Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Aviva online quote for only 6 weeks

Options
  • 28-05-2015 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Has anyone had any issues with the Aviva online quotes. I recently bought insurance for them for 550 full comp. (21 yr male, 3 yr no claims, no penalty points, 2002 1 ltr yaris). It did seem cheap in comparision to other companies. The next cheapest quote I got was €690.

I got the documentation from them today and found that the policy lasts from the 25th of May to the 6th of July. On the Aviva website it did not say anywhere clearly how long the policy was for and I didn't input any time period. Anyone else have a similar experience as this? €550 is a crazy price for 6 weeks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

It's likely to be short term documents to ensure you send in your NCB, Licence, payment etc. You'll get annual docs when you complete

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭mondeoman2

Kev Cah wrote: »
    Has anyone had any issues with the Aviva online quotes. I recently bought insurance for them for 550 full comp. (21 yr male, 3 yr no claims, no penalty points, 2002 1 ltr yaris). It did seem cheap in comparision to other companies. The next cheapest quote I got was €690.

I got the documentation from them today and found that the policy lasts from the 25th of May to the 6th of July. On the Aviva website it did not say anywhere clearly how long the policy was for and I didn't input any time period. Anyone else have a similar experience as this? €550 is a crazy price for 6 weeks!

Hi,Im with Aviva also,you have to send them your licence number also any named drivers on the policy,There should be a document with the cert explaining what they want from you before theu send the full cert/disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Kev Cah

Thanks for the quick reply guys. First time I bought insurance online and didn't realize I had to do this. Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

It's not just an online thing with them, I bought mine over the phone and had the same thing while they wait for all the relevant documentation to come through.

Advertisement