Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

MarkY91 wrote: »
    **** I need to try this

I honestly have no idea how I never copped it. There are always two cameraman next to the goals at Old Trafford, just run up and finish your celebration near them. Easiest place to do it!

I felt like a proper idiot that it took me so long to realise it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭irishchris

September 17th on Xbox One and sometime after on PS4 (assume its on the 22nd with the PS store update)

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/08/04/gamescom-2015-play-fifa-16-demo-first-on-xbox-one

Thats the full game 10 hour trial with EA access assuming you signed up through the us store.

Assume the demo will be out 2 weeks before this

• Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

irishchris wrote: »
    Thats the full game 10 hour trial with EA access assuming you signed up through the us store.

Assume the demo will be out 2 weeks before this

Ah brilliant, fingers crossed.

I thought it was crazy close to release date alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Plenty of gameplay videos now popping up on YouTube. I'm worried about how the passing with purpose is going to work. The body feint and drag back are now non-existent which displeases me greatly. One of those moves with the right timing was the difference between turning a draw into a win for me.

When used the right way the body feint was unbelievably good when someone was playing high pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Anyone here got the beta for FUT or career mode ? Got any comments on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Demo details

89KaTMy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

What does it mean Sept 8-10 th ? It will be available between those dates is it

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭da_hambo

Alright lads. I had the beta and played a few career games on it. Not much of a difference to be honest. The LB button now makes you do a weird kind of feint. The RB and pass now does a really driven pass. The flick pass has gone to LB and pass. Thats the only difference I could find! The kits were same as last season. I assume this will be sorted. The layout of career mode seemed exactly the same with no additions whatsoever. Over all...disappointing. Would have preferred a more intensive career manager mode. Maybe next year. Ill stick to 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

rottie 11 wrote: »
    What does it mean Sept 8-10 th ? It will be available between those dates is it

this is article from playstationtrophies about it.
    http://www.playstationtrophies.org/news/news-17078-FIFA-16-Demo-Launches-on-8th-September.html

EA Sports has slapped a date on the demo for FIFA 16, which will feature ten club teams to sample, as well as two National Women's Teams to pit against one another. It'll also give you the opportunity to check out two of the new stadiums.

Here's what you'll find in the FIFA 16 demo, when it launches for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC on 8th September:

Game Options

Kick-Off: jump onto the pitch and play a match. When starting the FIFA 16 Demo for the first time on PC, Xbox One, or PS4, you will begin at El Clasico, Real Madrid C.F. at home to FC Barcelona.
    FIFA Ultimate Team Draft: experience a brand new way to play - FUT Draft. Make careful decisions as you build a squad, then take them onto the pitch in an offline match.
    FIFA Trainer: everyone can Compete at a Higher Level in FIFA 16. Check out the FIFA Trainer, a new contextual training system, to pick up some new tips while playing Kick Off or FUT Draft.
    New Skill Games: while matches are loading you'll have a chance to try out six new skill games.
    Bundesliga Broadcast Presentation: experience authentic broadcast graphics on PC, Xbox One, and PS4 when Borussia Dortmund visits Borussia Mönchengladbach at BORUSSIA-PARK.
    Pick From Top Teams

Included in the demo are 10 top Club Teams and two Women’s Teams*, including the World Cup Champion, U.S. Women's National Team.

Clubs:

FC Barcelona
    Borussia Dortmund
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Chelsea FC
    Inter Milan
    Manchester City
    Paris Saint-Germain
    Real Madrid C.F.
    River Plate
    Seattle Sounders
    Women’s National Teams:

Germany
    United States
    Stadium Options

The FIFA 16 Demo will include your first chance to play in BORUSSIA-PARK and CenturyLink Field.

You'll be able to download the FIFA 16 demo on 8th September and play it until 10th September 2015. The full game launches on 22nd September 2015 in North America and Europe, before hitting the UK and Ireland on 24th September.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

A 2 day demo – are they serious?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

miralize wrote: »
    A 2 day demo – are they serious?

That's not the case. It will probably be available in the US on the 8th, Europe on the 9th, and the UK and Ireland on the 10th. You can keep it for good then.

A 2 day demo is just a short beta. A demo doesn't expire.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

8-10th are the release dates, the trophies website didnt cop this when they wrote the article. Its available from those dates onwards.

Actual EA sports article - https://www.easports.com/fifa/news/2015/fifa-16-demo

• Administrators Posts: 53,800 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The demo is generally crap anyway and doesn't really give you a feel for the actual RTM version of the game.

awec wrote: »
    The demo is generally crap anyway and doesn't really give you a feel for the actual RTM version of the game.

Every year I play the demo I think it'll be revolutionary to play online "finally a FIFA where cheesy players get their comeuppance"... Then you play the final release and it contains a number of issues which aid them even further.

Having EA Access ill just pass on the demo.
    I find it boring playing the AI in football games personally and I can play for 10 hours down the line to see how it goes against real players.

• Administrators Posts: 53,800 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

FIFA is an entirely different game between the online and offline modes in my experience.

The Fifa 16 player ratings might be up on sofifa.com tomorrow Friday, according to a thread on reddit it came out at the same time last year and in other years

https://www.reddit.com/r/FifaCareers/comments/3il4y5/sofifa_fifa_16_players/

First cards are out, 50-41. Few surprises, can't believe they gave Terry an 85, even though he does deserve it. Alaba at 85 will be well expensive. ML work rates for Toure will make him a liability at times

https://www.easports.com/fifa/news/2015/fifa-16-ratings-top-50

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Pace whores will love watfords new signing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

gotthebug wrote: »
    Pace whores will love watfords new signing

Ibarbo for those of you that don't know :(

Please let him be silver, he'll be worth 100k+ and will never be seen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Just checked Ibarbo's stats out of curiosity. He has 15 goals in 5 seasons and 21 career goals.

Guy should be bronze rated.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 shane lad

What are your thoughts on the xbox one 500gb FIFA 16 bundle? It's 370 euro in Smyths, no sign of it up on the Argos website yet. Anyone getting it? Btw is FIFA 16 released on the 24 or the 25 September in Ireland?
    Thanks in advance

shane lad wrote: »
    What are your thoughts on the xbox one 500gb FIFA 16 bundle? It's 370 euro in Smyths, no sign of it up on the Argos website yet. Anyone getting it? Btw is FIFA 16 released on the 24 or the 25 September in Ireland?
    Thanks in advance

Don't know anything about XBox bundles, but Fifa 16 is released in Ireland on Friday 25th September

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

Don't know anything about XBox bundles, but Fifa 16 is released in Ireland on Friday 25th September

EA have changed the release dates for UK which I'm guessing will count for Ireland too. Fifa is out on Thursday 24th now instead of Friday, I think they want the gap between US releases and UK releases to be smaller.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/08/07/ea-moves-uk-release-dates-to-align-with-mainland-europe

mailrewop wrote: »
    EA have changed the release dates for UK which I'm guessing will count for Ireland too. Fifa is out on Thursday 24th now instead of Friday, I think they want the gap between US releases and UK releases to be smaller.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/08/07/ea-moves-uk-release-dates-to-align-with-mainland-europe

Won't complain with that :pac:

£10 worth of fifa points free with fifa when you pre order through amazon, regular version, should get a few coins together between that and web app (if it works that is)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Will there be a shortage of copies when the game releases ? Don't think il bother pre ordering it this year

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Won't complain with that :pac:

£10 worth of fifa points free with fifa when you pre order through amazon, regular version, should get a few coins together between that and web app (if it works that is)

When would you receive the game through Amazon?

Wouldn't them fifa points only work on a UK account? Like with USA accounts

When would you receive the game through Amazon?

Wouldn't them fifa points only work on a UK account? Like with USA accounts

Release day, I emailed them a few weeks back, meant to post it here

http://snag.gy/4NUdn.jpg

I'm not too sure on whether it can only be used on a UK account, for all the coins you'll earn from £10 of fifa points it won't be too much hassle to transfer them to my main account

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Release day, I emailed them a few weeks back, meant to post it here

http://snag.gy/4NUdn.jpg

I'm not too sure on whether it can only be used on a UK account, for all the coins you'll earn from £10 of fifa points it won't be too much hassle to transfer them to my main account

That's handy. Would know s price including delivery in euro?

• Advertisement

That's handy. Would know s price including delivery in euro?

It's £44 which works out at ~€60 now. They don't take payment until the game is shipped, I dunno if you pay the exchange rate at what it is now or when it's dispatched, but it should be in or around €60

I've just emailed them about the pre order code, they're fairly prompt with replying so I'll post it up here when I get it

Advertisement