Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Certificate of Compliance Vs. Opinion on Compliance with Building Regulation

Options
  • 28-05-2015 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi All,
    I was hoping you can please assist in getting some clarity regarding a self-built house extension, below 40 sqm Exempt from planning that we are planning to build.
    I have got mixed information from different architects and surveyors and I am confused as to what documentation is required to ensure we won't have issues when selling the house.

I have been told that there are two types of Compliance with building regulations documentation available:
    1) - Opinion of compliance (is a visual inspection done at the end on completion)
    2) - Certificate of compliance (includes regular inspections during the work completion)
    both are very substantially different when it comes to fees that are charged and unless needed I would like to avoid any unnecessary expenditure given the funds availability restrictions.

From a selling point of view can you please advise if under the new regulations introduced in Mar-14 an Opinion on Compliance with building regulations (together with the Exempt Certificate from planning permission) is sufficient for a house extension that do not require planning permission or do we need to provide a full Certificate of Compliance with the building regulations to the buyer for the extension we are going to build?

Many thanks in advance for your assistance, much appreciated.

Regards,

Comments

Advertisement