Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

super Everdrive woes

• 28-05-2015 7:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

Lads, can anyone throw me a bit of advice? I've done all that I thought I needed to do to get me everdrive set up, copied the os.smc file over to the root folder, but keep getting an error message.
    I know it should be childs play but I keep getting the same error message no matter how many times I delete the file and install a new one. This ever happen to anyone else? Me ceann is wrecked!

Comments

does it have to be a certain format?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,105 ✭✭✭Doge

What error message are you getting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

does it have to be a certain format?

The manual says FAT16 and FAT32 are supported, I checked earlier and it's definitely under one of them!

Doge wrote: »
    What error message are you getting?

Error 21: file not found sped/os/smc

Cant find it on google anywhere!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Relikk

Is it a v1 or a v2 ED?

Just to make sure, you've created the SPED folder and the OS.smc is inside that or did you just drop the OS.smc onto the root of the SD card?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Relikk wrote: »
    Is it a v1 or a v2 ED?

Just to make sure, you've created the SPED folder and the OS.smc is inside that or did you just drop the OS.smc onto the root of the SD card?

Yep what Relikk said, you need the SPED folder on the root. Then the OS.smc file inside.
    Post picture of the folder structure

Relikk wrote: »
    Is it a v1 or a v2 ED?

eddhorse wrote: »
    Yep what Relikk said, you need the SPED folder on the root. Then the OS.smc file inside.
    Post picture of the folder structure

Sounds like that would be the prognosis alright, will put the os.smc file in a folder tonight. Had friends over last night so didn't get a chance to tinker with it, but hopefully it's that simple.

Thanks fellas!
    butters_zpsjwhqhtca.jpg

Just to update, I only got to get on this today, it was as simple as you lads said, create an sped folder, stick the save file and the os.smc file in, good to go!
    Now what do I do with my games??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Relikk

You can put the games anywhere on the SD card. Standard practice is to create a "ROMs" folder and have individual folders for each letter (a single folder for 0-9, a folder each for A to Z).

Make sure the roms themselves are not zipped, also. Otherwise they won't show up in the OS browser.

I have a batch file that creates 0-Z folders that I can share to save you doing it 27 times.

I can paste the commands here if you like.

• Advertisement

Here it is anyways, might be handy for someone.

Just copy and paste the following into notepad and save it as anyname.bat

@echo off
    pause
    mkdir 0-9
    mkdir a
    mkdir b
    mkdir c
    mkdir d
    mkdir e
    mkdir f
    mkdir g
    mkdir h
    mkdir i
    mkdir j
    mkdir k
    mkdir l
    mkdir m
    mkdir n
    mkdir o
    mkdir p
    mkdir q
    mkdir r
    mkdir s
    mkdir t
    mkdir u
    mkdir v
    mkdir w
    mkdir x
    mkdir y
    mkdir z

Ha cheers, but i meant what will i do with my real carts, not rom files!

Advertisement