Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crazy Odeon Cinema Prices

Options
  • 28-05-2015 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭

Haven't been to the cinema in a couple of years but just looked up San Andreas 3d in Blanch and a regular seat is 15:25, in Dundrum the same movie in 3d is 11:20 per adult. The only difference is that the Odeon calls itself i-sense 3d. Has anyone experienced this? Is it anything special to justify such a high price? I'm not particularly interested in this movie but it is the only thing on a time that suits me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭zizou_

I've been to see 2d films a few times in the I-sense screen. It's a much bigger screen than normal and the seats are a bit fancier. Main difference I noticed was the sound. Saw interstellar there and it was very loud - I liked it but OH thought it was too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Go see it in 2d on a Wednesday for €6.20

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Is it still mental busy on Wednesdays? We used to go on Mondays to get the loyalty card discount but that's gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

yes Wednesday is very busy all right. I think they have priced most people out of going on the weekends as I find it very quite when I do go on a weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

If you're a customer of 3 Ireland, you get half price Sun-Thurs tickets.
    Ask a mate to send you on a screenshot of the code if you need it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Forgot about the 3 thing. I started to sign up to it awhile back but didn't finish the process. Thanks for the reminder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Ah crap I only changed from 3 to Tesco Mobile two weeks ago!

We went a couple of weeks ago with the kids to see Home, it was a day time showing but the cinema was quiet enough at that time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

yes Wednesday is very busy all right. I think they have priced most people out of going on the weekends as I find it very quite when I do go on a weekend.

+1

Really only only go to the discounted times, shows any more. Love seeing films in the cinema. Its a different experience to home.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I went to the cinema yesterday (Sunday) at 2.10pm and paid €12.50!!!

Crazy money!

I think it's just Odeon. My friend is in Rathmines and the prices are far more reasonable (omniplex)

Anyone else think it's mad money?

I won't be going back there at any time except for the Wednesday special.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Threads Merged

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

amdublin wrote: »
    I went to the cinema yesterday (Sunday) at 2.10pm and paid €12.50!!!

Only ever used the family weekend special, 12.50 is a lot though

Advertisement