Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knife sharpener

• 28-05-2015 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

Anyone know of a place I can take my (kitchen)knives to be sharpened? I maintain them as best I can but I think some of them could do with some professional attention.

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

sorry to ask my question in here as well now.
    I recently thought about it and was wondering if you could get that sanding stone anywhere to do it on your own?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,053 ✭✭✭Doge

I picked up a Sabatier one in the household section of T.K. Maxx.

Picked up some great knives too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Doge wrote: »
    I picked up a Sabatier one in the household section of T.K. Maxx.

Picked up some great knives too.

A stone or a honing steel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

Yep lots of places have sharpners or if you know the local butcher call in and ask him to do it for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,120 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I've never found anyone in Cork that really knows how to properly sharpen knives.
    Any of the shoe menders/key cutters will grind an edge onto your knife but it's not really done properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

nerwen wrote: »
    Anyone know of a place I can take my (kitchen)knives to be sharpened? I maintain them as best I can but I think some of them could do with some professional attention.

Thanks! :)

Did you try Cork Sharpening Services? The certainly (used) have a place on Kevin st (off Barrack st) - tiny little shed - may be well gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭nerwen

Thanks for the tips all, will try them out. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Deise Musashi

I'm not in Cork but I can sharpen them if you'd like?

Advertisement