Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4s cleaned down. Now passcode not recognised

• 28-05-2015 8:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 358 ✭✭

I cleared down my 4s when I upgraded to an iPhone 5. I gave it to a friend but when she tried to activate the phone it doesn't recognise the 4 digit passcode that I gave her.
    Is it possible that the passcode changed to a default number when I Restored the iPhone to factory settings?
    Anyone know the default code?
    What else can I do??
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

I cleared down my 4s when I upgraded to an iPhone 5. I gave it to a friend but when she tried to activate the phone it doesn't recognise the 4 digit passcode that I gave her.
    Is it possible that the passcode changed to a default number when I Restored the iPhone to factory settings?
    Anyone know the default code?
    What else can I do??
    Thanks.

It could be looking for the PIN for her SIM card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

By clearing did you use the option "erase all content and settings", including switching off "find my iPhone"? It could be asking for your Apple ID and password if that wasn't done. If it's asking for a pin and you don't know it you could remotely wipe the phone through find my iPhone (if that was on). Phone needs to be connected to Internet (wifi or 3G) for that to work. The iPhone will ask for your Apple ID and password for activation after you do that.
    Otherwise you could try a restore through iTunes.
    "Reset all settings" is not the same as "erase all content and settings", if you used the first the phone is still linked to your Apple ID and all passwords stay active.

Advertisement