Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waiting lists - holles street

• 28-05-2015 2:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I've been referred to a gynaecologist in holles street for tests. Any idea what the waiting lists are- am I looking at weeks months or years?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Hi Sala, I started with Holles street, it was 4 months for initial apointment and then 3 months between appointments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

Thanks a mil. And what am I looking at. For a first appointment?? What do they do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Trying to recall... I went for bloods (day 3 and day 21 bloods - they are to check if you are ovulating, I also got test for rubella) this with my GP before our first appointment and my other half (OH) went for a semen analysis.

When you get in to the hospital go through reception and take a right, pass the canteen and there is a check in on your right (opposite the toilets), I rarely had long wait times. The nurse calls you first for height, weight and blood pressure. Then you go back to the waiting room and are called with your partner.

Our first appointment we discussed our "journey", so firstly its all about the woman, when you started your cycle, what your periods are like (I am very irregular so I found keeping a diary for a few weeks was very helpful, I noted things like the flow, pain levels, amount of days etc), have you had and previous children or pregnancies and how long you have been trying. The they asked my OH about his history... previous children, any injuries, any issues ejalution or getting an erection etc...

Then we went through the test results.. So I suppose pending your results will decide what happens next. For us there was nothing obvious, I had an internal exam (not much more than a smear) and then they put me on a low dose of clomid (even thought I was ovulating they said a low does would help regulate my cycle and predict when I was ovulating). They then send us away and I had to come in for 3 sets of day 3 and day 21 bloods. Our follow up appointment was 5 months away.

Hope this elps, but let me know if you have any questions :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

Thanks a mil! I got a scan that shows pco but my bloods are normal so I am dreading waiting months only for it to be a look at the results again and say they don't know. I hope they do some tests or something but I don't know what since I have had them all!

Advertisement