Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

social care jobs in san fransisco

Options
  • 28-05-2015 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

looking to do a small bit of research guys on seeing what is the craic with working in the social care area (disability preferably) around the west coast in san fransisco.

I worked in Boston Mass 15 years ago on a visa and loved it. Husband works for an american company and might be going over to work there in the new year and i just wanted to try and get some research into websites or who to contact about looking for work.

If anyone has any info regarding this it would be great. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,947 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Moved from Work and Jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

What kind of work are you looking for exactly? For example, aides/ paras for self-contained classrooms are always needed; contact local school district offices.

BTW, not all spousal visas for people whose spouses are on work visas allow the spouse to work too, so make sure yours does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

id be looking to work in the disability sector in the community possibly. would look into everything first and see what's available. ya we would be looking into sorting out a work visa for me also of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

mollybird wrote: »
    id be looking to work in the disability sector in the community possibly. would look into everything first and see what's available. ya we would be looking into sorting out a work visa for me also of course.

it doesn't quite work that way.

If your husband is coming over on the H1B visa, you will be coming in on H4 visa which does not allow you to work (there are some exceptions that have just come into law)

If your husband is coming in on the L1 visa, then you will be on the l2 status and allowed to work after 3 months (takes this long to process the EADS

Advertisement