Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account transfer times

Options
  • 28-05-2015 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭

I transferred a sum of money to my credit card on Tuesday morning. It left my current account immediately, but my credit card balance has yet to update. It should have done so yesterday according to your website.

When should my account balance update. I will be using my card for a large purchase so I need to know.

For curiousity where does it go? Why is a transfer between 2 of my own BOI accounts not immediate?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi dirtyden

Thanks for getting in touch here with your query.

Transfers made via Bank of Ireland 365 Online between Bank of Ireland current accounts are instant. As the Credit Card is a Bill, the time frame will differ. The funds are sent to a holding account and payment is then attached to the bill by reference to the credit card number.

When transferring funds on a banking day via Bank of Ireland 365, before the cut off time of 3.30 pm, it will reach the credit card the next banking day. If you would like to investigate the transfer, you can submit this query online while logged into your account. Please select the 'Online Service Desk facility' and then select 'Ask A Question' from the drop down menu. A representative will be happy to assist.

We hope the above information helps. Please feel free to get in touch with any further banking queries.

Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Its called an account on the 365 online system. I was not paying a bill I was transferring money into the account. A bill implies I owe money but that is not the case. I was simply transferring money between 2 accounts I have registered on 365 online. The credit card account is with bank of Ireland.

It has arrived today, three and a half days later so no issue any more in any case.

Advertisement