Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work boots

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Suckler wrote: »
    It was a good few years ago when I got my hands on some, I heard they hard hard to come by now alright. Have they changed in the last 10 odd years?

Nope. Good boot but hard to get them with the way the army is. Gonna try to get a new pair before I leave

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Suckler

Reggie. wrote: »
    Nope. Good boot but hard to get them with the way the army is. Gonna try to get a new pair before I leave

There are rumors that there were steel toe versions in existence...hens teeth for IDF guys to get them never mind scroungers like me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Redback dealer safety boots. Think they were €120, good value for money at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Suckler wrote: »
    There are rumors that there were steel toe versions in existence...hens teeth for IDF guys to get them never mind scroungers like me!

There are. Only artillery units get them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Sportsdirect have a brilliant variety of work boots and work shoes I got a pair of Dunlop safety shoes for €30 last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Those of ye that order online, how do ye find sizes?. Have shoes here that differ in size by a size and both fit, even some from the same brand that differ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭lab man

Mooooo wrote:
    Those of ye that order online, how do ye find sizes?. Have shoes here that differ in size by a size and both fit, even some from the same brand that differ

Fecking disaster ordered cofra boots here sent back twice now I'm at a loss of 150 euro with postal charges etc, bulling

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Resurrecting this old thread. I'm in the market for a pair of boots. Lace boots is what I want. I have a pair of Steel Blue boots but I find them to heavy and awkward. Thinking of going back to No Risk boots. Does anyone have suggestions? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭kk.man

I prefer the no risk ones myself. It's hardship enough around the yard without carrying weight. If you look on the rag Connaught Agri have very popular ones...I didn't try then myself tbh but when my present ones wear I'll give those a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Packrat

I'm gone to generic hiking boots at this stage.

When i was a carpenter/contractor I was a massive Gri-Sport fan but I paid big money for a pair of their tall hiking boots (for the mountain) and they fell apart after a few days shearing in them. (The suint in the wool destroys leather so my own fault)

Nothing wrong with a Black low top Czech boot. Better than those brown feckers with the yellow laces and the comfort padding around the top.

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,661 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

I saw at the start of this thread a lad recommending Grissport safety boots I actually buy there walking boots. They are very comfortable and I have fussy feet but the Grissport fit like gloves.

The soles are a bit soft but that is only an issue if you are walking on the road, they still lasted me over a year and use them around the farm after that.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭davidk1394

• Registered Users Posts: 18,661 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

I got the walking boots in Gleesons shoes in Limerick. There is some shops online that do them, google them.

There seems to be a few shops in Kerry stocking them.

Slava Ukrainii

Advertisement