate near a cameraman in FIFA15 it zooms in the celebration from the cameras point of view.

This after playing the game for endless hours every week since launch and I never copped on when it happened.

:confused: D'oh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Funnily enough it took me until last month to realise that if you celebrate near a cameraman in FIFA15 it zooms in the celebration from the cameras point of view.

This after playing the game for endless hours every week since launch and I never copped on when it happened.

:confused: D'oh.

**** I need to try this

Advertisement