Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to invest €80k?

Options
  • 28-05-2015 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

I'd like to invest in a property to rent out. I don't have too much in savings has I had just purchased a house. I can invest around 80k. I had a look in Clare/Limerik where house prices are low and even if rents are low as well I have estimated that I can get a 10% gross from rent (according to daft.ie prices). Do you think it is a good idea? Any other area nationwide good for investments? Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Speak to a financial advisor or the guys in the investment forum to see if there is an alternative with less hassle, unless you want a PT job in addition to life which is fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

So you already have a significant property investment and you plan to invest even more of your savings into the same type of investment in the same market? I think you need to read up on diversification and look at other asset types

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭pasquale83

Diarmuid wrote: »
    So you already have a significant property investment and you plan to invest even more of your savings into the same type of investment in the same market? I think you need to read up on diversification and look at other asset types

Nope, it's the part of savings I want to invest in that type of market.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,536 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Prize bonds, invest in prize bonds.
    Or look at a green investment fund, there's some great scheme out there that are hassle free, guarantee a return

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

ted1 wrote: »
    Prize bonds, invest in prize bonds.
    Or look at a green investment fund, there's some great scheme out there that are hassle free, guarantee a return

do prize bonds give any guaranteed return or is it just being entered in prize draws?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

pasquale83 wrote: »
    Nope, it's the part of savings I want to invest in that type of market.

If you want more property exposure, then a REIT is a more liquid and a lot less hassle option.

Advertisement